Qantas Cash

Qantas Cash

1.3

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes · No (32)
Ray

Raymelbourne

Worst CS, points are all incorrect

Disregard the point-earning rate is crap, its calculation is also incorrect.

I've sent a secured mail and ask why my points were not as expected, and I have pointed out how I calculated on the sep statement. They only replied with an email from its template that didn't even address the problem.

I then called them. The CS told me that it takes 6-8 weeks from the date of the transaction for the points to be received. Again, the question was not answered. I showed him how I calculate the points. He doesn't even bother to try to understand. He just repeated the same thing again.

It's not many points. But they can rip off me, they can rip off every one. I think Qantas should reconsider this product, it's damaging your brand.

whyohwhy

whyohwhy

non existent customer service

non existent customer service. I dispute a transaction and Ayush Gupta never even read my dispute before rejecting my dispute claim. Why bother even having a dispute process if no one even bothers to read anything.

Frequent Flyer

This card is for the same people who buy foreign cash at airports.

Poor customer service, missing money, shocking exchange rates, not able to be used at many businesses overseas, long transfer times (up to 8 weeks to go into your account) and having to deal with Filipino call centre when something goes wrong (and it will) who read from a script and have no authority to actually do anything. Why would you bother? If you want a Qantas card that works, apply for one from the Big 4 banks, it will work and yes you pay fees, but it works out heaps cheaper. I swapped to my banks Qantas M/C 2 years ago and travelled to 18 countries with no problems, this card I had for mainly the US and Europe and spent $354 on phone calls and was stuck a number of times because it wouldn't work.

CurrencyEUR, GBP and USD
Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Qantas Cash compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Viviana O.

Viviana O.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely terrible. Wouldn’t recommend

The card isn’t working and neither are the app, website and customer service. Don’t even bother getting one card. You will stuck at your airport and will not be able to do anything

ABGSydney, NSW

Don't waste your time & money, a product that stains the Qantas name!

Chris

ChrisPerth, WA

Poor exchange rate!

Brief review, think about using you banks Mastercard/Visa debit travel card as this facility just uses MC/V exchange rate plus add their substanstial margin to create a very bad exchange rate.

CurrencyAED and EUR
Elizabeth41

Elizabeth41AU

Qantas let me down again

Qantas Cash had a promotion that if you loaded a minimum of $2,500 onto your card you'd receive 1500 points I just needed a few more points so I could upgrade my next flight, so decided to do it. I waited a couple of weeks the points didn't come through. I contacted Qantas only to be told that you don't receive the points for six to eight weeks after the promotion finishes. it's so disappointing that is not at all clear on the front page where they make that offer, because otherwise I would not have loaded money onto my account at a time when thes Australian dollar was so low. I did it just for the points but won't receive the points in time. Qantas disappoints again.

CurrencyCAD
Jeremy J.

Jeremy J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fees are hidden in poor exchange rate

After a successful trip to NZ using Qantas Money all the way I was keen to try it again on a trip to Bali and Lombok. However after encountering difficulties with the card at a hotel and being forced to use my backup credit card, the stark reality of Qantas Money came to light. Inclusive of fees, two similar sized transactions (one on Westpac Altitude MasterCard and one on Qantas Money) had cost almost 10% more on Qantas Money. Despite Westpac charging me 3% and Qantas Money not attracting a fee, the poor exchange rate offered by Qantas Money made the difference. Suffice to say I immediately unloaded my QM card and have been using the Westpac card ever since.

Ian Kloner

Ian KlonerSydney, NSW

Bad Service

Unable to get verificaton sorted for more that 6 days despite visiting Aus Post and provding passports
No such thing as 24/7 support. No wekend support
Overseas customer care. No Australian Call centre and all they can tell you is that the relevant team is looking into it. They cant put you through to relevant team as it is outsourced
Would never use this company ago

SueS

SueSSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible customer service with locked card

I had a problem with the card being locked in Italy. Despite 4 emails, I have still not received a response nearly one month later. I recommend taking an alternative card (which I did, fortunately). I would have been stranded otherwise. The help line involves long wait times and very expensive call costs - I gave up. I have tried calling now that I'm back in Australia and the service won't let me get past my DOB. Keeps returning me to the identifying loop of questions. HOPELESS! Will never use again.

Lhy

LhySydney, NSW

Communication is poor

Trying to get in touch with anyone on this is useless. The concept is a good idea but sometimes there are glitches in the time it takes to reload/unload funds. I would recommend a back-up plan and travel with cash as well

CurrencyGBP
Competitive Exchange RateNo

Qantas Travel Card is a dud a total waist of time

I traveled to UK, Portugal & Spain and tried to withdraw money 5 different locations and banks with no luck.
When I returned home I rang the unhelp line and received no help.
Unlike the NAB travel card worked great and got overseas assistance.

Vanessa

VanessaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Card doesn't work. Terrible experience with this card.

I travelled to Germany and tried to use the card at an ATM, but the card doesn't work. ATM asked
for the PIN then rejects the card straight away without asking for: CREDIT or SAVINGS. Qantas Cash
Cards are rubbish and don't work in Germany. Error message comes up: Your bank declined your withdrawal request (there were more than 1800 Euros in it). This is false advertising - I was stranded in Europe without being able to access my Euros. Very frustrating, had to call from overseas their Call Centre and waited more than 10 minutes - staff very rude and unprofessional. DO NOT USE AND RELY ON THIS CARD - YOU WILL BE OVERSEAS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO USE IT.

Competitive Exchange RateNo

rude customer service, excess charges, expensive yearly fees and very poor digital experience

- got charged late fee before even using card, doesnt even have online auto debit options. have to fill a paper form and post it to get that done
- customer service is poor, called 3 times to a rude agent, platform issues as well with website and app throwing issues often
- qantas points are poor value as well with good products not available most of the time
with high yearly fees this experience i just unacceptable.

Richard

RichardNorthern Region, NSW

Very poor exchange rates!

Used the Qantas Cash card in South Africa and Botswana because I though it would be more cost effective than credit card fees - wrong!! Exchange rate was so poor that it cost between 4 & 7% more than Bank SA Visa card even after the foreign transaction fees are added.

CurrencyZAR

Use with caution!

This card is useful in that it gives you frequent flyer points. However, beware if you make an incorrect transaction or if there is a cash hold on the card. It takes a full MONTH for holds or pending transactions to drop off the card, which could leave you in a lot of trouble if you need the money. And even if they know that the transactions are incorrect (in my case, multiple identical transactions within minutes with the wrong expiry date entered) the hold period is non-negotiable!

CurrencyAUD, CAD, NZD, SGD and USD

Loanshark rates

Loaded card with $AUD9000 into $US and a day later had a look to see how much it would convert back to Australian $ if I cashed out. Within 24 hours I would lose just under $1000. Absolute robbery. I'm reluctant to use it overseas now as I don't want to give them any more of my money and I don't want to cash out unless the US dollar improves.

CurrencyUSD
Patrick Golden

Patrick GoldenPerth, WA

Do not use.Ever.

Transferred Euro on this card for travelling. Unable to use as PIN "incorrect" even though id confirmed the correct one prior to leaving Australia. When it did "work", it said "card declined" but took the money out twice. the card was then cancelled by Quantas. I repetitively emailed them with no response except the advice to phone a Philippino call centre. Stranded in a foreign country without money isn't fun. DO NOT USE. EVER.

Jamie M

Jamie MSouth East Queensland, QLD

complete rubbish , worst exchange rates out there ,

The card is ok domestically in Australia, venture to any of the countries the card uses local currency you are done for , makes an overseas holiday you save for end up feeding the bank issuer of this worthless product , sold using the QANTAS brand , and that is pretty low these days too.

DOP