Qantas Cash

Qantas Cash

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (17) · No
Val Cochrane

Val CochraneLyons 2606, ACT

Tried to check balance for some reason had to log in then not recognizing information then had to change login pin. Why does this happen ? Has now happened several times in the last few months. Seriously considering giving up this card not the only problem I've had lately

CurrencyAUD
Mick

MickHunter Region, NSW

No problems with Card

Having traveled to Canada & USA over the past 6 years & have had only one issue with card thus far & that was with an ATM in Canada when short changed ($50 instead of $60). I have never used the Qantas card as a "holding" card in hotels but used my bank credit card for this purpose & payed the bill on checkout with Qantas card. Overall a good product

CurrencyCAD and USD
Joseph M.

Joseph M.Sydney, NSW

A great money card to use

I have been to Singapore on two occasions using QC and never had a problem both at the ATM and in shop. I have always loaded my card a couple of months before traveling so money was always there in the estimated time they gave. I never used customer service cause I never had a problem. A great product

CurrencySGD
Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Qantas Cash compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Blake K.

Blake K.South East Queensland, QLD

Just checked my balance and I seem to have lost the $200 I had stored on the card. My balance is now $4.

I travelled to Thailand a few years ago and kept Thai currency on the card. 2 years ago I checked the balance and decided to continue to leave the cash on the card to see if Thai baht exchange became more favourable. My money has since disappeared off the card.

CurrencyTHB
lortet

lortetMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Credit card with perks but oh so inflexible and difficult to deal with

The card works but has some really stupid features. As an airline based card, should be optimised for international use? - No - to access the card online requires (no choices) a working phone for a security code, therefore, if in a country without much of a network, or if you choose not to bother with a phone on holidays - no access. Even at home, after account number surname, PIN and security code - to look at a statement requires a further password. Finally - no email or message contact, has to be by phone - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE to speak of.

Ina

InaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Stranded without money

Mat Kundt

Mat KundtGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Did not work in Europe and Asia, customer service did not return call for a week.

CurrencyEUR, HKD and NZD
wallabyholtze

wallabyholtzeDarwin, NT

Next to useless

Does not reconize my PIN if I want to obtain cash at an ATM. Can only use it for small purchases at tap and go as my PIN does not work. Have sent emails requesting help but have not received any reply.

CurrencyEUR
Adele

AdeleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Steer clear of qantas travel card

We are in Barcelona and unable to use our cards except for small purchases under 30 euro as their card machines do
not have a facility to press ‘credit’ and just entering your PIN number doesn’t
work. This card does not do what it is
advertised to do. Will be lodging a complaint to the regulators on our return.

CurrencyEUR

JAH

JAHVictoria

Terrible if you are overseas and cannot access support

If you don't have access to a phone connection to the help line, nothing can be done. Customer service is rude. A nominated relative can'r even help in Australia. I understand the need for security, but not being able to access money because the pin won't work was very hard.

CurrencyJPY
Dave

DaveSydney

Very easy to use, never had a problem

I was traveling to the USA San Diego and Las Vegas, for 10 days and being a Frequent Flyer member was very interested in the Qantas Travel Money Card. After reading all the negative reviews I was very nervous about loading the card and this being my major source of funs while away.
After making the first transaction on the day I landed and then regular purchases there after.

Downloading the app to my phone also made it very easy to check my balance on the go.

I can only say I am very happy with this card and would recommend it for any Qantas Frequent Flyer member

John

JohnHunter Region, NSW

Disgusting product and service

App (and website) keeps crashing. Gives useless excuses and keeps you from using your own money. Tried several times to rectify, however Completely ignorant and careless support staff. Unable to access money.
AVOID USING IF YOU’RE TRAVELLING OVERSEAS

CurrencyEUR and THB

James

JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a mess!

I have travelled recently in The United States and Italy. Sometimes my card worked, other times not. My pin was rejected, so I got a new pin. It worked, and then it was rejected. I got a third pin which worked for a time and then not. I found my original pin would then work, but then not. So I am now home with a lot of unused money on the card.

CurrencyAUD, EUR and USD

Very worried

We are leaving for one of the most amazing holidays of our lives in just a week, and the service has been abysmal. I have thousands of dollars in foreign currency paid for on this card, yet for the past week, I have been unable to add any more even though the Aussie dollar is falling very fast. I keep getting the same error message every time I try, and it doesn’t matter which credit card are used to transfer the funds. I called today, and I got no help. I worry that I have merely wasted thousands of dollars. I do not recommend the service and all. Just do the good old fashion thing and use your credit card overseas. Trust me, please.
They hook you with the prospect of points. The points aren’t worth the stress.

CurrencyCAD and USD

Zoe G

Zoe GGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I would rate it zero if I could

CurrencyUSD
Tom

TomPerth, WA

Worked Perfect

We recently went on a 4 week holiday through Canada & the USA with a qantas travel card each, spent a lot of time researching other cards as we were worried about the bad reviews on this qantas cash card. Don’t listen to all the bad reviews people only write when something goes wrong. The card was great! Never had an issue, the app was easy to use & to reload currency when needed

We always had a back up credit card & cash with us just in case, what traveler wouldn’t have a back up? Simple.