Qantas Cash

Qantas Cash (page 2 of 27)

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (16) · No (30)

Anonymous

AnonymousSydney

Appalling customer service

Bpayed money onto my card 6 weeks ago when overseas. It left my bank but never got onto the card. Got home, called qantas 10 times. 3 weeks ago they said theyd return it. Still waiting... Never using this card again ever.

CurrencyJPY
John J

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worked Perfectly In UK and Europe

CurrencyEUR and GBP

Worst Custmoer Service

For no reason, my card got locked three days ago, I tried to ring and I didn't have any luck, emailed them and got a reply as they need to talk to me, I provided my contact details and answered every single question they asked, however they didn't reply.

I have tried calling this morning and the service won't let me get past my date of birth, and kept me going in loop for no reason.

Finaly, by following a different way I have got in touch with a customer serivce officer, who didn't answer any questions, instead he was blaming everyone else, he looked like he didn't know what he was talking about.

Don't bother and find another card

Ina

InaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Stranded without money

Mat Kundt

Mat KundtGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Did not work in Europe and Asia, customer service did not return call for a week.

CurrencyEUR, HKD and NZD
SueS

SueSSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible customer service with locked card

I had a problem with the card being locked in Italy. Despite 4 emails, I have still not received a response nearly one month later. I recommend taking an alternative card (which I did, fortunately). I would have been stranded otherwise. The help line involves long wait times and very expensive call costs - I gave up. I have tried calling now that I'm back in Australia and the service won't let me get past my DOB. Keeps returning me to the identifying loop of questions. HOPELESS! Will never use again.

wallabyholtze

wallabyholtzeDarwin, NT

Next to useless

Does not reconize my PIN if I want to obtain cash at an ATM. Can only use it for small purchases at tap and go as my PIN does not work. Have sent emails requesting help but have not received any reply.

Marek P.

Marek P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Thankfully haven't left for our trip yet

Lhy

LhySydney, NSW

Communication is poor

Trying to get in touch with anyone on this is useless. The concept is a good idea but sometimes there are glitches in the time it takes to reload/unload funds. I would recommend a back-up plan and travel with cash as well

CurrencyGBP

Steve P.

Steve P.Sydney, NSW

Look elsewhere

Qantas Travel Card is a dud a total waist of time

I traveled to UK, Portugal & Spain and tried to withdraw money 5 different locations and banks with no luck.
When I returned home I rang the unhelp line and received no help.
Unlike the NAB travel card worked great and got overseas assistance.

Vanessa

VanessaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Card doesn't work. Terrible experience with this card.

I travelled to Germany and tried to use the card at an ATM, but the card doesn't work. ATM asked
for the PIN then rejects the card straight away without asking for: CREDIT or SAVINGS. Qantas Cash
Cards are rubbish and don't work in Germany. Error message comes up: Your bank declined your withdrawal request (there were more than 1800 Euros in it). This is false advertising - I was stranded in Europe without being able to access my Euros. Very frustrating, had to call from overseas their Call Centre and waited more than 10 minutes - staff very rude and unprofessional. DO NOT USE AND RELY ON THIS CARD - YOU WILL BE OVERSEAS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO USE IT.

Dav W

Dav WSydney

Rubbish

CurrencyTHB
Adele

AdeleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Steer clear of qantas travel card

We are in Barcelona and unable to use our cards except for small purchases under 30 euro as their card machines do
not have a facility to press ‘credit’ and just entering your PIN number doesn’t
work. This card does not do what it is
advertised to do. Will be lodging a complaint to the regulators on our return.

JAH

JAHVictoria

Terrible if you are overseas and cannot access support

If you don't have access to a phone connection to the help line, nothing can be done. Customer service is rude. A nominated relative can'r even help in Australia. I understand the need for security, but not being able to access money because the pin won't work was very hard.

CurrencyJPY

Find out how Qantas Cash compares to other Travel Money Cards

rude customer service, excess charges, expensive yearly fees and very poor digital experience

- got charged late fee before even using card, doesnt even have online auto debit options. have to fill a paper form and post it to get that done
- customer service is poor, called 3 times to a rude agent, platform issues as well with website and app throwing issues often
- qantas points are poor value as well with good products not available most of the time
with high yearly fees this experience i just unacceptable.

Max B

Max BCanberra 2600, ACT

Absolute dud

Qantas travel money no ATM in Lisbon accepts my card because it says pin is wrong but all phone contacts with Qantas/ MasterCard with Non English Speaking Call Centres! Talk about “great custtexperience” feels like fraud to me

Cross Your Fingers You Don't Need Customer Support While Travelling

Lozza

LozzaPerth, WA

Good and Bad

CurrencyAUD
Phil2

Phil2Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Useless Don't waste the effort.

Rick

Rickasked

Does Qantas cash card have any fees

ABG
ABG

No, doesn't

Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Technically it doesn't, however they give you poor exchange rates which make it much more expensive then using your bank credit card. It is the same as buying money at the airport, usually 20% worse than at a suburban office of the same company.

Tony C

Tony Casked

This is the only contact form I have found. I am a lifetime member of Qantas Club and have been trying to log in to my apparently dormant cash card account. Changed pin when requested at least twice. Still cannot log in. QC No: 0042515

Michelle M.asked

Money has been taken out of my husbands account without his knowledge, and we are overseas at the moment. What can be done?

Joseph M.
Joseph M.

You have a number at the back of the card and call them up and explain you situation

Thank you.