Qantas Cash

Qantas Cash (page 3 of 27)

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (17) · No (32)

Vanessa

VanessaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Card doesn't work. Terrible experience with this card.

I travelled to Germany and tried to use the card at an ATM, but the card doesn't work. ATM asked
for the PIN then rejects the card straight away without asking for: CREDIT or SAVINGS. Qantas Cash
Cards are rubbish and don't work in Germany. Error message comes up: Your bank declined your withdrawal request (there were more than 1800 Euros in it). This is false advertising - I was stranded in Europe without being able to access my Euros. Very frustrating, had to call from overseas their Call Centre and waited more than 10 minutes - staff very rude and unprofessional. DO NOT USE AND RELY ON THIS CARD - YOU WILL BE OVERSEAS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO USE IT.

Dav W

Dav WSydney

Rubbish

Adele

AdeleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Steer clear of qantas travel card

We are in Barcelona and unable to use our cards except for small purchases under 30 euro as their card machines do
not have a facility to press ‘credit’ and just entering your PIN number doesn’t
work. This card does not do what it is
advertised to do. Will be lodging a complaint to the regulators on our return.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Qantas Cash compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

JAH

JAHVictoria

Terrible if you are overseas and cannot access support

If you don't have access to a phone connection to the help line, nothing can be done. Customer service is rude. A nominated relative can'r even help in Australia. I understand the need for security, but not being able to access money because the pin won't work was very hard.

rude customer service, excess charges, expensive yearly fees and very poor digital experience

- got charged late fee before even using card, doesnt even have online auto debit options. have to fill a paper form and post it to get that done
- customer service is poor, called 3 times to a rude agent, platform issues as well with website and app throwing issues often
- qantas points are poor value as well with good products not available most of the time
with high yearly fees this experience i just unacceptable.

Max B

Max BCanberra 2600, ACT

Absolute dud

Qantas travel money no ATM in Lisbon accepts my card because it says pin is wrong but all phone contacts with Qantas/ MasterCard with Non English Speaking Call Centres! Talk about “great custtexperience” feels like fraud to me

Cross Your Fingers You Don't Need Customer Support While Travelling

Lozza

LozzaPerth, WA

Good and Bad

Phil2

Phil2Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Useless Don't waste the effort.

Richard

RichardNorthern Region, NSW

Very poor exchange rates!

Used the Qantas Cash card in South Africa and Botswana because I though it would be more cost effective than credit card fees - wrong!! Exchange rate was so poor that it cost between 4 & 7% more than Bank SA Visa card even after the foreign transaction fees are added.

Peter Lydiate

Peter LydiateMid West, WA

Not worth the hassle

Use with caution!

This card is useful in that it gives you frequent flyer points. However, beware if you make an incorrect transaction or if there is a cash hold on the card. It takes a full MONTH for holds or pending transactions to drop off the card, which could leave you in a lot of trouble if you need the money. And even if they know that the transactions are incorrect (in my case, multiple identical transactions within minutes with the wrong expiry date entered) the hold period is non-negotiable!

Loanshark rates

Loaded card with $AUD9000 into $US and a day later had a look to see how much it would convert back to Australian $ if I cashed out. Within 24 hours I would lose just under $1000. Absolute robbery. I'm reluctant to use it overseas now as I don't want to give them any more of my money and I don't want to cash out unless the US dollar improves.

Steve Belton

Steve BeltonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Customer service is non existent when you need it most.

Patrick Golden

Patrick GoldenPerth, WA

Do not use.Ever.

Transferred Euro on this card for travelling. Unable to use as PIN "incorrect" even though id confirmed the correct one prior to leaving Australia. When it did "work", it said "card declined" but took the money out twice. the card was then cancelled by Quantas. I repetitively emailed them with no response except the advice to phone a Philippino call centre. Stranded in a foreign country without money isn't fun. DO NOT USE. EVER.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Nothing but trouble with the Qantas Cash Card.

Nothing but trouble with the Qantas Cash Card. Limited ATM's o/s you can use. Changed my PIN and it did not register although when I did it it said it had been changed. Was o/s and did not have my Australian mobile number therefore the assistance help line and send code was useless. This time loaded money and was o/s and the ATM said the card was expired...which was correct. No access to money. Got back and rang up and asked why I had been automatically sent a new card, they said sorry we haven't sent you one! What disgraceful customer service. Don't get one for o/s travel!!!

francid66

francid66

Frustrating cash card and log in difficulties

My husband and I have separate cash cards which we load before travelling overseas which we have done quite a few times recently. Last week I loaded money into my account but was unable to access the account for my husband. Having spent at least 5 hours we finally cancelled the card. There was no way we could get access. Our travel agent informed us that our usual banking card is very accesible and easy to use so that is the way we will go.
Qantas leaves a lot to de desired

Jamie M

Jamie MSouth East Queensland, QLD

complete rubbish , worst exchange rates out there ,

The card is ok domestically in Australia, venture to any of the countries the card uses local currency you are done for , makes an overseas holiday you save for end up feeding the bank issuer of this worthless product , sold using the QANTAS brand , and that is pretty low these days too.

Do not use

Susan
Susan
John T.

John T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Difficult website and app

Tried to apply for this product online and through the app, and I just kept being sent around in circles. I’ve given up. But after having read the rest of the reviews, I’m glad I did.