Qantas Cash

Qantas Cash

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (1) · No (3)
Mat Kundt

Mat KundtGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Did not work in Europe and Asia, customer service did not return call for a week.

CurrencyEUR, HKD and NZD
Competitive Exchange RateYes
Lhy

LhySydney, NSW

Communication is poor

Trying to get in touch with anyone on this is useless. The concept is a good idea but sometimes there are glitches in the time it takes to reload/unload funds. I would recommend a back-up plan and travel with cash as well

CurrencyGBP
Competitive Exchange RateNo

Use with caution!

This card is useful in that it gives you frequent flyer points. However, beware if you make an incorrect transaction or if there is a cash hold on the card. It takes a full MONTH for holds or pending transactions to drop off the card, which could leave you in a lot of trouble if you need the money. And even if they know that the transactions are incorrect (in my case, multiple identical transactions within minutes with the wrong expiry date entered) the hold period is non-negotiable!

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Qantas Cash compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

wayne

wayneSunshine coast

Terrible customer service

Tom

TomSouth East Queensland, QLD

Qantas Premotion

I wish i read these reviews before loading UK pounds onto my card. They have a promotion on if you load more than $5000 dollars onto your card you get two Qantaz club passes. I registered and loaded the money and never heard a thing about it. I rang them and i m told you dont get them till 6-8 weeks time. That is good as i am travelling tonight . I just hope i do not have issues like what i read hear . Kicking myself i did not read the reviews before hand and so many of them.

CurrencyGBP
Peoplearefunny

PeoplearefunnyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really disappointed

Have use the card on a couple of overseas holidays with no problems. Requested a replacement card neary 3 weeks ago and rang them yesterday to see where it was. I was told not to worry it is being processed. I wanted to use it on an upcoming trip in 2 weeks but will definitely not do so now. Imagine if a lost the card whilst overseas. Don't worry you will get a replacement in 4 short weeks!

Kevin H

Kevin HSydney, NSW

Very Bad Service

I ordered my Qantas Cash card 6 weeks ago. After 4 weeks I called Qantas to find out where it was, they couldn't answer me. They told me that would send me another one express post, 2 to 3 days delivery.
Some 11 days later, I called them again. They told me it was yet to be processed, so much for Frequent Flyer Loyalty, ended going elsewhere.

Do Not use this Card in Japan!

If travelling to Japan, take Yen only and do not rely on this card for purchases. Japan is a mainly cash society and most times I tried to use I had to put in my Pin Number and every time, the card would not work. If I signed for transactions, then it is fine, but these were extremely rare with the majority of transactions required a Pin so card it not ideal. Also the transfer process is cumbersome with each time waiting for a different reference number from Qantas before I could BPay AUD into Japanese Yen.

Won't be using this card again for any travel in the future.

I have had better experience with CBA Travel Card who have a seamless and quick processing time to get the funds onto the card.

Competitive Exchange RateNo
Spinner

Spinner

Ongoing problems and poor customer service

CoogeeGuy

CoogeeGuySydney, NSW

I think we can all agree that Qantas Travel money has a offensive exchange rate and make a HUGE prof

The exchange rate using Qantas Travel Money is the worst on the market. Even NAB Travel Money have a better exchange rate, and thats saying something. But don't forget who you are dealing with, and that is the Queensland's Heritage Bank MasterCard. I suppose we can all see the problem with this! Not only does the bank want their cut, but so does Qantas. Thus it makes more sense to research and find a travel card who offers better exchanged rates and conditions. I will dump Qantas Travel Money after my next trip, but I have already loaded for my trip coming up.

Karen

KarenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible rate on return.

Travelled to USA, on return to AUS I am getting 10c less per dollar than if i bought US dollars. That is how they secretly get fees and charges. it says on the Qantas site 1x US dollar is buying $1:45 aus; but if i transfer my US dollars i will only get $1:31 aus.

Lisa M

Lisa MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor exchange rates

We loaded money onto the Qantas Card for trip to Fiji as they advertise the promise of no fees. However, they don't mention their poor conversion rates. $1 FJD = $0.65 AUD was the standard conversion rate but we got $0.71 to $0.72. This is about 10% more on the conversation rate. On top of this, establishments in Fiji charged card fees of 3% on top of the purchase price.
Find another option.

Tumbleweed

TumbleweedAustralian Capital Territory

Rates and tricks

If you have AUD loaded into the card and use that in any other currency the rate will be worse than the crappy rates they give you anyway. I am always amused when they have the special rates days which are so small in terms of the increases offered as to make them just silly. It is no surprise they only offer these when the dollar slumps.

NickS

NickSMelbourne

The Exchange rates when loading money are poor

Johno

JohnoRegional NSW

A fair weather card only

PayPal to Qantas Cash transfer in foreign currency conversion warning

Dave

DaveSydney

Product seems to be OK but the service is not!

Customer Service has a lot to be desired.

I have spent AUS $60 on phone calls trying to find out where my card has gone. I was sent a new one on 14th Dec. or that is what I was told. It is now Feb and I still have not received the card and they are issuing a new one. The card should have come to an Italian address and the last phone call I had I was told no it didn't leave on the 14th Dec it left on 19th Dec and no it wasn't posted to Italy it was posted to my home address in Australia which is great when I am in Italy and I am loathe to put any more money on it until I receive the card in my hand. Trouble is that everyone you speak to has a different story...

Terence

TerenceHonolulu

QC - exchange rate deception

Qantas Cash advertised exchange rate on the home page is not applied to transactions.
Advertised rate for transaction 14 hours ago was .7673 (US) rate applied to a transaction at that time was .758. Small difference but is happening with 100% consistency.
Amex are consistent in .77 to .768 range.

Jimmy

JimmyMelbourne

It was ok, but now getting bad.

I only use it in Australia, because I know the exchange rate is bad on Qantas cash. It was ok before, you spend $2 for 1 point in Australia, but now you need to spend $4 to earn 1 point.... now this card become useless. BTW ..... I use my Citibank card overseas, because there is no ATM fee on most countries and very close to XE exchange rate.