Qantas Cash

Qantas Cash

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (1) · No (0)
Mick

MickHunter Region, NSW

No problems with Card

Having traveled to Canada & USA over the past 6 years & have had only one issue with card thus far & that was with an ATM in Canada when short changed ($50 instead of $60). I have never used the Qantas card as a "holding" card in hotels but used my bank credit card for this purpose & payed the bill on checkout with Qantas card. Overall a good product

CeeDee57

CeeDee57Sydney

Worked ok in the USA

Brodles

Brodles

Great card for travel money while earning FF points

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Qantas Cash compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Debbie

DebbieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worked great, for us

Doesnt work for online sales in america

We used the card for travel in Dubai, Venice, Athens and Santorini. No probs getting cash out of any ATM. Tried first in Dubai airport, followed the instructions it worked. If you use it as credit card in Dubai have the amount paid in aussie dollars not UAE dirhams, cheaper the shop lady said. I tried to use it from Australia to buy online parts from new mexico , America but declined 3 times. Rang the help line took 4 mins pressing numbers on phone got thru to Manila. The lady was very helpful and said it was still active and had the required amount on it and should work. It doesn't work in America for online sales from my experience. So went and got a aussie post load and go card, worked first time after doing log in.

Luke T

Luke TAU

I use this in Australia Only

Geoff F

Geoff FHobart

A good way of managing your travel currency

For me, the convenience of having multiple currencies stored on the one card would alone be enough to make this a really handy product. The exchange rate is probably not the best (nor is it the worst!) but locking the cash into the card does give you certainty.

I find it better for withdrawing cash than paying for goods, as once or twice in restaurants for whatever reason the PIN (which I am 100% certain I entered correctly) was not accepted. So you should probably carry a credit card with you as well, as a backup.

Felicity

FelicityLaunceston

No Problems

I have used my Qantas cash card in Asia and in Europe and had no issues. Exchange rate is slightly less than the banks but there are no extra fees

DBBrisbane

No Problems

After reading poor reviews I was wary, but chose to use it as a back up. I set it up with some GBP and AUD and used it before heading overseas to be sure.
Qantascash has served me well in both England and France, I have had to load up, transfer between currencies and change defaults currency a few times and it is so easy with the app. It really is a good way to get cash and make purchases overseas. (Not to use for security deposits etc)
My only gripe is instant loading is only possible on a PC, and the fee that comes with it. Transferring funds to card needs improvement. But overall very satisfied.
Positives - works everywhere, good app to manage account. Easy default currency change.
Negatives- hard to get cash on card quickly.

DB

As with any card to be used overseas it pays to set up and use in home country before leaving. QCash is great for purchases and getting cash from ATMs and not for hotel or hire car security deposits.

HRS91

HRS91Queensland

Love that I can earn points every single day!

So useful when travelling overseas. Great customer service and product.

RJ MSouth West, WA

Only for use in Aus....

RJ M

Now getting transfers in about 24 hrs from my Combank acc....

Designguy84

Designguy84Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great card for paying bills and earning QF Points

I have found this card fantastic for paying all my bills (rates, petrol, car registration, insurance, public transport passes, etc) and earning Qantas points in the process.

I can't comment on using it internationally as I use a far superior visa debit card issued by Citibank when I travel (no fees, very reasonable cash rate) but for domestic use in Australia the Qantas Cash card is more than adequate.

Very easy to load and I have had no issues since I started using it 18 months ago, therefore I can't comment on their customer support.

Unknown

Unknown

Its pretty good

Some ATM's the card didn't work in Vietnam, But it generally worked pretty well at 80% of them and while of course it costs money in fees to withdraw money from ATM's, i didnt have any problems with it in my 2 occasions whilst being overseas and that was the main thing!

Rocutus

RocutusSydney Surrounds, NSW

Works well overseas or at home

Michele37

Michele37Townsville

free points

Good way to have travel cash

I've just spent a little over a week I New Zealand and had no problems with the card. The exchange rate probably isn't great but at least you know how much you have in your account and don't get charged all those fees for currency exchange etc.

It does take a few days to load up your currency though. Probably good to take a backup credit card with you. I always do.

Updated Review after 2 years' continuous use.

Possum_boy

Possum_boyAU

All good, except for login.

I have used the Qantas card for two overseas trips, without a problem. My research at the time, had it's exchange rate beating all the majors but not the OzForex card. Adding funds to the card and transferring funds between currencies all worked without a problem. The only aspect I don't like much is the convoluted login.

Leonie C

Leonie CSydney, Australia

Fairly good to use in countries which like credit cards and have currencies that are on the card