Qantas Cash

Qantas Cash

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (3) · No (2)
Joseph M.

Joseph M.Sydney, NSW

A great money card to use

I have been to Singapore on two occasions using QC and never had a problem both at the ATM and in shop. I have always loaded my card a couple of months before traveling so money was always there in the estimated time they gave. I never used customer service cause I never had a problem. A great product

John J

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worked Perfectly In UK and Europe

CurrencyEUR and GBP
Dave

DaveSydney

Very easy to use, never had a problem

I was traveling to the USA San Diego and Las Vegas, for 10 days and being a Frequent Flyer member was very interested in the Qantas Travel Money Card. After reading all the negative reviews I was very nervous about loading the card and this being my major source of funs while away.
After making the first transaction on the day I landed and then regular purchases there after.

Downloading the app to my phone also made it very easy to check my balance on the go.

I can only say I am very happy with this card and would recommend it for any Qantas Frequent Flyer member

Competitive Exchange RateYes
Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Qantas Cash compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

FrankN

FrankNGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No hassle at all

Looks like there are people that are not happy with the Qcash service.
Suggestion is to go to another service provider.
If you do not like to fly QUANTAS, then fly Vergin or Tiger.
If you do not like to shop at Coles, then you go to Woolies.
Customer choice is a powerful action.
Good luck

CurrencyCAD, JPY and USD
Competitive Exchange RateNo
Tom

TomPerth, WA

Worked Perfect

We recently went on a 4 week holiday through Canada & the USA with a qantas travel card each, spent a lot of time researching other cards as we were worried about the bad reviews on this qantas cash card. Don’t listen to all the bad reviews people only write when something goes wrong. The card was great! Never had an issue, the app was easy to use & to reload currency when needed

We always had a back up credit card & cash with us just in case, what traveler wouldn’t have a back up? Simple.

Competitive Exchange RateYes
The Artist Formerly Know

The Artist Formerly KnowBNE, QLD

The BEST dispute service in the business!

The BEST dispute service in the business!

The dispute team is always on your side granted you fill in the form properly.

If anything goes wrong with your dispute you can always escalate your grievance to Quality Control and they WILL give you a amiable outcome in a prompt fashion.

Their dispute service is MUCH better than that of its counterpart Virgin Global Velocity Wallet !

My only complaint is Qantas Cash to date has no virtual card function which its counterpart has!

Competitive Exchange RateNo
Hugh

HughKuranda

Easy to use card, Great customer service

I've been using this card for few years now and it always worked well, even getting cash out from atm's.
I needed help with allocating a new card and the girls at costumer service and membership were very helpful and friendly. Happy with this service

Chloe

ChloeSydney, NSW

What's with all the whining?? Card is great

No idea why people moan about this.
Have used it for multiple holidays - US, UK, Italy, France, Scotland and never had an issue.
Easy to load, easy to transfer.
Works where previously my ANZ travel card wouldn't.
Never had a problem at any vendors or ATMs.
Obviously there are fees, they can't offer a service for nothing??
Lost my wallet, called and asked for a replacement card. Got it express post in the mail two days later, no cost.
I don't transfer it all over before the trip. I leave it sitting in AUD and transfer in chunks. Saved me losing money transferring unused funds back later, and also meant I could use it as a tap and go card when I got home to use up the excess funds.

Travtimer

TravtimerMelbourne

Card has served me well both USA and Japan

Accepted at all types of purchase withdraw with no fees in Japan from 7/11 shops. In USA withdraw cash from America bank for small fee, when using in other transaction sometimes they ask for id and sign, pay tips with cash. Do not use for accommodation as a bond that is held can take days to weeks be re credited,book in with a credit card and settle account with Qantas card in USA currency, or in Japan Yen loaded on card

jean

jean

Excellent Card for USA

Spent 3 weeks in USA used card for nearly all purchases and also ATM for card. If using to pay for meal and you give card for payment and its authorised beware if you add a tip on most places do a new authorisation for the new amount and you need to wait days for the 1st one to drop out. Best way is to say no tip and the leave tip in cash. When using in shops most times not asked for pin or even to sign.

Hawka

HawkaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very easy to use

Recently loaded and used for trip to Thailand, was accepted at all restaurants and atm machines with no drama at all. Very convenient app allows you to view your account balance easily. Definitely recommend and will use again!

James

JamesMelbourne

Good travel card, with fraudulent transaction protection - MasterCard Zero Liability

I've utilised this card for some years now - easy and convenient to load funds, fees are minimal (https://www.qantascash.com/rates-fees/fees-charges/), and the acceptance seems wide with MasterCard. Having recently experience loss on the card from fraudulent activity, I was please with the process and timeliness of the response and the return of my lost funds - phone call to alert me of some 'unusual activity', emailed a dispute form to complete, funds returned and new card received within 2 weeks.

Possible Improvements;
- better transfer rates between currencies (on the card),
- clearer (specifically easier to read balance information) details for transactions and balance amounts in the Transaction History / Statements.

Awesome... no problem at all

Tyrone S

Tyrone SBrisbane

Worked perfectly every time through Europe and UK

John Miller

John MillerPerth

Efficient, easy to use, prompt assistance.

I used this card while on holiday in the USA and Canada in 2017. The card is easy to load via the internet, exchange rate and commission are industry standard and the card works seamlessly apart from "tap and go" not available. I have had no trouble at ATMs, restaurants, tours etc. The website is updated rapidly showing all transactions.

On one occasion I couldn't access the site but a call to the international assistance number had things out rapidly following which all was again fully functional.

I can't understand the negative comments. This card is dependable and seamlessly functional.

John Miller
Perth. Western Australia

Kelly

KellySydney Surrounds, NSW

No problems in the USA

I was concerned after reading reviews however I had no problems with the card traveling in the USA for a month. I didn't use it for holding funds for hotels or car hires used my cc and used the Qantas cash card for all purchases meals etc and to withdraw cash a couple of times had no problems at all. Just be mindful when loading funds if it's the weekend in Oz as it will take longer to come across

Stephen Naughtin

Stephen NaughtinMidland

Understand the Card and your destinations currencies

Art Hurwitz

Art HurwitzSydney, NSW

Works perfectly for me

Happy - not

Happy - notSydney, NSW

Very pleased.

I had not used my Qantas Cash card outside Australia before, but I recently used it all over Japan & had no issues at all. I was able to make purchases in many stores, & easily withdraw money from various ATMs. Some places charge a withdrawal fee & some don't - you need to do the research.
I would definitely use it again.

No problems with card