QBD

QBD

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (22)
Melissa

MelissaSydney, NSW

So slow and didn't respond to my email

It has taken over a week for QBD online to dispatch my order. Because of this I won't be getting my order on time for Christmas. They didn't even bother responding to my email.

Lauren.as

Lauren.asGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never received any of the books I ordered

Shocking. ordered 2 books. They contacted me to say one of the books would be available after Christmas, I said I was happy to wait but asked if they could ship the other book I ordered, they told me "no, our system doesn't allow that" even though I stated it was a Christmas present. Now one week out from Christmas they cancelled my order because their supplier couldn't tell them when stock was available for one of the books so they refunded both books without sending the other one that was in stock. Will not be buying from QBD books online ever again, what an absolute mess!!!

malhoney

malhoneyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lovely!

I have always gone to QBD and i love the books! It was so hard to choose a book! But one time when i went i asked the cashier for a bag and he didn't give me one. I didn't wanna sound rude is i just left and had to carry the books myself without any help. I have never experienced this at any store. please ask your cashiers to listen a bit more. Other than that i definetly recommend this store!

Store LocationChadstone

Reader

ReaderRockhampton

Brilliant customer service

I wrote a review about QBD a little while ago and it was not good and at the time it was for good reason.It was terrible,everything about it was negative.However credit where credit is due and things have changed at least at our local store anyway. The main staff members seem to be constant and are well informed and actually read books.Always a plus if the staff of a bookstore like reading.The staff are also friendly and actually know us and will wave to us as we walk past on the rare occasions that we do not actually go into the store.I hope it is the same at all stores, that all avid readers and customers of QBD get to experience the same great customer service as we do.Well done QBD.

Truthsayer

TruthsayerIllawarra, NSW

Went out of thgeir way to resolve problem

Not the first time a book has been advertised being no where in the actual stores' system, so whose fault is that, I don't know...store manager, head office???
But I can tell you, those working there, (I have many, many books but dealing with what the shop can hold, is huge...some taking up the aisles, some in disrepair due to careless fingers so now discounted, and always a bargain to be found), really went the full distance in getting the book in from another store only days later, being very apologetic in the process.
Well done the assistants.

Store Locationwollongong
furious

furious

1 month later and still no books

Store Locationonline

Falsely advertises books in stock through online store

Store LocationQBD Online
John

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Avoid QBD online purchasing - QBD doesn't value their customers.

Store LocationQBD online Bookshop
Tarzi

TarziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible! On every level!

I did an online order and received confirmation of order email. 15 days later after emailing them 3 times regarding delivery, and not receiving replies, they finally advise that my ordered items were out of stock. Requested refund as I am not waiting til May when the next shipment of goods will arrive. Now still waiting for a reply and refund to my forth email. Arghh...pathetic..it I could give them 0 stars, they'd get it from me. Can't believe this business is even operational.

Apple

AppleBrisbane

2 weeks and they haven't even shipped "in stock" order out. Now resolved

wondering if they are in liquidation or adminstration. no reason for them to sit on 2 orders both "instock" and fully paid for for over 2 weeks - No contact back via phone, emails, website contact forms or social media. Poor contact for 2 weeks but their social media acted fairly quickly once I made it public. Resolved now

Store Locationonline
Megancameron

MegancameronGoulburn Valley, VIC

knowledgeable staff

Every one of these book stores I’ve been too have genuine readers employed, they can help you find any sort of book that may spark your interest. I was recently recommend the call of the wild and loved it . It helped that the staff member was able to give me information on the book and not spoil anything. I would recommend this chain of book stores.

Store LocationLavington
Delrus

DelrusPeel, WA

Really Dissapointed (Online Order)

SarahBear

SarahBearGold Coast

Ordered books from a series

Ordered 4 books from a japanese manga series that my daughter loves. Looked at loads of different websites for the same books. All the others had a 3-4 week waiting period for dispatch, this was early December. QBD had all books in stock. Free shipping and were delivered the next day. Very happy customer.

candywicks

candywicksSydney, NSW

Pre-ordering is pointless

I pre-ordered a book one week before it was scheduled to be released. It has been 3 weeks since it has officially been released and it still has not even been shipped out. The date of shipment was changed twice and then finally ended with a 'we dont know when it will be shipped'.
I gave it an extra week and it has now been a full month since i placed the order.
I may as well have waited instead of pre-ordering.
Order has been cancelled and refunded as I am convinced that it will never arrive. Will be ordering from somewhere else.

Cliff P

Cliff PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent On-line Service

Ordered books Wednesday night. Dispatched Thursday. Received Friday. Books were already on sale but I received a further discount for a bulk purchase of 4 books (my wife and daughters are all receiving the same fabulous book for Christmas)

Store LocationOn Line

Benny

BennySydney Surrounds, NSW

Beware buying electronic gift vouchers on weekend

Bought a electronic gift voucher on Saturday morning and voucher not received until Monday morning. No phone support on weekends to question why it had not been issued. There should be a warning posted about this on their website

Nightingale

Nightingale

Good Books

Love grabbing a bargain at QBD, great range and prices and the staff are friendly and helpful. I wanted a particular book and the lady printed the books with pricing and asked me to call back with details of the one I wanted to order.

Store LocationRingwood Eastland
James Shellshear

James ShellshearIllawarra, NSW

Great!!

I've purchased a number of books from these guys either online or from their Hornsby Westfield store. The people in Hornsby are unbelievably helpful - makes a huge change from much customer service these days. The shipping is very reasonable for books they don't have in store. As a school teacher who often requires books relatively quickly, they're a dream to deal with. They also have a wonderful collection of history books for history buffs.

Store LocationHornsby
rusty

rustySydney Surrounds, NSW

could not care about loyal shoppers

My self and our book club have been buying books from qbd for more than 20 years books were good prices books have always arrived on time plus well packed and quick service. Tried to use the new zip pay and was refused 3 times, sent e mail it should not have happened looked on google for book store we found booktopia placed 3 separate orders books arrived next day well packed and on the 3 times payed with afterpay no problem guess we we now use so much for store loyality!

Store Locationon line store

Voucher purchased on weekend...

Didn't arrive until next business day! (they don't work weekends apparently, but have stores open on weekends according to Google)
Postal address added for online purchase was altered by QBD, for no logical reason. Details were removed from postal address.
First and last impressions left a lot to be desired! Will not bother with them again!