QBD

QBD (page 5 of 5)

Emily

EmilySydney, NSW

Satisfied

I always walk out of this shop having bought something. As they are the only bookstore at my local shopping centre I only have the option to buy from them if I don't want to buy online but I'm finding I would rather go there instead of buying online. I am a fan of their classics and general fiction sections and the selection of versions you have to choose from is great. If I go in there looking for a particular book and I can't find it they are always willing and able to order it in for me.
Helpful staff, great range
Bit on the expensive side with some books.

Lola

LolaNSW

Horrible.

The Liverpool Westfield store is a joke. I was very excited that a new bookstore was opening in Liverpool Westfield as I had gotten sick of ordering books online, only to discover that the staff is disrespectful and rude and a have a disgusting attitude towards their job and the customers. They are unorganised and it seems to me that another bookstore will once again close in Westfield. Will not come again, have told my friends and family about the bad experience and will not recommend to anyone, only offer them the website where I am once again buying books.

back to online

I thought I would support local business and ventured in store. I asked for advice on two books and which would be more appropriate re puberty for girls and the lady behind the counter could not have been more disinterested if she tried. Unhelpful and unfriendly. I should have saved myself some dollars and shopped online.

Book Shops

Find out how QBD compares to other Book Shops

Jazmine

JazmineCapalaba, Queensland

Love this shop

Compared to other retail book shops I love QBD as I find they have a good variety of topics and sell books you just dont see elsewhere. I also love that they have a dedicated 'New Age' section that I love. And I love their special table they have out the front of the store.
Love the lay out of the retail shops, good variety of topics and specials
I once asked if they had a book in stock or could order it, and I was told that they couldnt as it wasnt one of their suppliers so couldnt help me.

Luke95

Luke95South East Queensland, QLD

Great all-round Australia business

Good to see that they are keeping some of their retail outlets open as well as the online store. Great prices, often times there is a free shipping offer available. There was a few times where I bumped into problems but these were quickly resolved by the helpful staff, always had good experiences with customer service. I would much rather pay a slight bit more for a book and know that it will definitely come, will come fast, will come in a good condition and good customer service is available than otherwise.
Great customer service, choice between store and online, fast and free delivery, reasonable prices

Kat_T

Kat_TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer service great, price and range ok

Let's be honest, many people buy their books online these days. But every now and then you find yourself wanting to actually see something first, or make an impulse buy, or need a last minute gift.
QBD are moderately priced for most stuff, and I often buy impulse items from their sale tables. But what sets them apart for me (at least at my local store) is the customer service. The ladies who work there are lovely, always friendly and willing to help. One even went out of her way to get me a book from another store; most places these days will just tell you to drive to the other store or put it in the too hard basket.
Customer service is great, ok range and prices

strass

strass

Good service. Aussie owned.

Mel77l

Mel77lSydney

Reliable, cheap & a very extensive range

not.happy.jan

not.happy.jan

An awesome example of fantastic customer service

Ordered a book that they didn't have stock, I was phoned by a Manager within 2 days and said my book was in store , Willing to go the Extra Mile @ QBD Chermside
Cheap and reliable