QBE Home and Contents Insurance

QBE Home and Contents Insurance Questions & Answers

12 questions from our users

Prue T

Prue Tasked

Does contents insurance cover lost reading glasses?

Kym
Kym

Only if u added them under your cover I’m sure

Prince S.

Prince S.asked

I have breakinn theff took most of the stuff. I just read all reviews I bit scared now . Will qbe accepted my cliam. If they don't what should need to do. Do I need to hire a solicitor. For my cliam.

QBEQBE

Hi Prince, as with all claims, you will need to submit a claim form with supporting documents for assessment and a determination will be made on your claim. You can find the claim form here - https://www.qbe.com/au/claims

Archrivalasked

Is there enough dissatisfaction with QBE and their tactics to present a complaint to ASIC

LS1

I’m told I was going to get a call to respond my claim but just like I expected no call and no follow up

Archrival

Product review have pulled my review of QBE and hidden it in elders insurance even though elders insurance are 80% owned by QBE and have refused to publish a new review in QBE insurance catagory . Pressure or fear ?

Shelly N.

Shelly N.asked

Just wondering if I go ahead and pay for my broken ducted air con system will I be able to claim...only spoke to a claims person today and I don't feel very confident about QBE after reading all the bad reviews...any information would be appreciated

Archrival

Rightfully so they are scammers

Judi

Judiasked

We have just sustained damage to the rear of our home when the neighbour's house burned down. Our insurer is QBE and the neighbour is with Suncorp. We have placed a claim with QBE and had visits from assessors, restorative people etc. We have an excess of $500 to pay but do not think we should be paying this. I would think that our insurance company would claim this directly off the neighbour's company??? Am I correct in assuming this?

Craig Masked

Why do QBE insurance require quote for the repair of my flood affected electrical items (power tools and Christmas lights)? When it is hard to find someone even willing to look at them.

QBEQBE

Hi Craig, we'd be happy to look into the specifics of your request if you can message us via our Facebook page ~BLS

I am sorry but I don't have Facebook

noosa bob

Contact us through facebook sounds like qbe....little wonder they are the worst insurers. Message us your ohone number would be the very least I would expect from any company with which I had a dispute. Qbe managers and execs refuse to lower themselves to discussing issues with their customers.

May

Mayasked

We have some damage on the roof due to the recent hail storms about 3 weeks ago. After the accessor had come, QBE has appointed the Johns Lyng Express Building Solutions to fix our damage, but after reading online about this company, the rating is horrible (http://www.productreview.com.au/p/johns-lyng-insurance-builders.html). As said by the other reviewer I don't want to good things being damaged and the damaged is not fixed. I want to know if QBE can assign another building company for the fix or if I can find myself a quotation for the fix then submit QBE for approval to work if the cost is less than or similar to the quote they have got from Johns Lyng Express? And what's the process in doing that? Thanks

QBEQBE

Hi May, this is a question we will need claims to look at. Can you email us some details at socialmedia@qbe.com and we will escalate it for attention ~BLS

Maggie

Maggieasked

how can I send an e-mail to the complaints dept (enquiries@qbe.com) when it bounces back and says the address is unavailable?

QbeQBE

Hi Maggie, the email for the complaints department is complaints@qbe.com. ~SS

Eileen72

Eileen72asked

I had my contents insured with QBE while they were in storage. I cancelled the policy on the day I took them out of storage and moved them to my new home. I didn't unpack immediately as the new house wasn't quite ready to live in. However as I do unpack I have discovered a lot of damage caused by mice and an expensive mattress ruined. Am I entitled to make a claim?

QbeQBE

Hi Eileen, we'd like to assist. In order for us to look into this we would need to have your policy number and best contact details. To protect your privacy we suggest private messaging us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/QBEInsuranceAustralia. We can then have a specialist contact you to discuss and assist with your claim. ~SS

Jack

Jackasked

Can i claim on my lost glasses?

QBEQBE

Hi Jack, it will depend on your policy type. We've sent you a PM to obtain some more details. ~BLS

Beck

Beckasked

Out of all the quotes for storm damage, assessors have recommended cash settlement, qbe are fighting me on this and want me to waste more time on getting yet more quotes then pay them via cheque,
Can I push for a cash settlement from their first sent out builder (cheapest of the quotes) get all local contractors, then they send out the same builder for approval of all work finished?? Taken 2 months and still not settled from storm damage!!! Frustrating is not the word for our feelings!!!

QBEQBE

Hi Beck, if you want to send us a private message via our Facebook page with some details on the claim, we can look into this for you ~BLS

bronwyn fickel

bronwyn fickelasked

Bathroon lflooding. Am I covered with insurance?

Marsanne
Marsanne

Depends on your policy I suppose and what caused the flooding. I was covered in my policy as the flooding was caused by a burst pipe. Unfortunately, the insurer was so lame that they in theory covered it but the service was so appalling that it did not get fixed. Choose your insurer well. Don't choose QBE, which was my insurer and I cancelled my insurances once I learned that they did not deliver on their promises.

Matty
Matty

I wasn't. They demanded i pay a licenced plumber/gas fitter to replace and report on the burst pipe that wasnt a relative. So the plumber that uses the bathroom stood an watched a stranger do the 5min job an pass an invoice for $200 only for qbe to say we had to sue the pipe manufacturer or the builder (it was a new house) for the skirtings, carpet, doors, bath cabinets and drained hot water system damage. The builder says thats what we should have paid insurance for. The pipe was $1.48 over theives.

noosa bob

If, like us, you are foolish enough to have insured with Qbe, I can only suggest you move your business to a real insurer such as Suncorp. 4 months after Cyclone Debbie, many Suncorp insured businesses are up an running....our Melbourne based Qbe person whinges about the heat and hates being in the tropics. He still hasn't even got power on to our accomodation apartments.

We're moving to Suncorp....insuring with qbe in qld is a bad decision.

Get an answer from our members and QBE representatives