QBE Home and Contents Insurance

1.2

Diguzz

DiguzzPerth, WA

Really not happy

Did not receive renewal this year! Have been with them 18 years always paid! They tell me it was sent but it wasnt! Now trying to charge lot more. Not happy

Sean

SeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ANZ (QBE) Home and Contents up 20%

Rosie

RosieIllawarra, NSW

They use Sedgwick to commit fraud from customers

They use 3rd party Sedgwick to commit fraud on their behalf. Deliberately will deceive you. They do not focus on customer satisfaction. Take photos and create a portfolio of evidence.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateDecember 2019
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how QBE Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

KARL

KARLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claim warning

After 30 years my first claim, a hail storm, rejected. NOTE its ANZ\QBE neither company should be in insurance. Out of five tin rooved houses on my side of the street thanks to QBE I'm the only one not getting a new roof, the advice I received from the insurer was to fix it myself and paint over the stains on the ceiling. Not only am I shafting the insurer but the bank who recommended them as they just fobbed me off when I asked for assistance. I seek comfort in the fact that both originations will loose more income from me moving forward than fixing the roof would have cost them. If I sold a product with no intent of honoring it I would be in jail.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2020

KymPerth, WA

If I could give 0 I would

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Barry C

Barry CPerth, WA

Watch out - It is not what you signed up for with QBE.

I took out LANDLORD insurance with QBE only to find out when I had a claim that they had only sold me house hold insurance to make it cheaper than the opposition. So I made them go back to the recording of the conversation when I took it out, and sure enough it was to be LANDLORD insurance so they requested for me to pay the difference before they looked at the claim. Then they did not pay for malicious damage, due to hidden clause "Optional Benefits"

Claim DateJuly 2018

Not happy

Have been with this company for 5 years now. But after the first claim, realised that everything was hard and im leaving this company. It all started with water damage to the house and after multiple calls to them, they ensure me i can delay the repair as long as possible since i got the source fixed. We delayed because of the new baby arrival. After a few months, got an email saying we need to claim it within 6 months. All the phone calls before this became invalid. All false information provided from phone service. At the end, they said on page 50 of the contract it mentioned that all claim need to be done within 6 months and they 'assume' im aware of this when I enquiry over the phone.

Discussed

Discussed

Never let me down

All incidents are not a claim ,even if you think or want them to be there has to be an appature opening due to storm damage not just that water penetrated during a storm (bad building is too common a reason) normally a burst pipe is not however resulting damage is ,wind damage for most part is ,theft, malicious damage etc is covered with police report .they are a big reputable company and your genuine claim is not bigger than their reputation.i and my family have been with them forever, always helpful. I will say outside assessors can be the problem ,them qualifying there existence ,ask for in house assessor if not happy i say the company is great but every thing is not a claim

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Georgie

GeorgieSouth East Queensland, QLD

change to underwriter policy regarding rewiring of home

Madz

MadzPerth, WA

They do not deserve even a single star!

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateJuly 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Madz, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you to get some more details and take a look into this.

Cranky Alice

Cranky AliceHunter Region, NSW

Disgusting, be warned

My mother holds home insurance with QBE. She died recently and we are in the process of selling her property. In the interim I dont want the insurance to go into arrears as she paid monthly. I contacted QBE to attempt to make payments to prevent this. They initially refused to assist until I demanded to speak to a supervisor. She was little more help. Long story short, I have now complained to The Ombbudsman. This shouldn’t be so hard, people die every day. I’m not trying to steal from them, I want to GIVE them money. DO NOT insure with them. The amount of poor reviews tells the story.

Krystal

KrystalSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disgusting insurance company

• +1
Claim DateJuly 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Krystal, we're sorry to hear about the experience your grandparents have had. We will PM you for some more details and take a look into it

DO NOT USE THIS INSURER

I would not use this insurer, I had my block of apartments with them and a Tenant damaged one apartment. They said the apartment previously had a leak and then wouldn't cover any damage. Even with clear before and after reports.

Property TypeOther

LS1Melbourne

PATHETIC AND BEWARE

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
QBEQBE

Hi LS1, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some details and look into this ~BLS

Jacqui

JacquiPerth, WA

Shocking Customer Servive

Having been a customer for more than 10 years I expected more from QBE. I recently moved house and changed my insurance provider as QBE were unable to meet my needs. I had paid up front for a full year and was due a refund for 8 months worth of premium I was told that this would be refunded onto my credit card. After 2 weeks I called to ask were my refund was and was told that it had not been processed properly and would now be sorted and go onto my credit card. 1 month later and still no refund! After threatening to give bad feedback I was called today to be told it had been sent out as a cheque to my old address!!! The incompetence and lack of communication is so unprofessional. Choose another insurance company.

Vince

Vince

Poor Service

I took out ANZ home and contents insurance after glowing reviews from "Choice". This company uses a Philippines call centre who then refer you to a centralised contractor in another state who then gets a local in your state to quote on the repair. The process is far too long requiring the customer to keep following up. In the end I gave up and just obtained a pay out to go and arrange a repairer myself. ANZ is just and agent for QBE insurance and on the basis of my poor experience I recommend you look elsewhere.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Vince, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some more details ~BLS

Stephen

StephenSydney, NSW

QBE Insurance dragging the chain on our claim

Claim DateNovember 2018

QBE INSURANCE IS UNREASONABLE

QBEQBE

Hi Chris, we're sorry to hear about this. Have you referred this to our complaints department for review? https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints ~BLS

Chris
Chris

Thanks for your quick response. Please let me know which email I should lodge my complain. info@afca.org.au ? complaints@qbe.com?

See all QBE Home and Contents Insurance reviews