QBE Home and Contents Insurance

QBE Home and Contents Insurance (page 2 of 11)

1.3

Madz

MadzPerth, WA

They do not deserve even a single star!

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateJuly 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Madz, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you to get some more details and take a look into this.

Cranky Alice

Cranky AliceHunter Region, NSW

Disgusting, be warned

My mother holds home insurance with QBE. She died recently and we are in the process of selling her property. In the interim I dont want the insurance to go into arrears as she paid monthly. I contacted QBE to attempt to make payments to prevent this. They initially refused to assist until I demanded to speak to a supervisor. She was little more help. Long story short, I have now complained to The Ombbudsman. This shouldn’t be so hard, people die every day. I’m not trying to steal from them, I want to GIVE them money. DO NOT insure with them. The amount of poor reviews tells the story.

Krystal

KrystalSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disgusting insurance company

• +1
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateJuly 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Krystal, we're sorry to hear about the experience your grandparents have had. We will PM you for some more details and take a look into it

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how QBE Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Tan

TanPerth, WA

They don’t deserve a star

I have been with them for 8 years. Never claimed on anything until recently where paint got on the floorboards - quote given for the whole house 2900. Did not get 1 cent. They are a disgusting business with awful customer service!! What a waist of money !!!

QBEQBE

Hi Tan, we're sorry to hear about this experience. If you're unhappy with the outcome of your claim, you can refer it to our Customer Care team here - https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints

DO NOT USE THIS INSURER

I would not use this insurer, I had my block of apartments with them and a Tenant damaged one apartment. They said the apartment previously had a leak and then wouldn't cover any damage. Even with clear before and after reports.

Property TypeOther
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage

Contents Insurance nightmare

I just need to make a simple claim. I am still on the phone waiting to speak to someone it has currently been over 1hour and 17 minutes on hold.

Coverage TypeContents Only

LS1Melbourne

PATHETIC AND BEWARE

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
QBEQBE

Hi LS1, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some details and look into this ~BLS

Jacqui

JacquiPerth, WA

Shocking Customer Servive

Having been a customer for more than 10 years I expected more from QBE. I recently moved house and changed my insurance provider as QBE were unable to meet my needs. I had paid up front for a full year and was due a refund for 8 months worth of premium I was told that this would be refunded onto my credit card. After 2 weeks I called to ask were my refund was and was told that it had not been processed properly and would now be sorted and go onto my credit card. 1 month later and still no refund! After threatening to give bad feedback I was called today to be told it had been sent out as a cheque to my old address!!! The incompetence and lack of communication is so unprofessional. Choose another insurance company.

Didn’t really like it

not really reliable as I have to call them three times for my policy, wanted to cancel my policy charged me $30 for admin fees. Not happy and didn’t find as they even care about the customers.

Vince

Vince

Poor Service

I took out ANZ home and contents insurance after glowing reviews from "Choice". This company uses a Philippines call centre who then refer you to a centralised contractor in another state who then gets a local in your state to quote on the repair. The process is far too long requiring the customer to keep following up. In the end I gave up and just obtained a pay out to go and arrange a repairer myself. ANZ is just and agent for QBE insurance and on the basis of my poor experience I recommend you look elsewhere.

Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateJanuary 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Vince, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some more details ~BLS

Stephen

StephenSydney, NSW

QBE Insurance dragging the chain on our claim

Claim DateNovember 2018

QBE INSURANCE IS UNREASONABLE

QBEQBE

Hi Chris, we're sorry to hear about this. Have you referred this to our complaints department for review? https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints ~BLS

Chris
Chris

Thanks for your quick response. Please let me know which email I should lodge my complain. info@afca.org.au ? complaints@qbe.com?

Adam

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Adam, we're sorry to hear about this. You can refer this to our complaints department for review https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints ~BLS

lying halfwits

take your money and then when u claim they send loss adjusters and assessors that dont know anything about your car or how to access anything but diddly squat see you in court QBE this is one company you will loose against never ever again will i trust you ripoffs who dont listen or care about anything but filling your own pockets 2 in pendant trades people disagree with your out comes strongly absolute ripoff NEVER AGAIN

QBEQBE

Hi Lindsay, thank you for your review. You can refer this to our Customer Care team on https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints ~BLS

John D

John D

Not a sudden water leak

QBEQBE

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We note that you have been through the process with FOS, but we will be sure to pass this feedback on ~BLS

AJ

AJ

5 Stars

We have QBE through our ANZ home insurance agreement. We had an expensive CCTV security system ruined in a storm. Approval was a bit slow, but QBE covered the entire cost, minus the excess. Very pleased.

QBEQBE

Hi AJ, thank you for letting us know about your experience, we're glad we were able to sort it out for you ~BLS

Leah Hook

Leah Hook

Car accident

I have just had this insurance company for 5 months when i bought the car of my dreams - I have to ring them everyday with answers of "we don't know"" It wasn't my fault but they keep insisting I have to pay the excess even though the other party have admitted fault - I am taking it to the ombudsman as this is not good enough!!

QBEQBE

Hi Leah, we're sorry to hear about this. We will reply to your PM and try and sort this out ~BLS

Insured one year with no claim. 54% Premium increase

I carried homeowners insurance with QBE. Got a good rate from them so I switched from AAA. I had no claims over that year. Got the renewal statement and my premiums went up over $1500! 54% higher than the year before with no claims! I called to find out what happened and they said they would review and get back to me. Heard nothing from them except another statement for same amount. Nope. I switched again. They'll attract you with a good rate then jerk the rug out from under you.

Insurance claim madeNo
QBEQBE

Hi Darrell, we're sorry to hear about this. From your mention of AAA this appears to be a QBE North America policy. While this page is for QBE Australia, we will PM you for some details and pass this back to them ~BLS

I N

I NSydney, NSW

The Worst Home Insurance Company in the World!

QBEQBE

Hi I N, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details ~BLS

Martin

MartinRockinham

QBE House and contents.

QBE top marks for the worst insurance if you want your worst night mare go with QBE they are terrible
we at to get the ministry of fair trading involved to get it sough ted out they will just turn any thing down.
The Lady claims officer she was the head clown for QBE do your self a favor and go with another insurance unless you like a lot of pain and suffering you will end up with a nervous breakdown QBE they are a joke and if you like talking a call centre in Manila it will take for ever to get Done QBE they are a complete joke.
and the joke will be on you.

QbeQBE

Hi Martin, sorry to hear that. We've sent you a private message where you can provide your contact details and claim number. ~SS

See all QBE Home and Contents Insurance reviews