QBE Home and Contents Insurance

QBE Home and Contents Insurance (page 4 of 11)

1.3

Ben

Ben

Unacceptable QBE

The team at Qbe and their assessors have a lot to answer for . A straight forward claim of goods destroyed as a result of them being left outside in rain for 48 hours is classed as partially destroyed . The assessor has no real experience with electronic goods yet he has the authority and supposed knowledge to not fully authorize the claim. My business insurance and marine insurance will be terminated at the end of the policy.

QBEQBE

Hi Ben, we're sorry to hear about your experience. If you're unhappy with the assessment of the claim, you can contact us at complaints@qbe.com ~BLS

Elias

Elias

Worst insurance ever

Had a claim made late November 2017 my wife calls and emails the assessor on a daily basis as he said he'd call 7 days ago since everything has been done and we get avoided, have called several times to QBE and they give the fake excuse that they haven't received all the docs which is crap because the assessor told us it was all done 7 days ago, today being 1.2.18.
Joke of a company! Take your business else where, I'd rather pay more and get decent service.
Over 2 months now with an un tenanted investment!

QBEQBE

Hi Elias, sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and take a look into this ~BLS

Worst insurance provider ever, never buy from QBE!!!!!!

QBEQBE

Hi Jeffrey, sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and look into it ~BLS

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how QBE Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Terrible terrible terrible

I would like to make a claim for a broken window but been on hold for over an hour how!!!! Worse customer service I have even had. I don't trust their online system as used it a few months ago and they say they never received my claim. Will be changing after this claim not worth the hassle.

QBEQBE

Hi Shareenah, did you manage to lodge your claim? If not, reply to our PM and we can assist ~BLS

Rebecca Lou

Rebecca LouSydney

DO NOT RECOMMEND! No customer service - offshore poor English

QBEQBE

Hi Rebecca, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you to get some details and look into this ~BLS

Ross W

Ross WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute joke - QBE are an example of why insurance companies have such a dismal reputation.

I lodged a claim with them for a broken window which was going to cost me $500 in excess and QBE less than $400 and they did everything they could to weasel out of paying it - to the point that I told them don't bother, my policy is almost due so I'll find a different insurer. I'd hate to try to deal with them if my house burnt down or something! I wonder how many million their CEO gets paid yet they penny pinch on a tiny claim like mine... oh well, bye, bye QBE.

QBEQBE

Hi Ross, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we will pass this on to the claims team ~BLS

Aussie

Aussie

Cancelled Policy No Explanation

QbeQBE

Hi there, sorry to hear this. We would like to look into the matter. We have sent you a private message where you can provide your best contact details and policy details. ~SS

Angel008

Angel008Abermain

Good price and good customer service

I telephoned QBE to get a quote for my home and contents insurance. The price was $900 cheaper than one of the leading insurance companies in NSW who I am currently insured with, and has more benefits. The lady I spoke to was very pleasant, knew her products and had a quote emailed to me within 10 minutes of ending the call. I do have another policy with them as well and have always founds them to be very helpful and easy to deal with. I have never needed to make an insurance claim with QBE so I can’t comment on that process.

QBEQBE

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! ~BLS

Shameful Shameful Shameful

Cancel your policy immediately! Worst service I’ve ever ever had!!!! Lodged a claim after a Direct hit with Lightning over a month ago and has gone nowhere!!!!! never been called, Ive had chase up time after time with little or no help whatsoever!!
Lousy customer service, filled with useless information from some offshore call centre!!!!
Nothing but Shameful after been with ANZ insurance for many years
Avoid this Insurance company at all cost !! Absolute con!!!!

Bad Experience

Useless

After six months of waiting, various emails and telephone calls, different claims people, surprise/surprise they refuse claim agreeing only to do half a kitchen as policy does not agree to match cupboards!!! Really what is the point of having insurance for water damage.

SAM

SAMCairns

Find another insurance company

Rang re landlord insurance. Seemed to get an overseas call centre. After several days and more phone calls and company based 2000 klms was awarded the contract to "assess" the job! Three weeks later still no word. More phone calls. Finally had the claim rejected(surprise! surprise!) as the damage was deemed to have occurred over a period of 6 months and wasn't a "one off event"-which would have been covered. 10 years paying premiums with this company but soon as the renewal is due I will be changing insurance companies.

Insurance claim madeYes

What A Waste Of Time And Money!!!

Possibly the worst customer support service I have ever encountered, it took over a month to let me know if I had a claim approved or not. Mainly to a language barrier I encountered with the support team. I asked for an Australian representative and all I got was the immediate supervisor over and over again, 15 years of paying premiums in Australian dollars to an insurance company with an Australian bank only to be treated like this. Never again... I fully recommend you do not consider this insurance company.

QBEQBE

Hello, we're sorry to hear about the experience you had with your claim and will pass this feedback on ~BLS

Lynne S

Lynne SAU

problems - claim, giving me the run-around and zero result

I know your story - I had travel insurance with QBE & as a result of a similar run-around with no results have decided to cancel my home & contents insurance that I have with them & find a company that is more reliable - that's how I have arrived here - checking reviews before I choose my new company

QBEQBE

Hi Lynne, we're sorry to hear about your experience. If there is anything we can look into for you, you can PM us via our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/QBEInsuranceAustralia/.

BALPerth, WA

Home insurance

I have many defects in my house because of building faults but major one is over 2 mm cracks all over the floor, contacted qbe to check the problem.
Every time they send an inspector to inspect says it’s very serious needs to get fixed but when go back send me email that they can’t fix that.
I have been chasing them for last 8-9 months to get it fixed.
I am so over that.
Will never buy and recommend anyone to take qbe insurances.

QbeQBE

Hi BAL, sorry to hear about the delays in this claim. We have sent you a private message where you can provide your claim number and contact number so we can look into this. ~SS

BAL

Qbe sent me a message about fixing the problem on the wall to make me and everyone else seeing this post to show that they want to help
But never heard back from anyone afterwards
Thanks again for ripping me off

Home and Contents Insurance

The QBE Insurance cover is fine but one you have a valid claim, the customer support service is terr

QbeQBE

Hi Wasana, sorry to hear of your experience so far. We would like to look into this. We have sent you a private message where you can provide your details. ~SS

Janine

JanineLindfield nsw

Why am I still waiting

The water pipe under the vanity unit burst on 17th July 2017 it is now 31st August and I am still waiting for a trades person to come out and replace the vanity. The first tradesmen never showed up on 4 separate occasions. Maincom Services then arranged for another tradesmen, now this tradesmen hasn't shown up on 2 occasions. The claim was approved and I paid the excess on 11th August. You have my money but I still don't have my vanity replaced.

A KBallarat

Does not even deserve 1 star! Offshore call center is horribly annoying.

A K

Update: QBE Just contacted me and they are going to conduct another inspection by the builder.

PrinceHouston

Horrible service in my time of need!

I've paid my premiums faithfully for almost 10 years, but after Hurricane Harvey when I filed a covered claim (not flood damage) I have been met with nothing but run-around and down right ignoring me! Do not use QBE!

QBEQBE

Hi Prince, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We can have our North America team look into this. We will send you a PM for some details ~BLS

Pensioner

PensionerPerth

QBE lost a good customer

Defense Service Homes, been with them for years just to stay loyal, even tho no loans with them now. Never claimed on contents. Had flooring laid, and moved polished table and wall unit outside, covered up under verandah. Table had a heavy curtain plus a waterproof tarp over...Next day the polish had what is called 'blooming' due to condensation mixing with polish. Tiny print exclusion, fungus, mildew. We are pensioners and look after our things, yet I asked if I'd left a candle burning on the table and it caught fire would it be covered ??? Yes because it was fire. It took over 4 weeks to get someone to come and assess the damage.

QBEQBE

Hi Pensioner, we're sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to make a complaint about the decision made on the claim, you can send it to complaints@qbe.com ~BLS

See all QBE Home and Contents Insurance reviews