QBE Motorcycle Insurance

QBE Motorcycle Insurance (page 2 of 3)

mattoact

Call centre availability is terrible

Rudy

Rudysydney

claim

First off all waiting time on phone is 45 min on an average which is ridiculous. I had an accident a month ago, not at fault as declared my the police. Bike is a ride off and now all I am asking is a settlement which I believe would take another 40 month as the calling time. Each time I call, the representative tells someone will call you anyways who is that someone. Can you please tell, how long would it take. Don't keep people hanging, my world doesn't only revolve around calling you guys and waiting.

QbeQBE

Hi Rudy, we've responded to your private message and have had a specialist contact you. If we can assist again, please let us know. ~SS

Poor

Have waited 3 weeks so far for nothing to be done about recovered stolen bike. They informed us it is normal for a claim to take up to 7-8 weeks. Admin input reference number incorrectly caused more delays. Wait 40mins plus for Service by phone to be then put on hold. A stressful situation has now added frustration.

Warning to all riders!

Ben S.QBE

Hi Shannon, sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some details and take a look into this ~BLS

Shannon

Still waiting to receive possession of the motorcycle.

Over 3 hours on the phone waiting...

Called to make a claim today on multiple occasions, time on hold varied from 20 min to 1hr 40 in and on the 3rd time I got through... considering you can only call for motorcycles claims, they need to put more people on the phones to actually provide a service. Funny thing is I then called the sales line for a new policy and it was almost instant. ..

Ben S.QBE

Hi Darryn, sorry to hear about this. We will pass this feedback on to the team ~BLS

It is worse to deal with QBE than it was having my accident!

QbeQBE

Hi Casey, sorry to hear about your experience. We have sent you a private message where you can provide your details so we can look into this. ~SS

Daniel

DanielCairns

No claims department, No customer service

Tried on multiple days and times to get through and after 30 mins on hold you go through customer service which take your details for a call back that never happens.

I was in a not at fault accident and they did not do anything to assist or make the matter easy.

Their assessor/tow truck wanted me to come to his location as coming to my address was 'too hard'.
Without a bike for two months and offer no replacement vehicle.
Did not do delivery, $70 cab ride to go to pick up bike.

Do not settle for a company only interested in your $$$

Ben S.QBE

Hi Daniel, sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and take a look into this ~BLS

Tyrell

Tyrell

Slack

Had an accident a month ago, made a claim, bike was assessed to be a write off. Had to call the claims department multiple times, each time was told to leave my details and someone would get back to me the next day which never happened. Finally got a hold of someone and they said they still needed paperwork which I then gave them. Said it could still take up to a month. I need to use my bike everyday to get to work and travel expenses are building up.

Ben S.QBE

Hi Tyrell, sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and look into this ~BLS

Pathetic and Too Hard to Deal With

Ben S.QBE

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and look into this ~BLS

Atticus Fetch

Waste of time lodging complaint as 4 months on and all that has occurred is a talk fest(apparently one of the people has left) and nothing else seems to have transpired.

I will have another insurer by the end of the week

Getting screwed around

I had a motorcycle accident two months ago, and although my PDS said i could receive some funds for emergency repairs so my vehicle could be ridden until it was inspected, they did not get back to me for ONE MONTH. Now that the vehicle has been inspected and declared a write-off, I am supposed to be sending in documents after contacting QBE, however upon contacting my name apparently gets put on a list and nobody gets back to me. It's been three weeks.

Basically, if you are okay with taking a year to sort out an insurance claim, QBE is for you! if you want decent service, I would strongly recommend RAC whom I know people made car insurance claims with, and they have incredible service.

Ben S.QBE

Hi Kalem, sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and look into this for you ~BLS

Claims Department, what Claims Department

Ben S.QBE

Hi Jon, we're sorry to hear about your experience. Online claims for Motorcycle is now available through the claims form, if you need to lodge. We will also reply to your PM ~BLS

Jon S
Jon S

Did you actually read the review? I tried the online claim form and it does not apply to policies starting with an X.

Ben S.QBE

This functionality has only become available within the last week ~BLS

nizwe

nizweSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent and Useless: I can't even make a claim

I have called dozens of times and have been directed to a call center where I am asked to leave my details so I can be called back to make the claim. It has been more than one month now and zero calls. The party that is at fault has already had their insurer (RACQ) call me. I will be looking to get back months on insurance payments from QBE as my insurance with them is doing nothing clearly. I mean, I cant even make the claim for a start.

QbeQBE

Hi Nizwe, please private message us your best contact details and policy number. We also have recently introduced online claiming for our motorcycle customers. Please visit: https://www.qbe.com.au/personal/claim/online. ~SS

slow response if at all...

I have been trying to contact claims for 2 weeks now. Each call gets routed to customer service team who dutifuly take my name and policy number and promise me a claims officer will call me back because of their sever work load. Have called 4 times over 14 days and still no response.
it is hardly helping my situation. I bought the platinum coverage for better service and cover which wouldnt do much good if i was stranded somewhere and needing to use some of the extended coverage. I pay on time every month. I receive nothing in return and when I need it, it's dismally below expectation.

Ben S.QBE

Hi EdH, sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and take a look into this ~BLS

EdH
EdH

thanks for your quick response and link to your new online claim lodgement process.

Glad we could help Ed! ~BLS

Worst insurance DON'T use

QbeQBE

Hi Timothy, sorry to hear about your experience. We have sent you a private message where you can provide more details so we can look into this. ~SS

Gary

GarySydney

Reporting an accident

Ben S.QBE

Hi Gary, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and look into this ~BLS

Bad experience turn to Good Experience

The team has been really helpful after communication breakdown. Very happy with the resolution.
Yes, they are working with the small team, however small doesn't mean bad.

Jeff A

Jeff A

Terrible

Had a small accident (wet tram tracks and high sided the bike). Bike was sent to their approved repairer - Turnone motorcycles in Flemington. Their repairer then tried to get me to pay for other "repairs" as my bike was faulty. Had been working perfectly before the accident. Contacted QBE and told them the story, they wanted me to go back to Turnone - I said given the problems I'd had with Turnone currently and previously, I wanted the bike taken elsewhere. QBE wouldn't listen and this caused long delays with numerous other problems later.

Ben S.QBE

Hi Jeff, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will send you a PM for some details and look into this ~BLS

Don't expect the to care about your claim

QbeQBE

Hi Alex, sorry to hear about your experience. We will send you a private message where you can provide your claim number and contact details and we can look into this.

Doberman

DobermanNorth Narrabeen

Beware of Cancellation Rip off

Apparently we have to keep track off their cooling period with the bank, etc. otherwise you pay $30 cancellation fee. I just can't believe these people still can do business in 2017. Giving me the excuse that they mention this in PDS.

Perfect customer orientation so I must pay, I must keep track off your cooling period and I must read each of your PDS. I am sure you also expect people to fix their motorcycles after a crash as well.

I can understand $5 or so but $30? I guess they send their employees to the bank via taxi to fix deposit issues. Unbelievable!!!

Very happy

Initially I was disappointed with the lack of communication, but at the end of the day QBE did a good job. Pretty fast settlement, so I would use them again.

Ben S.QBE

Hi Gary, we're glad to hear you got your claim settled. Thanks for choosing QBE ~BLS

paul

paulasked

QBE has 40 reviews, but THIRTY are negative! 1.8 out of 5 stars is terrible. What have you done, if anything to resolve these complaints? How many extra staff have you employed this year to reduce the sometimes massive wait?

Rob

Robasked

What is happening with QBE... had an accident 5 April... now the 20th... customer service is a joke... constant calls sent to overseas... and they have no clue.. will get some to call you back... my goodness 15 days to call me back... disgusting..... what can I do.... please help...

Ben S.QBE

Hi Rob, sorry to hear you're having issues. Please email us at socialmedia@qbe.com with your claim, contact number and full name and we can escalate this ~BLS

Lawrie
Lawrie

Hello all.
I've just spent about an hour reading through all of the above reviews and am really concerned that I did take out a QBE Motorcycle Insurance Policy earlier this year
I am a Ulysses member and understand that QBE is a sponsor of the Club.
I asked someone in admin at the Club who informed me that the Club hadn't heard of any adverse reports about QBE so I felt comfortable insuring with them as they support/sponsor the Club.
Now, having read all of the above I'm not sure I've made the right choice.
I've no idea how many policies QBE Motorcycle Insurance writes nor how many claims they handle - it is my understanding now that they have a staff of five? - yes five?
I thought QBE was an enormous company - but five staff handling motorcycle insurance?
Perhaps that's why claims take so long to get sorted?
Or is QBE MotorCycle Insurance a small franchised operation?
And if so - who stands behind claims if they need to be made?
To me this is worrying and should concern anyone considering insuring a motorcycle.
Lawrie Mitchell
Mob: 0402389501
PS And who is BLS? (sounds like something unpleasant)

Brian C

Brian Casked

Will QBE cover my motorcycle for fire damage?

QbeQBE

Hi Brian, this depends on the type of policy you have and the type of bike you drive. Our Comprehensive Cover and our Legal Liability, Fire and Theft cover includes cover for damage caused by fire. For more information visit: https://www.qbe.com.au/motorcycle-insurance and refer to the product disclosure statement.

Get an answer from our members and QBE representatives

CategoryMotorcycle & Bicycle Insurance