QBE Travel Insurance

QBE Travel Insurance

Peter A

Peter AVictoria

Do not use QBE

Had to Cancel due to the death of our son. QBE have asked us to get a Doctors Certificate stating why we were no longer willing to travel ,they are stalling to pay us when we paid over $1000.00 for this cover and we also went out of our way to save QBE costs by calling or emailing to cancel other Accomodation , Flights etc. We will never click on the QBE insurance box when we book future flights. We are embarrassed for this company that chooses to operate in this manner.

Type of ClaimPersonal Liability
Claim DateJune 2019

Disappointed

Ben S.QBE

Hi Dan, we're sorry to hear about this experience. If you're unhappy on the outcome of the claim, you can escalate it to our complaints team complaints@qbe.com and they can review.

Ken

KenAdelaide

Do NOT use QBE for travel insurance - You are unlikely to make a successful claim

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateDecember 2018
Ben S.QBE

Hi Ken, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM for some more details and have a look into it ~Ben

Chubbeh

ChubbehSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does not cover theft of cash

Received this policy as part of ANZ credit card travel insurance. Have used Westpac previously (with Allianz) and claimed without issue. Was robbed while overseas, filled out the police report and submitted the claim. Not covered.

Allianz covers up to A$300 for theft of cash. Would not use QBE ever again.

EDIT: ANZ now uses Allianz for complimentary travel insurance as of April 2018. Unfortunately, I had bought the tickets before then so was still using this rubbish policy from QBE.

DestinationEurope

RIP OFF

RIP OFFQueensland

Don't take out travel insurance with QBE

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationAustralia
Claim DateApril 2019

Gitil A.

Gitil A.Sydney, NSW

Worst travel insurance ever!

We had a comprehensive travel insurance for our Fiji trip with QBE, got pregnant, doctor strongly advised to avoid travel in first 3 months due to high risk and provided a certificate as well. QBE rejected the claim on the grounds that they wouldn’t cover for a “potential risk”. I honestly have no words!!!!!

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2019

Jamie

JamieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Won't provide cover for Epilepsy, even when conditions meet that outlined in the PDS

PDS states person must EITHER be seizure free 12 months or condition being managed by no more than 1 medication. Yet when you apply for insurance they deny cover anyway.

Insurance Cover For:Teenager
DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeNo
Ben S.QBE

Hi Jamie, thanks for your review. You can escalate this to our complaints team on complaints@qbe.com for review ~BLS

Kstar

KstarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely Poor. 1yr+ Still Waiting. Multiple Claims Assessors. Constantly Ignored. Appalling Service.

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Ben S.QBE

Hi Kstar, we're sorry to hear about this. We will PM you for some details and look into it ~BLS

Amanda

Amanda

HORRIFIED

This company who I have never heard of have deducted ff points from my account for insurance I did not ask for- how did they access my account?? The certificate says it was sold to me over the phone today. I have had no conversation with any insurance company today or any other day. I’m horrified

Claim MadeNo

Dodgy quotes

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Lele

LeleSydney, NSW

Go elsewhere

Paid and renewed policy for 3 years and then they say I am not eligible as I joined up as a family and friend of Qantas, but now they are saying I am not eligible for my 1st claim after 3 years and there's still 10 months owing on my policy and they won't even refund that

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Excellent service, claim paid out timely

This is my first experience using QBE, and I cannot be more happy with the outcome with anyone else. Family experienced health difficulties while overseas and after coming back and lodging claim with full documentation, the claim was paid out timely and accurately. Kudos to the team for such excellent support.

Ben S.QBE

Thanks for the wonderful review, we're pleased we could get you home safe ~BLS

Wabbit

WabbitGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I gave my money to someone else

Purchased travel insurance about 2 weeks ago and just this week my kid got sick. We can still travel, but require some monitoring while overseas. Called them up to see what impact the diagnosis had on our travel cover. It took 3 transfers in their call centre before I had someone actually explaining to me that I would no longer have an "unlimited" medical cover. I was prepared to pay extra, but they just told me that I can't purchase an additional cover for the new illness. Since the policy was still in the cooling off period, I cancelled it. A policy, where I declared the illness as pre-existing condition, has costs me 93$ extra with someone else. So if QBE don't want my money, I give it to someone else, simple.

Insurance claim madeNo
Ben S.QBE

Hi Wabbit, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We have passed this back to the travel team for feedback. ~BLS

Make calling them a FULL TIME JOB - Waiting 1hr+ every time - WHAT A JOKE - TIP go to sales and ask

if this is the company you travel with uses QBE - think again if you hope to use it.

I've wasted at least 1 full working day trying to get through (multiple times and having to hang up for work/dinner/going to bed)!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad got diagnosed with cancer and couldn't travel - 6 months later we're still trying to get an answer after submitting all the requirements we sent through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll NEVER use QBE again for ANYTHING - RAC all the way! never had a problem - phone call answered within minutes!

Ben S.QBE

Hi Eski, we're sorry to hear about this. We will PM you for some details to look into it ~BLS

Eski
Eski
Ben S.QBE

Hi Eski, thank you, we will pass this feedback on. If you'd still like us to look into anything specifically, please reply to the private message we have sent ~BLS

I would give them below zero if I could

They accepted my claim of $308, they deducted $300 access fee, I got $8 in my hand, what a joke company, better not to have an insurance at all.

Ben S.QBE

Hi Adam, if you're unhappy with the assessment of the claim, you can refer this to our complaints team - https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints ~BLS

PeterTauranga

Just a scam

I booked a ticket through Qantas website and a pop up box appeared do you want Travel Insurance for $15. Thought that was reasonable and brought cover in good faith as I have had delays with Qantas and missed connecting flights with other airlines before. Got delayed in Melbourne for 6 hours due to engineering issues. Finally took off and missed my connecting flight. Thought that’s OK, I have insurance. No, I was wrong. Only covered for flight cancellation, not flight delay. Put in a claim for $123 and got rejected. No one can tell me the time period when a delay constitutes a cancellation. Totally dosappointed with Qantas and QBE!

Ben S.QBE

Hi Peter, thank you for your review. If you're unhappy with the assessment of your claim, you can refer this to our complaints department - https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints ~BLS

Peter

Its a pity that QBE want me to spend my time arguing over $123. The 6 hr flight delay was beyond my control. I was willing to part with my money but QBE isn’t. Pathetic

Andrew O

Andrew OGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Insulting

KAREN

KARENSYDNEY

don'ttouch this company

used once and never again. Got caught up in a hurricane event in the states. Everyone told to divert travel 48 hours prior on all TV stations and news, so i contact QBE to ask if they would cover a rail ticket to Chicago $200 instead me flying to North Carolina and having a bigger claim & getting stuck in a major storm event. They would not help or commit and did not assist. So Storm hit and as expected all airports closed. I train ticket & lost my already bought air ticket & accommodation and on return to sydney...QBE wanted newspaper proof of " storm" & it took 2 months of constant hassling to get them to pay the claim. Total nightmare travel insurance.

krisVictoria, 3931

lies lies lies and more lies , oh [name removed] how many lies can you and QBE come up with

DonnaJ

DonnaJ

Very disappointing service

Ben S.QBE

Hi Donna, if you're unhappy with the assessment of your claim, you can escalate this to complaints@qbe.com ~BLS

Jillasked

I paid $48 through amex/qantas and didn't travel . Qantas/amex refunded me but not the travelling. can you advise if I can get/

Ben S.QBE

Hi Jill, you can speak with our travel team on 133 723 to discuss the specifics of your claim~BLS

Jill

Can I transfer this insurance to tomorrows travelling for 6 days?

Laudie Wasked

I got given some money recently from a claim but it's short of what it should be and there was absolutely no reference to it or the calculations. The only thing it said upon payment was "as per letter issued 29th Jan" which has NOT been issued as I have received absolutely nothing but via email or post. I have emailed straight back when this claim payment notification came through on the 31st and I have heard nothing at all so I am getting quite frustrated and angry now. I am glad for the payment, don't get me wrong (as it had been a long time of waiting over 7wks) but not when it's been calculated wrong and shortchanged without reference to me to clarify. It's a minimum of $70-80 short, if not more (depending on if an excess is charged and how much that is). This is bull, and I need someone to contact ME asap.

QbeQBE

Hi Laudie, we can look into this, if you can please private message your claim number alternatively call us on 133 723

Laudie W

I don't know how to private message you. I have emailed and recently got another letter sent which again is only the front page confirming the amount t paid, referring to "the next page" for a breakdown but there was only one page sent. So now I replied again only yesterday and now have been told I have to wait yet another 10 days for a responce! Not good enough. Travel claim 619469

Judith K

Judith Kasked

I have paid for UK trip on my ANZ Visa. This entitles us to free travel insurance with QBE. Is this safe???

Ben S.QBE

Hi Judith, providing you have met the eligibility criteria for complimentary travel insurance, then you are covered per the PDS that can be found here - https://www.anz.com.au/personal/credit-cards/using/premium-insurance/ Enjoy your trip! ~BLS

Janelle
Janelle

Only if you have time, patience and are happy to wait months for the resolution of any claim you may make.

Get an answer from our members and QBE representatives

CategoryTravel Insurance