3.6

67% · 221107 · 32%

gpr
gprvincentia

same as the rest

Just very aware with these people. our rates have over doubled and they have not notified us of the price increase this has happen not once but twice. am changing providers today. make sure they have to contact you in person by phone to change your rates.

Angela
Angela2 posts

Cheating! Price doubled!

The rate went up by more than 50% without telling customers the exact new rate. I was shocked when receiving the new bill. Transfer to another company. Never go back! ! !

HATESQENERGY
HATESQENERGY

Beware - contract rolled over & doubled our rates

Do not sign up with Q ENERGY. Since this company moved off shore it delves in criminal activity!! I don't use those words lightly however we missed their sneaky contract roll over email which came under a different email address to the one the invoices are submitted on and we didn't know until the next bill came through that we had been stung with doubled rates. Try someone else but stay clear of this lot.

Soul Gelatin
Soul GelatinMelbourne5 posts

Price more than doubled! This is unashamed scam

Ok by the other comments this is just policy with QEnergy. One year it was 17.8c/kWh then at the end of contract it went up to over 40c/kWh. I'm not sure if that can be legal. Yes, they send an email with the new rates in an attachment. You'll miss that if it goes in your spam folder though or you don't read the fine print. But you'll notice it when your bill for the month is more than double what you expected though.

Chris
ChrisMulgrave2 posts

They suck you in with a good rate and then double on renewal!!

I had a great rate with them, until all of a sudden without notice I get a bill that’s DOUBLED. I called immediately and the response I got was, your contract has been auto renewed due to no response!! I received NO SUCH EMAIL, I have received every bill, how come only this one went missing?? I have never defaulted and also been with this company for a very long time. They lose good customers due to greediness. I have moved my business account as well. Never again. I’m back with Momentum, great rates..

Will
WillSydney2 posts

Bait & Switch

Bait & Switch. Spent one year @ 16c per KW - which was best offer in my area (NSW 2758) - then email renewal sent to me with no notation to suggest other than I should re-new and everything would continue as normal ....BUT .....when you look at the tariff it has INCREASED by over 100% 16c to 35c per KWh. Dishonest and bordering on criminal in my opinion.

Roger
RogerMelbourne2 posts

Unconscionable conduct

Got a letter from Qenergy saying that there was going to be a increase in my electricity rate. Nowhere in the letter does it say what the new rate will be! It simply says that the increase will be reflected on your next bill. Then 3 months later when the bill arrived my kwh rate and daily rate increased by 53% and well above competitors. This company is unconscionable. They knew that the increase was significant but deliberately withheld material information to enable customers to make an informed decision.

Trusted
Trusted2 posts

Great Customer Support

Just transferred to QEnergy for electricity. Had some minor issues but quickly sorted by Dorie in Customer Service. Easy to contact by phone, calls promptly returned and issues sorted to my satisfaction.

Love the great competitive rates.

Rick J
Rick JSyd6 posts

Better rates so far

Changed over from EA to QEnergy, and have been saving around $250 a quarter, this has been a huge impact and I don't think we'll go back to the big energy companies.

Setup process was really quick and easy, although you cannot check your usage amount online and only once the quarter bill comes in.

Every year, look around and shop for a better price.

Barbara
Barbara

So far so good!

We only just changed over , so was a little concerned with all the negative reviews.

So far everything has been excellent. Everything has happened on time and as discussed.

There was one small hiccup with the first bill but they responded straight away to my query and it has been resolved. I was actually quite impressed that they even followed up to make sure I was kept informed of the resolution .

Great work that's how to keep customers happy....sometimes things do go wrong slightly but the measure of a good company is how well they resolve the issue.

kdmd
kdmd

Glenb
GlenbSydney

Illegalcopy
IllegalcopyDarling Downs, QLD5 posts

Thanks!

Excellent Service. Was explained in FULL.. The rules, and regulations regarding changeover from ergon as main supplier. Took a number of complaints to ergon before they rectified THEIR issues with changing over to Q_Energy. .. When I finally left Q_Energy due to Change of circumstance, there was NO issues at all. Very helpful, friendly customer service.

Will Recommend you.. And have done ..

Thanks Again guys

Show 2 replies

Ren
Ren2 posts

Colin
ColinMoe

Rip off rate jump

Nothing wrong with the supply but the price hike afterwards was unbelievable. Most companies will have a modest price rise from time to time, but 57.6% in one hit is unethical to say the least!

Jasmine
Jasmine

QEnergy

Just changed from Origin to QEnergy and so far I'm VERY happy with the service. Great customer service - phone answered instantly and all questions answered. Good discounts with no insisting I either direct debit or pay up front...

jeff
jeff

Easy switch to lower rate provider

A residential electricity user in Sydney, i had received my quarterly bill and reviewed it to other suppliers.

QEnergy had the lowest rate for electricity supply and the the daily charge. A telephone call fro a customer rep a who made my switching easy. A further query was answered next day.

So far i am very satisfied with QEnergy.

Nick
Nick2 posts

Great service, grea rates

Have had excellent service from QEnergy, and the rates still make me pinch myself, superb. Even with the recent increase in wholesale rates across all energy suppliers, my QEnergy rate actually went down for the first steps of my plan, and up by only I cent per kWh for my top step. Highly recommended.

Brendan
Brendan3 posts

Excellent service

I have spoken to QEnergy a few times since joining. Each time I have received courteous and helpful support, and never had a question unanswered. Rates are extremely competetive as well. Quite happy with them.

Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Promprt response

I sent an email to QEnergy service with a question.

I received a prompt and helpful reply and an ongoing conversation.

Toyworld Port Macquarie
Toyworld Port Macquarie2 posts

Disconnection service appalling

Q Energy are very eager to offer assistance to get you to sign up with them. Different story when you require and book in a disconnection with plenty of notice ( 3 Weeks) due to an end of lease. Be aware that they will bill you on the date but not do the disconnection until 20 days later and bill you with more chargers.

Edward
Edward4 posts

Illegal telemarketing practices

It's clear from other reviews that this company engages in very dubious business practices, which I experienced in an illegal telemarketing call from them. They refused to disclose, as required by law, how they had obtained the number, made false claims about speaking to someone at the company before, and pretended to be doing a "bill review of our electricity account". Only the business doesn't have one.

Muddy

Tas2 posts

Sue
SueAU2 posts

Pathetic

I receive a letter of demand stating that I have overdue amount of $284 invoice date September 2014. I dont know this company I don't even own this property during that time. Scam! QEnergy you should do your homework first before treating to sue someone for unpaid debt that they never had. This is pathetic.

Andrew Yoannidis
Andrew Yoannidis

worst in the energy company

This is the worst energy company. They bill you when they feel like billing you. I was on a monthly billing cycle. I rang 6-7 times to receive my bill with no bill sent or emailed till 4 months later. Then they disconnected my electricity and said it was my fault. Cost me hundreds of dollars, for a fault of their own. No sorry nothing.

Lillo Aiello
Lillo Aiello

Discounts not linked to settlement discount for payment on time is great!

Having read a number of the other reviews. I find the fact that you get the discount (even if you pay late) better than other providers that give the discount ONLY if you pay on time.

As a result, expect that you will get a call if you have not paid your bill. This is just good business practice. As I recall, at no time did they offer FREE ELECTRICITY.

Keith Nicholson
Keith NicholsonCaloundra2 posts

Bad business practice and charges

We have been with QEnergy 2 years. At the start they reneged on solar credits, policy was changed and my manager was not aware. Best they could offer was to not charge a termination fee if I wanted to leave. Very big of them. After that has numerous problems with them charging our account for the wrong amount. Then they increased their rates by 44%!!! last month. Now with the final bill we missed by 1 day, received a message outside of business hours and then a threat to send to a collection agency. Maybe if they would have read there notes they may have had better business practices in dealing with a leaving credit. Both of my sons work at Origin and AGL and will post this to our Facebook to be shared

Pete Jewell
Pete JewellAU

bloody rude when you are 4 days late paying your bill

I've been with q energy for almost 2years not a problem, BUT, I'm a small business and rely on cash flow to pay bills I am 4 days late paying my bill, I get a phone call from this rude person stating if I don't pay my bill he will personally ensure my electricity is cut off if I don't pay in 2 days, look at your staff q energy I'm a small guy $400 a quarter, lost me I'm going elsewhere even if I have to pay a little more to get the service I require, also they have moved to an indian call centre I think it used to be Australians you spoke to not indian not some rude £&&*((

MKJ
MKJsydney

worst ever

i used q energy for 3 months for business and residential didn't even meet the criteria they offered even got ripped off. only 10 days to pay the bill and a week later i get a call from q energy hassling to pay the bill. it is the worst electricity company ever. will never recommend to anyone.

QEnergy   DM

Hi MKJ, Thank you for your feedback. We apologise if we failed to meet your expectations. We would welcome the opportunity to review the issues with you and would encourage you to contact us on 1300 69 89 92.

-Your QEnergy Team

Chris332
Chris332Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC22 posts

Moved on and ripped off

Have been with Qenergy and I dont think they realize I still have an ongoing account which I'm tempted to cancel. Moved onto new supplier due to very unprofessional reminders being sent out when never been overdue or even due. Was sent a final bill with all sorts of charges not making sense, PLUS early termination when I'm out of contract!! have filed complain with Ombudsman.

James
JamesMelbourne

Fran
FranSydney, NSW2 posts

Easy to communicate with. Good prices

We have never had a drop out and whenever i have had any issues it's as easy as an email to fix it.

peter
peter

useless account management

Was with qenergy almost 12 months on direct debit , a few setup issues and hard to get them on the phone but 11 months of having our bill debited on time with no issues. Now we are being threatened with a collection agency as they can no longer find our direct debit details. After calling customer service the direct debit wasn't canceled by anyone its just gone. Overseas call center staff on the phone could not care less to sort the issue. Now stuck with 2 bills due. Got better deal elsewhere.

Andy
AndyVictoria3 posts

Great power company

Set up was very quick & hassle free

Haven't had any drop outs

I'm Very satisfied with Qenergy

Highly recommend

Zoki
Zoki

Great experience with qenergy

Great customer service have had no problems with my power no dropouts installation quick and easy and cheapest by far

Amy
Amy2 posts

Better than the rest

We got our usual electricity and the signing up didn't take long to go through the paper work and was set up in no timeand haven't had any problems. .

Show 2 replies

Clasina
Clasina

Compared to other major retailers, Q Energy have been by far the best

I love the monthly payment system. The only thing I would like in writing is the discounts I am provided however in comparison to other providers, I am much happier with Q Energy. They are very good to contact and very pleasant to deal with.

Show reply

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now