QSuper Questions & Answers

15 questions from our users

Ashasked

My partner hasn't been able to work for over 2 years now resulting to having to live off new start . She put in for her tpd claim she has no discs in her lower back and has been told by her specialist she will not get a clearance to return to work. Even though her specialist has classed her permanently disabled and unable to work as well as her doctor she has been declined her claim and told she can work as a telemarketer for a few hours a week . Absolute crap .
They paid doctors and specialist who work for them to write reports to say she can work and they also submitted reports to the member delegate from a woman that my partner never met nor was told about at all. It has now been passed on to lawyers . These case manager's are all crooks. They chose what to use and what not to use when making a decision . We had her doctor her specialist and a psychologist all on her side saying she can't ever work again . They didn't even use the psychologists report .
Anyone going for a tpd claim do yourself a favour and go straight through a lawyer I wish we did that from the start it would have saved us so much time . If q super don't have to pay you they bloody won't no matter the situation they will find a way not to pay you .

Hi Ash,

Thank you for your review and I’m sorry to hear about your partner’s situation.

We would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further for you. If you would like us to do so, please ask your partner to send us an email through the QSuper Contact Us page. This will allow us to verify and locate their account. I have linked this for you below:

We look forward to hearing from your partner shortly.

Thanks, Jess.

Ash

Slater and Gordon are handling it. Thanks though =)

Jpm

Jpmasked

My husband has been diagnosed with a brain tumour. With both have q super income protection. I am unable to work due to his condition. I know he can claim insurance but what about myself?

Johnson
Johnson

Contact qsuper directly.

Hi Jpm,

I'm very sorry to hear of your husband's Brain Tumour.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your review and for letting us know about your experience.

We would like the opportunity to look over your account and review any possible options to assist you both during this time. If you feel comfortable providing your personal details over this platform, please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, client number and contact phone number.

Alternatively, you can send us an email through the QSuper Contact Us page. This will allow us to verify and locate your account. I have linked this for you below:

We look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

Thanks,
Hailey

Jpm

Jpmasked

Hi Jpm,

I'm very sorry to hear of your husband's Brain Tumour.

We look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

Thanks,
Hailey

katie

katieasked

Why has my qsuper income account performed so badly over the last month.

Hi Katie,

Thanks for reaching out to us on Product Review.

We would be happy to take a look at your account and check how your funds are invested.

If this is something you would like us to do, please send us a private message via product review with your full name, date of birth and client number or address and we’ll be in touch.

Embeeasked

I was told by a Qsuper employee that I couldn’t make a TPD claim until I have paid back income protection payments over 2 1/2 months made to me before I was cleared for workcover payments, which was impossible because of bills that had mounted during that time in which I had to pay with my workcover backpay over the same period. I have 3 young children and needed to pay bills that had piled in those first months so as not to become bankrupt. I have suffered a major injury and since had surgery and am still on reduced WC payments. I asked the QSuper representative if that money could be accessed from my account as I am certainly a candidate to process with a TPD claim and received a resounding NO! This was surprising as my account had thousands in premiums taken out in a month without my knowledge in the months that I had been paid income protection. Is this really the case QSuper? As I think it’s unfair.

Hi Embee,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Product Review.

I apologise for not responding to you sooner.

Do you still require assistance? If so, we would like the opportunity to investigate this further for you.

Hi Amie,

Yes that would be great if you could please investigate my issue as mentioned in my previous message, I was going to engage someone else to do this as I think it is very unfair considering my/our circumstances. Also the high premium dollars that have been withdrawn from account last year without my knowledge is something else I want to be looked into. Last year was such a hard one both physically and financially and we are doing it tough at present so any relief
or good news in regards to these issues would be so very welcomed. I have been disappointed to say the least and these obstacles have just added to everything.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. I’m sorry to hear of your experience.

So I can look into this for you as soon as possible, could you please send us a private message via Product Review? I just need to confirm your personal details requested above in order to verify and locate your account.

Alternatively, you can also send me an email at qsuper@qsuper.qld.gov.au.

Once I’ve been able to verify your details I’ll be able to look into the matter for you.

You may wish to remove your client number from your comment above for your privacy, as we are unable to do this on our end.

Speak soon,

Robasked

QSuper won’t let me consolidate my account in a rollover to an other state without hitting me with a substantial penalty. How come when state to state is a no fee option.

Rob

I’m really not surprised that there hasn’t been a response to this question. Hard to defend a position which is so evidently wrong. I’ll try taking this up with the state ombudsman.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Product Review.

We’ve recently begun monitoring this website and we apologise for not responding to you sooner.

Garry B

Garry Basked

how long is the standard time for withdrawals from income and accumulation accounts

Foff
Foff

Hi Garry B, assuming you have access to funds, QSuper stock reply is 7 business days upon receipt of a correctly completed withdrawal application. Just do not ring and question that if you have a withdrawal application pending. I did that and it ended up taking 10 business days. If you think you have access because you are injured or incapacitated and have not yet reached preservation age, be prepared for a lengthy, drawn out and disheartening experience. This is my situation and have had to engaged a solicitor but all to no avail. !8 months plus and waiting. I feel sorry for any member of QSuper who has to make any TPD or IP claim because you will need a lot in reserve or be prepared to sell up to survive the waiting period for any of your entitlements from this mob. Good luck.

QSuperQSuper

Hi Garry, thanks for your question. Withdrawals from Accumulation accounts are generally processed within 7 working days of receiving a completed application and Income account withdrawals are processed within 3 working days. Once funds have departed QSuper please allow up to 24-72, depending on your banks processing time for the funds to clear.

Hi Dan,
We’re sorry to read about your recent experience with QSuper.

We’d like the opportunity to look into this further for you. If you’d like to allow us to do so, please send us a private message on Facebook including your full name, date of birth and address on record.

Marion Meissner

Marion Meissnerasked

How do I dealt with the account of a deceased husband?

Bellaasked

Hi all, I am having an awful time with QSuper. I've been on income protection for nearly two years and they are trying everything they can to make life awful for me and to have my payment cancelled. I am seriously considering legal action. I spoke to a person today whose wife had a terrible time with them under the same circumstances, brought in a lawyer and everything was resolved within 2 weeks. I haven't had a moments peace with them since IP started. I'd really like to be recovering and looking after myself, but here I am about to move back in with my parents (at 30 years old), with no IP, debts through the roof (I also believe they've underpaid me $20k), unable to work (as supported by my doctor). I feel humiliated and just shy of giving up, I'm using my last bit of fight to try and find some justice. After reading the comments above, there may even be enough people to have a class action.

mthom75
mthom75

Make a complaint to AFCA. AFCA is the Australian regulator for financial services. They probably cant help resolve your issue because they have no teeth but your complaint will help build pressure for QSuper to change.

Adrian48
Adrian48

The problem with Super is that they are a Superannuation company... in which they are one of the top performers... but alas they have moved in to Insurance in which they have not the same level of experience or capable people. I have taken on Insurance companies previously (AMP), but the only time I was able to get an answer was to have someone else do it...i.e the Insurance Industry Ombudsman...they do have teeth and can force an answer.

Bella

Hi mthom, I will. They've also both witheld informationa nd refused me my personal information. I've already made a move through the office of Information Commissioner regarding this.

Adrian, you are absolutely right. Big lesson learned for me. I will be fighting them through whatever channels I need to and certainly won't be hesitating to move all of my super to another company as soon as I can.

Change has to be made!

Chauncey

Chaunceyasked

i am currently receiving Income Protection (IP) payments from QSuper, for 5 months now. It appears that I am still making ongoing IP premium payments through my Super Account balance. Do I have to pay my premiums while I am unable to work and receiving IP payments? Other IP policies I've looked at suspend those premium payments in these circumstances, and only deduct again when your IP claim has finished. I can't find any information about this particular aspect of QSuper IP on their website or policy documents. Anyone know the answer?

Pumi
Pumi

Hi Chauncey
I am not sure what the answer is but you would assume that they would suspend premiums until you are back from sick leave and no longer on IP paymwnts. I don't trust the Qsuper system myself because in my experience after I asked them to stop taking out insurance premiums, i am still having them taken out! Give them a call and see what they have to say. I hope they will fix this for you.

Mark D

Mark Dasked

Is Q super government guaranteed?

Janeasked

I have been adding an extra $500 a fortnight to my Q Super over the past 12 months BUT my super fund has dropped - where has $12000 gone? I feel like i have been robbed. Can anyone help me understand this? Q Super have just told me that the market has been volatile and this is a long term investment. Still does not tell me where my $ has gone

We would need to investigate further to find out the answer. it could be a combination of fees, insurance costs, putting money into the share market or something else. Often your query means you are in the wrong investment option. Kenmore Financial provide professional financial advice in situations like this.

Leonie Y.
Leonie Y.

I just checked my account and the same has happened to me. I seem to have lost approx $10,000 in the past month. Where did that go? Never been really happy with the return I get from Q Super but not sure what funds provide good ongoing returns. Going backwards though with all the money paid in is extremely frustrating, especially when you are planning to retire in a couple of years!!!

Number2018asked

My question i have two permanent impairment one for 6% physiological permanent impairment. 5%permanent impairment to lower back , impairment to both shoulder s a 6% and a 5%. My employer is saying Iam a high risk and could injury myself i am unable to return to the job I was employed to do. Have been on a health management plan . My employer has given me 10 days to respond to why they should not retire me due to my injuries , So they are going to retire me( Sack me,) will i be able to apply for incomprotextion protection or should i be applying for permenant disability impairment can anybody advise me?

Never Give Up
Never Give Up

If you are no longer able to work in your role that you are qualified for due to any illness, you are eligible for a TPD claim. A warning though, you have to play your cards right during the process. The claims managers will manipulate you and do everything they can to weasel their way around paying out. Even to the point of being unethical.
Just be patient and always communicate ONLY VIA EMAIL so that it is all 'tracked'. Don't get roped into speaking with them, always refer everything on to your doctor/specialist if they are happy to advocate for you (determine this beforehand).
Patience is definitely a virtue and good things come to those who wait (and don't ever let those manipulative claims managers get to you)! Good luck.

Thanks for your help.

Number2018

HI just to say thanks for your reply. My claims manager is playing games or may be my doctor , the claims manager stated to me I havent had a part C form filled out by my doctor and I know I have had it filled out and the doctor surgery was emailing this form out but guess what claims says she doesn t have it. So I am spending more money seeing a doctor and jumping the hoops. I am so made my employer is the worst organisation to work for . Am so over it they are sending me into poverty.

Lynnpenny1asked

How do I transfer my superannuation from my current server to Q Super.? I am a retired 65year old woman

Danny H
Danny H

Call them. I did all of mine online, it's called roll-over

Lynnpenny1

Thanks Danny, I appreciate the information.

Jane

Hey Danny and Lynn i have been with QSuper since i was 17 and am now 53. Do these comments mean that you are happy with QSuper?

Bruce

Bruceasked

What are members experience with paying out of income protection and life insurance?

Johnno P
Johnno P

My wife and I both have our super along with income protection and life insurance through QSuper. Last year the wife was unable to work due to medical reasons. The process for claiming for income protection was pretty straightforward and just required confirmation from her specialist. Happy that the claim was handled within a couple of weeks. Her sick leave needed to be exhausted before they would make payments, so keep that in mind.

Get an answer from our members and QSuper representatives

Other Public Sector Superannuation Funds