QSuper (page 2 of 4)

2.1

• Rates and Fees
Satisfied member

Satisfied memberGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Is this superannuation nirvana?

Rates and Fees

Very good

Have done quite a bit of research on superannuation companies and have found QSuper to offer the best return on my money. Their website is very well organised and navigation is excellent. Service is also brilliant. Would recommend to fellow Aussies.

eman h.

eman h.South East Queensland, QLD

great offer and great service

The staff are always friendly and very helpful, I find their fees are lower than most other Super funds too and Ive definitely recommended it to others as a very good option.

LouiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible systems and customer service

I joined recently. My first employer contribution went in and somehow the system adjusted my name to someone elses name. Ive called several times for an update on when it will be resolved but am told they dont know when and to just keep calling back. I cant get my money refunded until it is resolved. This has been an awful experience.

Thanks Mark, I have messaged you

dan801

dan801Queensland

Gone downhill since being opened up to the public

I’ve been with them for 16 as a mandatory superfund for my work. The fund has always only been open to government employees until very recently. With this change (as expected) the fund has gone downhill, poor customer service, refusal to pay insurance claims, slow to process requests. The last change of investment mix request took over a week for example. Sending in manual forms never get processed. They need to take a long hard look at their decision to open their doors if they can’t cope with the extra members

urbandesigner

urbandesignerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great experience with QSuper since 2004

I have to say, I don't relate to any of the negative reviews on this site about QSuper. I joined QSuper in 2004 and have only had good experiences. My super has always done well, and in the last 18 months I've needed to access the income protection - which I never knew anything about, really. I'm glad it was an opt-out insurance - when I was younger, I might have been tempted to do just that and not have the support I now need and receive. The staff are always friendly and very helpful, and the fees are the lowest around. I'd definitely recommend QSuper - my husband is now even moving from AMP after 26 years!

Jim

JimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor customer service & their online system often has technical issues which makes it hard to invest...

Asked for refund of fees due to their system being down without warning.
They advised they wouldn't provide any refund even though they hadn't provided me with the service.
Only been with them a short period and have been screwed over from the start.

Terrible, get away

Terrible customer service, extended times of inaction and general incompetence. They lied on the phone to cover up mistakes. Get out as soon as you can, a self managed super fund is a little more work but is a much better solution than this circus.

Inadequate service.

Was not interested in finding any solution. A sub-standard service that had little regard to the client's needs or problem solving the query. Totally not helpful in assisting their client.

Wendy

A lot too late I would say Amie.
Again this tells me you're being consistent in providing a poor service.

Frances

FrancesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very slow in processing form

It has taken six weeks and still waiting to have a simple form (Claim to vary a deduction for personal super contribution) processed. In the meantime Q Super is holding on to a tax deduction of $2200 in my account. I can't put in my tax return until this form is processed. Each time I ring I am told they can't tell me how much longer. They are obviously understaffed if they can't keep up with the volume. While they have had good returns in the past, I suspect things are changing due to the recent changes and increase in membership.

Kylie

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy with the returns and customer service. Particularly at the management end.

Anthony

AnthonyBrisbane, Queensland

Do not walk. Run.

Member of over 10 years. QSuper is an organisation that expands and adds junk insurance to your account directly against your specified wishes: then hides under legal cover. Watch your statements closely and expect the addition of unwanted charges, particularly "income protection insurance". If you are a busy working person, best to avoid QSuper in the first place to avoid the hassle.

Pidgie

Pidgie

Yep....its the muppet show

I have been a member for 13 years and in recent years I have noticed a definite decrease in customer service accompanied by an increase in razzle-dazzle advertising. So it starts like Kermit the Frog coming out giving the show a big plug but ends like those two old guys in the box whinging. In this week's special show, I spent two hours on hold before I spoke to a customer service officer. I have sent three emails but have not received any response, despite QSuper saying that they response to emails within three days. No they don't. Meanwhile, I hear all about their commitment to supporting the community in their warm-and- fuzzy-glow radio advertising.

Philip

Philip

Terrible customer service

After spending half an hour on the phone, listening to the same repetitive ad over and over like a brainwashing exercise, I finally gave up. Terrible customer service. Very frustrating

WORST COMPANY

Qsuper is terrible and their services should never be used by anyone. Their cinema advertising is disgusting and I hate their company. No one should ever trust their business or anyone who works there.

steph

stephSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware of QInvest's poor advice (if you can get any service at all)

mthom75

mthom75

Terrible

In my experience customer service was terrible by phone and it got much worse after I tried to complain. I believe that when consolidating Super people need to be very careful about insurance, that they remain covered at all times and for the same level of cover as previously held.

Insurance Options
Sterpz

Sterpz

Won't let me transfer my money to another fund.

QSuper won't let me consolidate my super to another fund unless I supply them with a separation certificate which I am unable to do as I was casually employed.
Apparently I can request a transfer through the ATO through the myGov website, fingers crossed this works.

Adrian48

Adrian48None of your business

Insurance arm is a disgrace

Pathetic. Took near two months to obtain a quote for Income Protection Insurance, during that time they put the insurance in place without my approval. They ignored the Medical Report and decided I had a medical condition that the medical report said I did not. It took many times to point this out, but was ignored.
The Superannuation side is good, and rated so by Canstan, however their branch out in to Insurance is very much being run by people with minimal to nil experience in Insurance. Stay with the Industry experts when it comes to Insurance and avoid QSuper. You don't buy bread from a Butcher, don't buy Insurance from a Superannuation company

Leianne

LeianneBrisbane

Process gaps lead to delays in accessing Superannuation entitlements

Ashasked

My partner hasn't been able to work for over 2 years now resulting to having to live off new start . She put in for her tpd claim she has no discs in her lower back and has been told by her specialist she will not get a clearance to return to work. Even though her specialist has classed her permanently disabled and unable to work as well as her doctor she has been declined her claim and told she can work as a telemarketer for a few hours a week . Absolute crap .
They paid doctors and specialist who work for them to write reports to say she can work and they also submitted reports to the member delegate from a woman that my partner never met nor was told about at all. It has now been passed on to lawyers . These case manager's are all crooks. They chose what to use and what not to use when making a decision . We had her doctor her specialist and a psychologist all on her side saying she can't ever work again . They didn't even use the psychologists report .
Anyone going for a tpd claim do yourself a favour and go straight through a lawyer I wish we did that from the start it would have saved us so much time . If q super don't have to pay you they bloody won't no matter the situation they will find a way not to pay you .

Hi Ash,

Thank you for your review and I’m sorry to hear about your partner’s situation.

We would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further for you. If you would like us to do so, please ask your partner to send us an email through the QSuper Contact Us page. This will allow us to verify and locate their account. I have linked this for you below:

We look forward to hearing from your partner shortly.

Thanks, Jess.

Ash

Slater and Gordon are handling it. Thanks though =)

Jpm

Jpmasked

My husband has been diagnosed with a brain tumour. With both have q super income protection. I am unable to work due to his condition. I know he can claim insurance but what about myself?

Johnson
Johnson

Contact qsuper directly.

Hi Jpm,

I'm very sorry to hear of your husband's Brain Tumour.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your review and for letting us know about your experience.

We would like the opportunity to look over your account and review any possible options to assist you both during this time. If you feel comfortable providing your personal details over this platform, please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, client number and contact phone number.

Alternatively, you can send us an email through the QSuper Contact Us page. This will allow us to verify and locate your account. I have linked this for you below:

We look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

Thanks,
Hailey

Jpm

Jpmasked

Hi Jpm,

I'm very sorry to hear of your husband's Brain Tumour.

We look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

Thanks,
Hailey

Get an answer from our members and QSuper representatives

Other Public Sector Superannuation Funds