QSuper (page 3 of 4)

2.1

• Rates and Fees
Leianne

LeianneBrisbane

Process gaps lead to delays in accessing Superannuation entitlements

The worst of humanity

Superannuation paid into a deceased estate

My brother died with money in q super which they are refusing to release to his estate because q super say they decide who gets the money left in his superannuation fund. My brothers wishes are being ignored and q super say they will decide who gets the superannuation money. Get out of q super everyone....

maddiesmum

maddiesmumQueensland

Charging for unwanted products / steer clear

Pumi

PumiBrisbane

Rort. If you ask me, their fees are way too high

spadger

spadgerNew South Wales

A money-loser

I have a small super account with them which started life a long time ago with Queensland government super. It built up nicely but since going into QSuper it has disappeared. They deducted fees and life insurance till it got below $500 and now they are still deducting fees, so it will disappear completely eventually. I fear that they will then start saying I owe them money for managing an empty account. I am eligible to take the money out now but they have never contacted me to tell me so, unlike my other fund. I will have to get in touch with them to start that process and I suspect they will just delay it until they have deducted all the money for themselves. In fact,when I pay the exit fee I won't have anything left.

Big Al

Big AlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not very helpful

Bludging public servants

If you need to withdraw money from your super fund in a timely manner switch to another fund. I am still waiting after 6 business days and have been told that the 7 day maximum is not yet up.

mrukk

mrukk

Unbelievably archaic and inflexible signup rules

QSuper - glad I am leaving

I have been with Qsuper over 20 years, however the inflexiibilty of insurance area, who i think now run QSuper has caused me to move my funds elsewhere, as well as the lower returns and high fees received from them, other super funds have lower fees and higher returns and more flexible insurance approaches.

ling

lingSydney, NSW

Excellent Super Fund

csongs

csongsAU

Excellent product

I’ve been with QSuper for over 10 years now and have been really happy with it. It has consistently given me excellent returns and it is so easy to swap between investment options. I’ve definitely recommended it to others as a very good option.

benno9999

benno9999Brisbane

Consider QSuper the best Super I have had.

Max

MaxBrisbane

NOT A Fund I'd rely on their insurance to pay out

Qsuper use the most despicable medical officers to avoid paying out the insurance you have paid for , probably for years. Their claims managers will fight you every inch and make the claims progress as miserable as possible. Don't be surprised if they want a second opinion if an insured member dies, they are likely to have one if their very suspect independent medical offer a second opinion in an effort to delay the claim.
Expect the claim payment time to be in the order of 3 to 5 years for any reason

Uncaring and unsympathetic fund

Promised to pay out a percentage early months ago to help my brother and his terminally ill wife help with escalating medical costs and other bills but 3 weeks after her death and with Christmas fast approaching they have still not released any money and my brother has been so stressed out trying to deal with this...shame shame shame Q Super

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy CustomerDarling Downs, QLD

effective 1/7/17 you no longer have to have your superannuation with Q-Super.........

I can agree totally with everyone's complaints about Q Super as I suffered at the hands of most.
Are you all aware that effective 1/7/17 you no longer have to have your superannuation with Q-Super I think I may have been the first to transfer my super from Q-Super to Sunsuper where I had a previous account. Never once did I consider transferring Sunsuper to Q Super for all the reasons on this page. Get out now that you have the chance....

Maddym

MaddymSouth East Queensland, QLD

Insurances

I agree with another dissatisfied customers comments. Qsuper add insurances to your super fund and deduct the costs for this insurance from your funds without any authorisation. I believe if you want insurance you can apply. In addition to this, our advice from qsuper was very poor. Our statement of advice contained incorrect figures and so many other errors. Have left me so stressed and has left me with no confidence in financial advisers in general.

Heartless duplicate lies

Over 10 years of policy contributions and tragically need to claim income protection and TPD after a serious work injury. Totally unprofessional and deceitful in their management, with no goal of helping relieve financial stress, rather consistently attempting to drag out every single step, and the case managers brief for KPI's are to close the claim and force the policy holders through the tribunal process which takes years. Hopefully you will die or suicide in the meantime. As a union delegate of a major public service department I have seen this pattern of treatment for years taking its toll on the sick, injured and vulnerable. QSuper sleep like babies. No better than Workcover. Shame.

service

I have read the following review and cannot agree at all. I have had nothing but great service both on the phone and in person.
It must be the clients a the is nothing wrong with the service.

It seems like bloated public servants who have never had a real job complaining

Scambuster

Scambuster

Untrustworthy

Qsuper definitely do not have members interests at heart, they will debit money from your account at every opportunity, as another member mentioned they use their policy and procedures to rob members by forcing unwanted insurance onto members without confirmation or permission. They then proceed to bleed the account dry by deducting extremely high insurance premiums for as long as they can. Be very careful dealing with Qsuper, always check what they are telling you as they will intentionally mislead you so they can extract as much money out of the account as they can. Thankfully Queenslanders now have the option to use other super funds, I switched as soon as I could and will never use them again.

Ashasked

My partner hasn't been able to work for over 2 years now resulting to having to live off new start . She put in for her tpd claim she has no discs in her lower back and has been told by her specialist she will not get a clearance to return to work. Even though her specialist has classed her permanently disabled and unable to work as well as her doctor she has been declined her claim and told she can work as a telemarketer for a few hours a week . Absolute crap .
They paid doctors and specialist who work for them to write reports to say she can work and they also submitted reports to the member delegate from a woman that my partner never met nor was told about at all. It has now been passed on to lawyers . These case manager's are all crooks. They chose what to use and what not to use when making a decision . We had her doctor her specialist and a psychologist all on her side saying she can't ever work again . They didn't even use the psychologists report .
Anyone going for a tpd claim do yourself a favour and go straight through a lawyer I wish we did that from the start it would have saved us so much time . If q super don't have to pay you they bloody won't no matter the situation they will find a way not to pay you .

Hi Ash,

Thank you for your review and I’m sorry to hear about your partner’s situation.

We would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further for you. If you would like us to do so, please ask your partner to send us an email through the QSuper Contact Us page. This will allow us to verify and locate their account. I have linked this for you below:

We look forward to hearing from your partner shortly.

Thanks, Jess.

Ash

Slater and Gordon are handling it. Thanks though =)

Jpm

Jpmasked

My husband has been diagnosed with a brain tumour. With both have q super income protection. I am unable to work due to his condition. I know he can claim insurance but what about myself?

Johnson
Johnson

Contact qsuper directly.

Hi Jpm,

I'm very sorry to hear of your husband's Brain Tumour.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your review and for letting us know about your experience.

We would like the opportunity to look over your account and review any possible options to assist you both during this time. If you feel comfortable providing your personal details over this platform, please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, client number and contact phone number.

Alternatively, you can send us an email through the QSuper Contact Us page. This will allow us to verify and locate your account. I have linked this for you below:

We look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

Thanks,
Hailey

Jpm

Jpmasked

Hi Jpm,

I'm very sorry to hear of your husband's Brain Tumour.

We look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

Thanks,
Hailey

Get an answer from our members and QSuper representatives

Other Public Sector Superannuation Funds