Quantum Energy Compact Domestic 270

See the Best Electric Hot Water Storage Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Quantum Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.5
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Rachael H.
Rachael H.Hunter Region, NSW

Dead after 6 years!!

Paid $3800 in 2015, pressure relief valve went after 12 months. Today 16 months after warranty ran out it is completely dead due to tank rusted out. Waste of time and money!! Surely consumers shouldn't have to replace HWS every 6 years. Company representative rude and flippant.

Purchased in January 2015 for $3,800.00.

Ripped Off
Ripped OffGreat Southern, WA

Not Recommended

Purchased in April 2015.

Disappointed
DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t buy. It’s a piece of rubbish

Don’t buy this system. It’s so crap and it’s not economical at all. Also, organising a service is impossible especially if you don live in QLD.

Please stay away from this piece of rubbish.

Albi
AlbiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Poor Reliability Expensive

New Quantum heat pump hot water system installed to our newly build house in NSW. It was supposed to be a “great system”. The system was installed in early 2016. In May 2020 the valve started leaking. The warranty is only for 4 year so we are out of the warranty period. We have had a plumber look at it and recommended that the unit be replaced because it is not possible to replace the valve due to the way the tank is built. We have been told to stay away from this product, very costly and even more trouble to fix.
Think twice before buying this brand or product.

Purchased in February 2016 for $5,000.00.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Quantum Energy Compact Domestic 270 compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Dreadful Customer Service

This is our second unit & the first one lasted over 10 year this one hasn't made 18 months!
We have been without hot water for 5 days & were told by customer service that the repairman would call to arrange a service call but guess what NO CALL! several calls texts & emails to customer service but no answers. I'm sure they are waiting till we give up & go to a local hot water service provider so they don't have to provide the repair under warranty. All we want is to know when they will come so we can be home, make ongoing alternate showering arrangements & get on with basic living.

Purchased in July 2017 for $3,200.00.

Unit 33_11_ACT
Unit 33_11_ACTLawson 2617, ACT

terrible and unfriendly customer service and making noise like a monster

Phil
PhilGranity

Never ever Quantum again.

Certainly I am very disappointed in Quantum as a company. We have several cylinders of which 1 has had to be replaced as it sprung a leak. Another has has a major repair done which Quantum refuse to acknowledge so I am left with the cost. Dealing with Quantum would rate as a "very bad experience" it takes heaps od emails and heaps of phone calls to get to any conclusion. Would never ever purchase anything made by Quantum ever again.

Date PurchasedSept 2010

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
GB
GBGoolwa

Hot H20 from the air

We have a quantum water heater that is 9 years old.Had a new capacitor replaced 3 years ago.PLEASE NOTE-the water anode should (ideally) be replaced every 4-5 years.These anodes start off being about the thickness of a thumb and may end up about the thickness of a match!We run ours on a day tariff as the air is GENERALLY warmer than at midnight(the supposedly cheaper tariff time?).The price u pay usually dictates the savings. Also i see some reviews that say that their heater is in the shade!!- it doesnt matter-its all to do with the temp of the air!

See all Quantum Compact Domestic reviews

Ridasked
Compact Domestic 270

I would like to know if different climates have a bearing on the performance of this product, I have read good and bad reviews about this we live in QLD Sunny Coast, so not sure if this would have an impact.

Michael T.
Michael T.

Yes, the warmer the air temp is, the quicker the system heats the water. I'm in a coastal suburb in Nth Brisbane, had my compact 270Ltr for 13 years, it provides hot water for 2 adults and 3 young kids. In that time all I have replaced is the anode once,(about to do it again) and installed a 24hr timer. The $200 timer, I believe is the reason my system has lasted for this long. I installed it because -A- I only need to heat the water once a day during the warmest part, the afternoon. and B- I have neighbours living about 3mtrs away, we get on well and I'd like to keep it that way. The fan is about as loud as an air con unit, which is fine during the day but not at night. It is a good quality timer, hard wired inside the house so I can easily flick a switch to override the auto function, in case I have extra guests or weather is not favourable. It has been a very good reliable heater for us as it should be for you. Mick

Rid

Cheers for that valuable feedback Mick.

See all Quantum Compact Domestic questions