Quantum Compact Domestic Questions & Answers

340, 270
Brand Manager for Quantum Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

5 questions from our users

Simon C.
Simon C.asked
Quantum Compact Domestic

My quantum hot water service only gives me Luke warm water not HOT why

Mark A
Mark Aasked
Compact Domestic 340

Just bought a house with a Quantum water heater and find the hot water pressure to be very weak. Is it common with these heaters?

Don
Don

Quantum heaters are 'mains pressure' units which means that the storage tank is pressurised by the cold water inlet. Except for minor losses of pressure from the valves and pipe constrictions the pressure out should equal the pressure in.
It seems like yours is a plumbing problem. Good luck with it.

Ridasked
Compact Domestic 270

I would like to know if different climates have a bearing on the performance of this product, I have read good and bad reviews about this we live in QLD Sunny Coast, so not sure if this would have an impact.

Michael T.
Michael T.

Yes, the warmer the air temp is, the quicker the system heats the water. I'm in a coastal suburb in Nth Brisbane, had my compact 270Ltr for 13 years, it provides hot water for 2 adults and 3 young kids. In that time all I have replaced is the anode once,(about to do it again) and installed a 24hr timer. The $200 timer, I believe is the reason my system has lasted for this long. I installed it because -A- I only need to heat the water once a day during the warmest part, the afternoon. and B- I have neighbours living about 3mtrs away, we get on well and I'd like to keep it that way. The fan is about as loud as an air con unit, which is fine during the day but not at night. It is a good quality timer, hard wired inside the house so I can easily flick a switch to override the auto function, in case I have extra guests or weather is not favourable. It has been a very good reliable heater for us as it should be for you. Mick

Rid

Cheers for that valuable feedback Mick.

Susie
Susieasked
Quantum Compact Domestic

Is it more economical to run the system all the time or turn them off during the day when you don't need hot water?

Joe5993
Joe5993

I have got mine on a timer because we live in a cold frosty area, and I run the unit during the day when the air is warmer. It comes on at 9am and goes off at 4pm. It usually only takes 2 to 4 hours to reheat. It will reheat overnight if required but needs to run a lot longer.

Julz31
Julz31asked
Quantum Compact Domestic

There is water leaking from the join (top half and bottom half of unit). Just started - I wiped down unit but it continued. Is this okay or do I need to call for a service?

tech18
tech18

if you can check the back of the unit for a drain pipe. it is a small piece of copper pipe. if not connected to any other pipe work get a garden hose, slide it up onto pipe and blow through the hose to check that the evaporator tray isn't blocked. if it has brass joiner fitted you will have to undo these with shifter/spanner. if the dripping is a constant flow after you have done all that i suggest you ring their service number on side of tank and arrange for a technician to diagnose.

Other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems