340, 270
See the Best Electric Hot Water Storage Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Quantum Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Shane Fioraso
Shane FiorasoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute piece of crap. Broke just after warranty expired, fixed it and it broke again 6 months later. Pure rubbish

Rubbish product, expensive to purchase and fix, with only one authorised repair person around. They are now an Obsolete products due to being an inferior product. Sorry I have nothing good to say.

Purchased in April 2015 for $5,000.00.

Russell Copeland
Russell CopelandSydney, NSW

5.5 years of ownership and now has to be thrown away due to leaking tank. - 6 months out of warranty. $3500 new, now $0.

5.5 years of ownership. Found it quite noisy at first but got used to it. At 2 year mark the compressor stopped working - fixed under warranty after much complaining from Quantum. Now 6 months out of warranty on tank and its now leaking hot water. Charged $132 for inspection and told its a throw away from Quantum plumber. I performed recommended maintenance of tank (anode and prt valve) as recommended by Quantum HQ. Waste of my time. So much for doing right by the environment with lower power unit. What is the climate impact of a system with no life cycle after warranty? Honestly look elsewhere.

Purchased in April 2015 for $3,500.00.

Rachael H.
Rachael H.Hunter Region, NSW

Dead after 6 years!!

Paid $3800 in 2015, pressure relief valve went after 12 months. Today 16 months after warranty ran out it is completely dead due to tank rusted out. Waste of time and money!! Surely consumers shouldn't have to replace HWS every 6 years. Company representative rude and flippant.

Purchased in January 2015 for $3,800.00.

Ripped Off
Ripped OffGreat Southern, WA

Not Recommended

Purchased in April 2015.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Quantum Compact Domestic compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Disappointed
DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t buy. It’s a piece of rubbish

Don’t buy this system. It’s so crap and it’s not economical at all. Also, organising a service is impossible especially if you don live in QLD.

Please stay away from this piece of rubbish.

Albi
AlbiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Poor Reliability Expensive

New Quantum heat pump hot water system installed to our newly build house in NSW. It was supposed to be a “great system”. The system was installed in early 2016. In May 2020 the valve started leaking. The warranty is only for 4 year so we are out of the warranty period. We have had a plumber look at it and recommended that the unit be replaced because it is not possible to replace the valve due to the way the tank is built. We have been told to stay away from this product, very costly and even more trouble to fix.
Think twice before buying this brand or product.

Purchased in February 2016 for $5,000.00.

Dreadful Customer Service

This is our second unit & the first one lasted over 10 year this one hasn't made 18 months!
We have been without hot water for 5 days & were told by customer service that the repairman would call to arrange a service call but guess what NO CALL! several calls texts & emails to customer service but no answers. I'm sure they are waiting till we give up & go to a local hot water service provider so they don't have to provide the repair under warranty. All we want is to know when they will come so we can be home, make ongoing alternate showering arrangements & get on with basic living.

Purchased in July 2017 for $3,200.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Unit 33_11_ACT
Unit 33_11_ACTLawson 2617, ACT

terrible and unfriendly customer service and making noise like a monster

Phil
PhilGranity

Never ever Quantum again.

Certainly I am very disappointed in Quantum as a company. We have several cylinders of which 1 has had to be replaced as it sprung a leak. Another has has a major repair done which Quantum refuse to acknowledge so I am left with the cost. Dealing with Quantum would rate as a "very bad experience" it takes heaps od emails and heaps of phone calls to get to any conclusion. Would never ever purchase anything made by Quantum ever again.

Date PurchasedSept 2010

bov
bovRichmond-Tweed, NSW

not a sustainable item

These, in theory, sound like a great alternative to reduce electricity costs. When you consider the exceptionally short life (8 years) and the annual costs of maintenance these water heaters are a very expensive system. Steer clear, the quality is not there and it was next to impossible to get after sales service

Date PurchasedAug 2008
Bunny
BunnyGold Coast

3 Units Installed All Failed with Leaking Tanks

Purchased 3 Heat Pumps and they worked efficiently. 2 of the units started leaking water from the tank and were replaced. Unfortunately the replacements did the same thing with the water tanks failing and leaking. The 3rd tank did the same and now quantum are refusing to fix the problem and I am off to the Consumer Tribunal to seek redress. I would not purchase a quantum product again as there are doubts to the water pumps durability and longevity. To have all 5 units suffer the same issue does not say much for the product

Date PurchasedMar 2009
Wriggles
WrigglesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Technology at its worst

Purchased the Quantum Energy 340L heat pump in November 2009. Assured of its quality design and green house gas saving technology. After 2 years the inadequate electrical connections which were not weather proof failed and cost $350 to fix. Now after the 5 year warranty has expired the unit has begun to disintegrate due to electrolysis. It was an expensive purchase at $2750 installed and has proven to be very poor quality in terms of value for money and longevity. I would not recommend Quantum Energy products. You cannot contact them on the phone and the units cannot be fixed. Do not buy from them.

Date PurchasedNov 2009

Disappointed

We have had our Quantum Heatpump for 5 and a half years. Warranty was only 2 years. At 3 years had to have the control panel replaced at a price of $580. Two and half years later, the control panel has needed replacing again. To say we are disappointed is an understatement. Would not purchase another nor would I recommend a Quantum Heatpump.

8 years old and leaking from the top.

We have a Quantum 315l cylinder, it's only 8 years old and it has rust all over the steel tank.
It's leaking from the top and you can push your finger through the steel tank up on top.
It's now the second one to go in 4 weeks.
It's for a Hotel, customers are always complaining about the noise.

ron
ronipswich

Load of [censored word removed]

i have had the hot water unit now for 6 years and every year in winter it brakes down do not buy one the most expensive to run hot water that I have own. next time it brakes down it going to the tip and I will install solar ..
Sick of spending money on it
Need new capacitor evey year

Simon C.
Simon C.asked
Quantum Compact Domestic

My quantum hot water service only gives me Luke warm water not HOT why

Mark A
Mark Aasked
Compact Domestic 340

Just bought a house with a Quantum water heater and find the hot water pressure to be very weak. Is it common with these heaters?

Don
Don

Quantum heaters are 'mains pressure' units which means that the storage tank is pressurised by the cold water inlet. Except for minor losses of pressure from the valves and pipe constrictions the pressure out should equal the pressure in.
It seems like yours is a plumbing problem. Good luck with it.

Ridasked
Compact Domestic 270

I would like to know if different climates have a bearing on the performance of this product, I have read good and bad reviews about this we live in QLD Sunny Coast, so not sure if this would have an impact.

Michael T.
Michael T.

Yes, the warmer the air temp is, the quicker the system heats the water. I'm in a coastal suburb in Nth Brisbane, had my compact 270Ltr for 13 years, it provides hot water for 2 adults and 3 young kids. In that time all I have replaced is the anode once,(about to do it again) and installed a 24hr timer. The $200 timer, I believe is the reason my system has lasted for this long. I installed it because -A- I only need to heat the water once a day during the warmest part, the afternoon. and B- I have neighbours living about 3mtrs away, we get on well and I'd like to keep it that way. The fan is about as loud as an air con unit, which is fine during the day but not at night. It is a good quality timer, hard wired inside the house so I can easily flick a switch to override the auto function, in case I have extra guests or weather is not favourable. It has been a very good reliable heater for us as it should be for you. Mick

Rid

Cheers for that valuable feedback Mick.

See all Quantum Compact Domestic questions