340, 270
See the Best Electric Hot Water Storage Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Quantum Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

OK

We bought ours about 3 years ago, a 150L model. In the Adelaide hills, so relatively cold. Has been very reliable, only had the relief valve leak but that was replaced free of charge under warranty. Fairly noisy compared to the newer reverse-cycle aircons.

Hard to know who is astroturfing in these reviews, but at least my review can't be taken for that...
pretty reliable
quite expensive
noisier than it needs to be
runs a lot in cold weather

kja2615
kja2615AU

Simon C.
Simon C.asked
Quantum Compact Domestic

My quantum hot water service only gives me Luke warm water not HOT why

Mark A
Mark Aasked
Compact Domestic 340

Just bought a house with a Quantum water heater and find the hot water pressure to be very weak. Is it common with these heaters?

Don
Don

Quantum heaters are 'mains pressure' units which means that the storage tank is pressurised by the cold water inlet. Except for minor losses of pressure from the valves and pipe constrictions the pressure out should equal the pressure in.
It seems like yours is a plumbing problem. Good luck with it.

Ridasked
Compact Domestic 270

I would like to know if different climates have a bearing on the performance of this product, I have read good and bad reviews about this we live in QLD Sunny Coast, so not sure if this would have an impact.

Michael T.
Michael T.

Yes, the warmer the air temp is, the quicker the system heats the water. I'm in a coastal suburb in Nth Brisbane, had my compact 270Ltr for 13 years, it provides hot water for 2 adults and 3 young kids. In that time all I have replaced is the anode once,(about to do it again) and installed a 24hr timer. The $200 timer, I believe is the reason my system has lasted for this long. I installed it because -A- I only need to heat the water once a day during the warmest part, the afternoon. and B- I have neighbours living about 3mtrs away, we get on well and I'd like to keep it that way. The fan is about as loud as an air con unit, which is fine during the day but not at night. It is a good quality timer, hard wired inside the house so I can easily flick a switch to override the auto function, in case I have extra guests or weather is not favourable. It has been a very good reliable heater for us as it should be for you. Mick

Rid

Cheers for that valuable feedback Mick.

See all Quantum Compact Domestic questions