Quantum Energy AC4 Compact 340L

Quantum Energy AC4 Compact 340L

Will it work tomorrow?

1 year old and it is a boat anchor.
The customer service from these people is appalling. The attitude is to blame the installer, the circuit breaker, the process of contacting them and even Telstra!
The product is noisy and intrusive in the summer months when unit cuts in and out throughout the night. we have to close off the windows on the side of the house that the heater is located to shut out the noise.

Purchased in August 2018 at Quantum for $3,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Smells of GasYes
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Biggest paperweight ever. It should be illegal to sell such a low quality product

Installed mid 2016. Started infernal noise late 2018. Out of warranty after 2 years. $120 for technician to tell me it will cost $1100 to replace the compressor which comes with a maximum 1 year warranty

Heat pump was the another dodgy choice made by the builder.

I'm having this piece of scrap metal removed today and replaced with something realiable and hence truly energy efficient in the long run.

I can't believe installation of such a piece of rubbish counts towards basix points. What a dumb box ticking exercise.

Purchased in June 2016 for $2,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Smells of GasNo

Terrible

Sold to us as being a quality product 3.5 years after being installed compressor is dead $1100.00 to replace go with a quality brand quantum is not quality at all

Purchased in April 2015 for $3,300.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
Smells of GasNo
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

You would be a fool to buy one of these

Just over 7 and a half years old. Came highly recommended by an energy advising company. Would last between ten and twenty. A heath pump hot water system apparently is still a economically great system, but our Quantum system has completely rusted through, leaking everywhere. Was sold as a top brand. Do yourself a big favour, buy a different brand!

Date PurchasedFeb 2010

How do I get Quantum to ring me back???????

I installed my current heat pump in November 2006 and have had relatively no trouble until I tried to order a top lid, which has badly rusted. After my initial ring to head office in Sydney, I was told the part was available and to just ring and order, simple really(really????).
I rang two days running and left the requested voice mail message with my query to order and the requested call back details - still waiting to be called back.
Subsequent to this I emailed the General Mangers P A and, guess what, still no response after approx. 3 weeks.
Would I recommend their after sales service, hardly.

Date PurchasedOct 2006

not happy!

Thought we would save money with the energy efficient model, it lasted 6 years and the tank burst, the initial cost was approx $4000, so what we saved in power we just lost in having to purchase another hot water heater, but certainly not another Quantum very poor product life.

Glorious hot water

We purchased a house in far east Gippsland not long ago. After settlement, we soon found that the electric hot water service was leaking. After some time on the internet researching replacement environmental friendly options, we came across Quantum Energy Technologies great offer. In this, they supply and install your new heater then claim the rebates currently available from the Federal and Victorian governments. All you pay is a small amount direct to Quantum. Such a good offer that we purchased a second unit for our Melbourne address.

This action was in the first few days of January during the Christmas break,and yes you can probably guess what happened next. We turned on the old unit on arrival on a Sunday night and anticipated hot water the following morning. Instead we were greeted by water flowing down the drive from the failure of the pressure vessel.

Katie prioritised our installation following the failure of the old unit and our new service arrived from Sydney in a few days. Then Quantum's installer arrived a little later after to connect the new heater.

So well done and thank-you to the Quantum team. Great customer service! We are very pleased with our choice.

It is early days with the unit, and it will be a little while before we receive an electricity account, but I can confirm that the unit is very quiet and below the level we expected.

Paul Cribb