Quantum Energy AC4 Series

Quantum Energy AC4 Series (page 2 of 3)

Compact 150L, Compact 200L, Compact 270L, Compact 340L and Titan Compact 340L

See the Best Gas Storage in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

James Danton

James Danton

Just over four years and they are all falling like flies in a Mortein storm.

I have NINE of these units on my property and due to poor manufacturing and an abysmal component failure rate I'm down to two that still function. One is working, the other needs to be coaxed into working as I have been told by a technician that certain electrical components were not made weather proof from the factory. More over, just trying to get a tech to fix these things takes upwards of a month and last time (and very much the last time!) I was handed a bill for nearly eight hundred dollars. At least when they stop working you can tell by the flash and bang from the electrical part that isn't weather rated properly as it arcs itself into oblivion.

not happy!

Thought we would save money with the energy efficient model, it lasted 6 years and the tank burst, the initial cost was approx $4000, so what we saved in power we just lost in having to purchase another hot water heater, but certainly not another Quantum very poor product life.

Rhinothyer

RhinothyerAdelaide

Extremely Corroded after 3.5 years

great unit.....would support any progressive technologies

Wouldn't go back to gas storage, instant gas or elemental electric
This thing produces endless hot water for my medium size family
12 months on and hasn't disappointed us yet

Glorious hot water

leo196000launceston

unhappy

just out of warranty and you guessed it leaking water from the tank,
I have installed at least 20 plus quantum hot water units within the last 6 years and have a failure rate of in excess 25%, NOT HAPPY JAN I would have a drama installing another quantum sad but true.

Quantum Heat Pump Under 3 Years Life

Quantum heat pump split after nearly 3 years. Quantum sold me a new one for 1400.00 delivered but still! They also get to keep the rebates. Cost of plumbing, electrician, etc. makes for a pretty expensive heater.

Steer clear

No problems here.

We installed a Quantum system (Heatpump hot water) in 1993 when we built our present home. As it's an old one you cannot get the gas (R21?) for it now but it's cheap and trouble free. Ours lives in the corner of the garage and makes little or no noise. This model has collectors on the roof through which the gas flows and exchanges the atmospheres heat. It seems to work best when it's raining or blowing and uses 500W. $20 a month for hot water....

Fantastic - Quantum hot water system

Hi, we've had our Quantum 340L heat pump installed for about 5 months now. We live in the Adelaide Hills and run the system using off-peak electricity. It has worked perfectly even during the cooler nights. Compared to our old element system (also used off-peak) we now only use about 20% of the energy. Our annual electricity saving is $650 pa (daily cost to heat water is 40c vs $2 per day). I was concerned regarding the noise from the other reviews but they aren't very noisy. We have ours located outside the kitchen windows and have trouble hearing it from inside the house. Fantastic. If you are looking for a reliable installer in Adelaide we used SA Hot Water and they were superb.

Rob

RobMerimbula NSW

Cheap efficient water heater

We have had our 250ltr quantum heat pump for 9years...replaced small white cylindrical solenoid 3 years ago but no other issues. It runs for 2-3 hours like an inverter aircond so don't place unit near bedrooms. Our electricity bills are very low with this system on off peak1...wont heat up enough on off peak 2 as we discovered. Would highly recommend this system

Joe

Joe

Heat pump died after 5.5 years

My quantum heat pump compact 340 has rusted out after 5. 5 years I swaped it from a twin element 400 litre electric heater when the rebates were on but it has not lasted it has a roof over it specially made to protect heater from the elements but it still rusted out , will see what quantum has to say on Monday when I ring them to complain as I am a plumber that has installed a load of these heaters and now my has rusted out I am waiting for my customers to starting ring me that there's has crap it self as well as my was the first that I installed after doing my research on heat pumps

Lenore

LenoreSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thank you Quantum Energy!

Just updating my experience with expensive and ineffectual repairs to our Quantum Energy Heat Pump (reviewed April 18). Thanks to Quantum's intervention, their service agent yesterday refunded the amount charged, less the call out fee which we agreed to pay.
After four weeks with no hot water we are now able to purchase another hot water system.

Dale

Dale

Good Product - Very Efficient

Our Quantum has just died after approx 20 years of use. Very cheap hot water. It was in the garage and we had no problem with noise or rust. We are going to replace this with the smaller 200L unit as we don't need the bigger size.

brissmith

brissmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

compressor lasted 14yrs tank still going

Noisy yes but used little electricity and compressor ran for 14 yrs. About what you'd expec from a fridge or similar. Hoped for more but pretty happy.

Stress purchase of a Quantum 270, by a high priced installer

Noisy & Unreliable - avoid!!!

Unfortunately installed these units six years ago and put up with the noise throughout that time. Neighbour thought we must have a very clean house as she thought we were using the ducted vacuum all the time! May have been more energy efficient, but having to switch from off peak to peak power meant they were no cheaper. Broke down after warranty and thankfully only $300 repair. Lived with these units until we sold the house and moved. Have nothing good to say about these units. Never again.

Noisy water heating

From the first day we moved in, I was aghast at our new water heater roaring away outside our bedroom for hours every night. The only positive thing:yes, it produced hot water. Advice: note the past tense and steer clear.

Very happy

I have had 2 270ltr units installed on my home and besides a malfunction with the computer on one unit, (which was covered by warranty) I couldn't be happier with the quantum heat pumps. It provides hot water to my taps faster than any other unit we looked at and with the temp set its never scolding hot. Thumbs up from WA :)

Tom

TomCoffs Harbour

Quantum Heat Pump now out the dump!

Peter R.

Peter R.asked

AC4 Compact 340L

why is the water in the system hot. but not hot coming out not even luke warm

Wayne B

Wayne Basked

AC4 Compact 340L

I hear a loud buzzing every 10-15 minutes.
What would cause this?

Trent
Trent

i have the same issue now just replaced the pressure relief valve and now a buzzing noise and no hot water. Before l replaced the pressure valve had no issues ??? any help

Jeff

Jeffasked

Hi, my late father had one of these units put in in 2013. My mum is concerned that the unit seems to be running for longer than usual lately. I've just started taking an interest in it, after a 5 minute shower it seems to run for around 4 hrs. We are in nz and the climate is cooling down after summer, but can anyone tell me what an average run time is? Our unit is a 340-11AC4-134. My elderly mum is concerned the thing will get too hot and burn the place down! Our unit doesn't seem to have the red alert indicator on the outside, so I guess I have to take the cover off the top of the cylinder and see if the control box is showing any error codes. Any advice appreciated, thanks, Jeff

Get an answer from our members and Quantum Energy representatives