Quantum Quartz WK

Quantum Quartz WK

See the Best Kitchen Renovators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Quantum Quartz WK? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.0
  • Rates and Fees
Queensland
QueenslandSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT BUY QUANTUM QUARTZ - IT IS NOT SUITABLE AS A KITCHEN BENCHTOP

Quantum Quartz Matt White is not suitable as a kitchen benchtop. This product was defective from the day it was installed. It is highly porous and marks as soon as you use it. It is not easy to clean and requires regular polishing with a special product. The customer service is the worst I have ever encountered, and they will not take responsibility for supplying a poor quality product. DO NOT BUY QUANTUM QUARTZ.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees

Yvonne
Yvonneasked

Hello,

My name is Yvonne. I have had the Carbon Matte benchtops from WK Quantum Quartz installed as part of my reno. Like the other reviewers on this site, my feedback is less than positive. I am currently in dispute with them, arguing that what I was shown in the showroom (full sized kitchen) and what I've had installed, is not the same product (completely different finish which stains terribly - even water).

Could you please give me some further detail, about how you were treated by this company, concerning your complaint? I would be very interested to know.

Yvonne

Brad V.
Brad V.

Very interesting. I'm currently in a dispute with the local distributor regarding a matte finish product for a client. It looks like it has stains embedded in the countertop. He admitted he had a shipment of that quartz damaged by Salt Water while on its way to him. He sent the bad stuff to our installer twice trying to get rid of it. It was sent back to him both times. The third time it appeared to be okay but after install there was a problem. He sent a rep to the house twice to clean in. It wasn't until the second time that he told us we should "seal" the quartz. Everyone I have spoken to says quartz doesn't need sealing! Good Luck.

Melly
Mellyasked

I have a carbon matte bench top and am experiencing the same issues reported above, it never looks clean. Rings from glasses, streaky after cleaning, dull spots. I have tried different cleaning products and different kinds of cloths and haven't found a solution. Has anyone else got any ideas?
Best solution I have found so far it wd40 but it smells. Is there a similar product on the market with a lemon or lavender scent?
I have also found a polishing cloth works better than microfiber but still looks a bit streaky in the corners.

Hi Melly, are you trying to get a matte surface to look shiny (wd40) or streak free? I have found 1 part methylated spirits with 9 parts water works, wipe in circular motions with very damp microfibre then dry with polishing cloth. (I have white matte though not black) and the ring marks on mine always show as a dulled area as they are suction cup ones. another great product for streak free cleaning is windex ammonia free, I use this on matte graphite cupboard surfaces and it is the only thing that works really well. maybe give it a try on the your matte black counter. your ring marks if these have always been there, may be suction cup marks made during transport, even if they aren't and you want to get rid of them the only way seems to be a resurface, which is a light grind back and buff and polish. The marble man can do this apparently.

Have used everything ourselves and the only thing that make the surface great, no streaks etc is Stone Power Cleaner. Removes every mark and leaves the surface that does not finger print. Smells great as well. I would not use WD40 as it is a petroleum product and not food safe at all. Same with window cleaner or windex its not food safe and is highly caustic. Just check the MSDS on a google search.

This is the product and works fantastically well, the supplied cloth makes it much much easier to keep the surface clean and can be washed.

Jen
Jenasked

Can you put hot pans and dishes on quantum quartz?

No you can't. It isn't like granite which could very likely cope with heat but you really shouldn't do it with any stone counter top. There are very specific methods for cleaning QQ also. I keep cork boards and silicon mats near my stove for this reason.