Don't want business never respond and takes weeks to do what should take a day
Have tried several times to obtain small personal loan which actually have enough saving to cover without loan but loan would make easier. The bank never responds staff dont return calls and to difficult to obtain approval not worth the hassle especial when cheaper interest rates elsewhere no reward for tolerating to slow unproffesional attitude to future buisness
Mergers resulting in big bank mentality
I was an ECU customer who was merged into QCCU.
Since the merger, fees have increased, service has become of a predatory corporate style rather than customer focused and complaints fall on deaf ears as my recent one to [name removed] did. The types of fees and charges that ECU used to so brilliantly help their customers avoid are now scooped up mercilessly in the same vein as a big banks.
"Lets get started"....on finding another customer friendly credit union.
When I had an account with Electricity Credit Union there were no fees being charged. before the merger I was told everything would stay the same. After the merger I was charged a $6.00 monthly fee so I closed it down and went to Heritage Bank.
Find out how Queensland Country Bank compares to other Banks
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
Why have you recieved all
Negative below par response from public
I cannot believe how bad they are. Before the merger when they were Queenslanders credit union- they were 100% - absolutely great..but now down to minus100%. I cannot believe how bad there service is, their care factor and their IT. They really should not be allowed to trade now...
Queensland Country Bank
Hello and thanks for your question. We have never actively encouraged any of our 100,000 happy Members to leave us a rating on ProductReview, so the platform seems to have only been used when we have unfortunately not lived up to customer expectations.
The handful of current reviews do not reflect the high standards of service that our team strives towards each and every day, as we have done for the past 50 years.
We are currently working on a plan to invite our Members to engage with us on ProductReview and we’re confident this will result in a more accurate reflection of our overall service in helping people to live better lives through better finances.
If you have any more questions about Queensland Country, we would be more than happy to answer them for you. All the best!
what is queensland country bank?
Provides a number of personal banking and business banking services.
Branch and digital banking options
Branches are distributed throughout Queensland, including Brisbane, Cairns, Ipswich, Mackay and Townsville. There are also digital banking options.
Personal banking services
These include transaction accounts, savings accounts, credit cards, home loans, personal loans such as new car loans, secured personal loans, home renovation loans and unsecured personal loans, international transfers, international payments and foreign exchange.
Queensland Country Bank’s unique SmartBudget feature provides an online portal to track and pay bills in one place, and divides up all your expenses into consistent amounts - whether with weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments.
Business banking services
Basic and Platinum business accounts, online saver accounts, Business fixed term deposits, business loans, commercial overdrafts, business Visa credit cards, and business payment solutions.
Health insurance, home and contents insurance, car insurance, caravan insurance, travel insurance, landlords insurance and boat insurance.
In keeping with its status as a customer-owned, community-driven bank, Queensland Country Bank gives community grants to charities and community groups in the local area, such as Home Hill Community Kindergarten.
Points of praise
- With a number of long-standing customers, some dating back to the bank’s opening in 1971, Queensland Country Bank’s outstanding, personable customer service is a recurring point of praise amongst reviewers. Customers appreciated that both branch staff and phone staff were consistently friendly and helpful.
- Queensland Country Bank’s smooth loan application processes were lauded by customers, particularly home loan applications, which were handled with care and without stress.
- The bank’s SmartBudget feature has been around for decades, and customers are still using it today, and reporting that it’s a great help in avoiding financial strain.
Points to consider
- Membership is open to Australians living in any state, not just Queensland. Some reviewers reported taking out home loans that went smoothly, despite being in another state. However there are also no physical branches in other states, which could be inconvenient depending on your banking preferences.
- According to reviewers, not all Queensland Country Bank cards are compatible with Samsung Pay digital wallets - meaning you can’t use them in conjunction with a Samsung smart watch or smartphone.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.