Better than nothing in a town with 1 full-time bank and 2 part-time
We live in Tully and the closest branch is Smithfield somee 140klms away. Previosly your branch at Mission beach was convenient to be able to talk to an Officer and to do business through a teller. The bank appears to prefer larger cities no COUNTRY.
Disappointing with Home Loans
Have been a member for a few years since moving to Queensland. Was given helpful information from the lending team when we were saving up to buy a house. Once we had the funds and applied for preapproval we were given different advice and were told they could not help us with a home loan. This was disappointing to say the least and we have now gone elsewhere. For everyday banking they are reasonably good
Great customer service, home loan offer has a lot of room for improvement.
Every time I have contacted Queensland Country Bank I have never had to wait and I have had my question answered. I am not impressed with their current home loan rate and have started the process to switch banks. Given the low interest rates at the moment, QCB can definitely lower their variable interest rate.
Find out how Queensland Country Bank compares to other Banks
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
Why have you recieved all
Negative below par response from public
I cannot believe how bad they are. Before the merger when they were Queenslanders credit union- they were 100% - absolutely great..but now down to minus100%. I cannot believe how bad there service is, their care factor and their IT. They really should not be allowed to trade now...
Queensland Country Bank
Hello and thanks for your question. We have never actively encouraged any of our 100,000 happy Members to leave us a rating on ProductReview, so the platform seems to have only been used when we have unfortunately not lived up to customer expectations.
The handful of current reviews do not reflect the high standards of service that our team strives towards each and every day, as we have done for the past 50 years.
We are currently working on a plan to invite our Members to engage with us on ProductReview and we’re confident this will result in a more accurate reflection of our overall service in helping people to live better lives through better finances.
If you have any more questions about Queensland Country, we would be more than happy to answer them for you. All the best!
what is queensland country bank?
Provides a number of personal banking and business banking services.
Branch and digital banking options
Branches are distributed throughout Queensland, including Brisbane, Cairns, Ipswich, Mackay and Townsville. There are also digital banking options.
Personal banking services
These include transaction accounts, savings accounts, credit cards, home loans, personal loans such as new car loans, secured personal loans, home renovation loans and unsecured personal loans, international transfers, international payments and foreign exchange.
Queensland Country Bank’s unique SmartBudget feature provides an online portal to track and pay bills in one place, and divides up all your expenses into consistent amounts - whether with weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments.
Business banking services
Basic and Platinum business accounts, online saver accounts, Business fixed term deposits, business loans, commercial overdrafts, business Visa credit cards, and business payment solutions.
Health insurance, home and contents insurance, car insurance, caravan insurance, travel insurance, landlords insurance and boat insurance.
In keeping with its status as a customer-owned, community-driven bank, Queensland Country Bank gives community grants to charities and community groups in the local area, such as Home Hill Community Kindergarten.
Points of praise
- With a number of long-standing customers, some dating back to the bank’s opening in 1971, Queensland Country Bank’s outstanding, personable customer service is a recurring point of praise amongst reviewers. Customers appreciated that both branch staff and phone staff were consistently friendly and helpful.
- Queensland Country Bank’s smooth loan application processes were lauded by customers, particularly home loan applications, which were handled with care and without stress.
- The bank’s SmartBudget feature has been around for decades, and customers are still using it today, and reporting that it’s a great help in avoiding financial strain.
Points to consider
- Membership is open to Australians living in any state, not just Queensland. Some reviewers reported taking out home loans that went smoothly, despite being in another state. However there are also no physical branches in other states, which could be inconvenient depending on your banking preferences.
- According to reviewers, not all Queensland Country Bank cards are compatible with Samsung Pay digital wallets - meaning you can’t use them in conjunction with a Samsung smart watch or smartphone.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.