Heather

HeatherNorth West, QLD

first timer

Staff greeted me in a friendly manner.
They assisted me with my questions.
What they could not do straight away, they found out about and notified me.
They even gave me some suggestions.

Dorothy

DorothySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy

The first year when Bank opened.
yes never any complaints
Allways ready to give A1 information and are very helpfull.
Staff have been like a family , very happy to put me on the right track.
We have moved to Brisbane 25 year ago. we have been very happy to keep up out account with the QC B.

TopicGeneral Transactions
Emma

EmmaNorth Queensland, QLD

Could not recommend this bank more!

I have been with QC Bank for 8 years since getting my first hone loan. All of the staff have always been extremely helpful and informative every time I have enquired about anything.
I also cannot recommend the Smart Budget enough! it is absolutely a life saver. If you do not have it already, do yourself the best favour you can, call your local branch and make an appointment, you will not regret it!
Personal loans area could use some work as my experience with that was a little extended but these things do happen, sometimes there are unforseen circumstances.

Banks

Find out how Queensland Country Bank compares to other Banks

Bruce Meters

Bruce MetersSouth East Queensland, QLD

I like the good service

I have been with Credit union over 45 years staff are all frindley giving good service and a smart Bbuget is a good service fore all my bills thank you

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

Robyn H.

Robyn H.

Very good system. Don’t change it, just get used to system then you update.

22 year clients. Very reliable. Always great . We always talk to our branch, Picnic Bay, where we always get great quick service. And lovely speaking to a human who knows their job.

Nev Cifuentes

Nev CifuentesFar North Queensland, QLD

Banking exellence

I have been with this bank 20+ years and always found staff helpful with reliable products. Suggest non members consider the use of this bank for all their future banking needs.

Dan Hardy

Dan HardyNorth Queensland, QLD

Long time member

Been a member since 1989 when it was a credit union in a donga at QNI.
Totally reliable over many years for all requirements including home loan.
Always personal and professional service provided either by phone or face to face.

See all Queensland Country Bank reviews

NSW M.asked

Queensland Country Bank

what is queensland country bank?

Schuby

Schubyasked

Queensland Country Bank

Why have you recieved all
Negative below par response from public

slorr
slorr

I cannot believe how bad they are. Before the merger when they were Queenslanders credit union- they were 100% - absolutely great..but now down to minus100%. I cannot believe how bad there service is, their care factor and their IT. They really should not be allowed to trade now...

Queensland CountryQueensland Country Bank

Hello and thanks for your question. We have never actively encouraged any of our 100,000 happy Members to leave us a rating on ProductReview, so the platform seems to have only been used when we have unfortunately not lived up to customer expectations.

The handful of current reviews do not reflect the high standards of service that our team strives towards each and every day, as we have done for the past 50 years.

We are currently working on a plan to invite our Members to engage with us on ProductReview and we’re confident this will result in a more accurate reflection of our overall service in helping people to live better lives through better finances.

If you have any more questions about Queensland Country, we would be more than happy to answer them for you. All the best!

NSW M.

what is queensland country bank?

Get an answer from our members and Queensland Country Bank representatives

Services

Provides a number of personal banking and business banking services.

Branch and digital banking options

Branches are distributed throughout Queensland, including Brisbane, Cairns, Ipswich, Mackay and Townsville. There are also digital banking options.

Personal banking services

These include transaction accounts, savings accounts, credit cards, home loans, personal loans such as new car loans, secured personal loans, home renovation loans and unsecured personal loans, international transfers, international payments and foreign exchange.

Queensland Country Bank’s unique SmartBudget feature provides an online portal to track and pay bills in one place, and divides up all your expenses into consistent amounts - whether with weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments.

Business banking services

Basic and Platinum business accounts, online saver accounts, Business fixed term deposits, business loans, commercial overdrafts, business Visa credit cards, and business payment solutions.

Insurance services

Health insurance, home and contents insurance, car insurance, caravan insurance, travel insurance, landlords insurance and boat insurance.

Community initiatives

In keeping with its status as a customer-owned, community-driven bank, Queensland Country Bank gives community grants to charities and community groups in the local area, such as Home Hill Community Kindergarten.

Points of praise

• With a number of long-standing customers, some dating back to the bank’s opening in 1971, Queensland Country Bank’s outstanding, personable customer service is a recurring point of praise amongst reviewers. Customers appreciated that both branch staff and phone staff were consistently friendly and helpful.
  • Queensland Country Bank’s smooth loan application processes were lauded by customers, particularly home loan applications, which were handled with care and without stress.
  • The bank’s SmartBudget feature has been around for decades, and customers are still using it today, and reporting that it’s a great help in avoiding financial strain.

Points to consider

• Membership is open to Australians living in any state, not just Queensland. Some reviewers reported taking out home loans that went smoothly, despite being in another state. However there are also no physical branches in other states, which could be inconvenient depending on your banking preferences.
  • According to reviewers, not all Queensland Country Bank cards are compatible with Samsung Pay digital wallets - meaning you can’t use them in conjunction with a Samsung smart watch or smartphone.

Other Banks