Community Mentor

Community MentorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ease of access online

I have been a member of the Credit Union that has now merged with the Qld Country Bank for some 50+ years.
Since my retirement I love the ability to the online access to general payments, transfers etc

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions
Lynn S.

Lynn S.North Queensland, QLD

Enjoyable experience

I think I have been with the bank about 10 maybe 11 years . The staff are very helpful and friendly and polite its a joy to do business with them

TopicGeneral Transactions

Kenneth W.

Kenneth W.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent system that is easy to use.

I have been a member of Credit Union that has merged with the Qld Country Bank for 46 years.
It is a very reliable bank.
Excellent customer service since the day I joined it.

Find out how Queensland Country Bank compares to other Banks

Great people to deal with made to feel like a valued customer

I have been with the bank for quite some years now and have found the branch to reliable ,friendly and helpful . Have always felt like a valued customer. Experience feels more like a local business than the big banks

Veronica H.

Veronica H.North Queensland, QLD

Queensland Country Bank

Have been banking with this bank forever- everything & everyone is always great & nothing is ever too much trouble no matter which branch you are at - service with a smile always!

TopicGeneral Transactions

Michael J.

Michael J.North West, QLD

Great bank!

Been with this bank for approx 2 years. Super friendly, they know our names when we walk in. Very helpful and the they’re great with the kids!
Would recommend to anyone !

David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nothing short of brilliant

Only a short period but the difference between Qld County Bank and my previous financial institution is immeasurable with QCB out in front by a “ country” mile - great - Excellent - brilliant

Lee H

Lee HNorth Queensland, QLD

Friendly and helpful staff

Have just switched over from CBA and to date have had nothing but helpful friendly staff that have helped us in our transition from the loan staff to bank staff. Have answered all our queries in a friendly and professional manner

Dave

Dave Far North Queensland, QLD

Best service I have ever imagined

Bank manager went more than the extra mile to help me get my dream home
I am a new member and member of the ETU
Graham Bennett even went to photograph the land to dispute the value of the land because HV lines were visible in the far distance

Single Dad

Single DadFar North Queensland, QLD

Great support and innovative products

I am a new customer and the service was efficient and friendly. I had done some research on the types of accounts that would help me budget better and Queensland Country Bank had the product that suited my needs. Staff were great at helping me set up.

Yvonne Woolacott

Yvonne WoolacottDarling Downs, QLD

Very happy with the level of service.

All Staff are warm and very easy to deal with. Both Shane and Amanda went over and above to make sure we understood the process. It was very pleasant experience.

TopicLoan Application

Frances

FrancesCentral Queensland, QLD

Rockhampton Branch is the best

I have only been with the bank for a month, because of their attitude went and cancelled my existing acccounts at another bank and opened an account with Queensland Country Bank. So glad I did

Keith m.

Keith m.Central Queensland, QLD

Care and attention

The manager at Canelands mackay. I found him to be honest and caring. Explained in detail all the product details. The requirements that I needed to be aware of. Looking forward to continuous service

John Godfrey

John Godfrey South East Queensland, QLD

Great bank, the best to deal with and with!

I have been with QBC since about 1996 or '97 and they are the best people to deal with and l sincerely recommend the bank to everyone, they are terrific people to see and to deal with!
Cheers and kind regards to all, John Godfrey.

Brooke

BrookeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely satisfied customer

Just opened my account and they looked after me with everything I was wanting. Staff were extremely friendly and quick at there job. So happy with my change of bank!

talltype

talltypeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would not be with any other Bank.

Been a member with QCCU/QCB for over 22 years. They are always there to advise, assist or help. The staff - I don't have words to complement them. Would not change for anything.

Gerry P.

Gerry P.Southwest, VIC

I really love the Online Experience especially as I live interstate in Victoria

Great Bank and was a great Credit Union.

My husband has been with the QCCU/QCB before it was known by these names way back in Mt Isa - 1981.
I've been with them for 26 years.
The bank is exceptionally reliable only issues that have arisen is the change in operating hours not being open late one night of the week or on Saturday has made it more difficult to get to a branch before it closes. My customer experience has been like dealing with friends.....like you would find at a small country town bank. :-)

Des

DesNorth West, QLD

Customer Service Champs

I've been a member since 2012 and can't fault the customer service as always friendly and professional. Online service, phone app and health insurance all great products. Staff are Qld Countrys best asset

splantmk

splantmkNorth Queensland, QLD

Excellant

The first year when Bank opened.
yes never any complaints
Allways ready to give A1 information and are very helpfull.
Staff have been like a family , very happy to put me on the right track

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
See all Queensland Country Bank reviews

NSW M.asked

Queensland Country Bank

what is queensland country bank?

Schuby

Schubyasked

Queensland Country Bank

Why have you recieved all
Negative below par response from public

slorr
slorr

I cannot believe how bad they are. Before the merger when they were Queenslanders credit union- they were 100% - absolutely great..but now down to minus100%. I cannot believe how bad there service is, their care factor and their IT. They really should not be allowed to trade now...

Queensland CountryQueensland Country Bank

Hello and thanks for your question. We have never actively encouraged any of our 100,000 happy Members to leave us a rating on ProductReview, so the platform seems to have only been used when we have unfortunately not lived up to customer expectations.

The handful of current reviews do not reflect the high standards of service that our team strives towards each and every day, as we have done for the past 50 years.

We are currently working on a plan to invite our Members to engage with us on ProductReview and we’re confident this will result in a more accurate reflection of our overall service in helping people to live better lives through better finances.

If you have any more questions about Queensland Country, we would be more than happy to answer them for you. All the best!

NSW M.

what is queensland country bank?

Get an answer from our members and Queensland Country Bank representatives

Services

Provides a number of personal banking and business banking services.

Branch and digital banking options

Branches are distributed throughout Queensland, including Brisbane, Cairns, Ipswich, Mackay and Townsville. There are also digital banking options.

Personal banking services

These include transaction accounts, savings accounts, credit cards, home loans, personal loans such as new car loans, secured personal loans, home renovation loans and unsecured personal loans, international transfers, international payments and foreign exchange.

Queensland Country Bank’s unique SmartBudget feature provides an online portal to track and pay bills in one place, and divides up all your expenses into consistent amounts - whether with weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments.

Business banking services

Basic and Platinum business accounts, online saver accounts, Business fixed term deposits, business loans, commercial overdrafts, business Visa credit cards, and business payment solutions.

Insurance services

Health insurance, home and contents insurance, car insurance, caravan insurance, travel insurance, landlords insurance and boat insurance.

Community initiatives

In keeping with its status as a customer-owned, community-driven bank, Queensland Country Bank gives community grants to charities and community groups in the local area, such as Home Hill Community Kindergarten.

Points of praise

• With a number of long-standing customers, some dating back to the bank’s opening in 1971, Queensland Country Bank’s outstanding, personable customer service is a recurring point of praise amongst reviewers. Customers appreciated that both branch staff and phone staff were consistently friendly and helpful.
  • Queensland Country Bank’s smooth loan application processes were lauded by customers, particularly home loan applications, which were handled with care and without stress.
  • The bank’s SmartBudget feature has been around for decades, and customers are still using it today, and reporting that it’s a great help in avoiding financial strain.

Points to consider

• Membership is open to Australians living in any state, not just Queensland. Some reviewers reported taking out home loans that went smoothly, despite being in another state. However there are also no physical branches in other states, which could be inconvenient depending on your banking preferences.
  • According to reviewers, not all Queensland Country Bank cards are compatible with Samsung Pay digital wallets - meaning you can’t use them in conjunction with a Samsung smart watch or smartphone.

Other Banks