QuickFlix

QuickFlix (page 2 of 55)

3.2 from 1,089 reviews

See the Best Music / DVD Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Chris L-D

Chris L-DPerth

Something fishy in Denmark

No discs received for over 3 weeks now and when I complained I got a terse reply that they were sorry and the reason was that the disc folders had not arrived from China. However, I was offered an extra DVD for my troubles. Will it ever arrive? I'm not holding my breath. Is this a good business gone bad, if so it's a shame but if I get charged a monthly fee for Zero discs I'll be straight on to Consumer Affairs. I can sympathize with QF if they are having problems with their supplier but they ethically should have told their customers and made fair compensation, not waited till I complained.

DanBrisbane

Another Lost Customer

Duped

DupedConcord

Latest Seasons of DVD Series not available

New Seasons of DVD Series are not available. Quickflix's new owners are not growing the DVD library with the latest seasons of DVD series. Sadly, Quickflix is dying - it's just a matter of time before they quit the DVD mail outs and only do streaming and then go into liquidation AGAIN. A great example of Accountants destroying a business by cost cutting. Luckily my local Library has many of the latest seasons of DVD series that are unavailable at Quickflix and these can be borrowed for 3 weeks at a time for free. Examples are "Suits", "Call the Midwife", "Game of Thrones", "Modern Family" etc etc. I'm wondering why I am paying Quickflix for this rapidly declining level of service.

UFO

UFOCanberra 2600, ACT

I've had to update my previous review.... these guys are going down hill, fast :(.

KarSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Was a member for 6+ years & somethings gone BAD!!!

KarS

FYI After complaining on their Facebook wall and messaging them through FB I finally got a return contact - the money will apparently be refunded, and I've closed my account. Sad to see this system go downhill.

Don't know what this means !!

I've updated my credit card details as you requested . But still getting a message saying I haven't done this !! Have you got a phone number ??

Preston Scott

Preston ScottAdelaide

JUST PLAIN BAD

I was with Quickflix for 6 years + They changed to not accepting phone calls and emails ONLY.The service went to the ' toilet ' and however I tried to contact them, they just did not reply or attempt to fix the problem. I see it as a company that just didn't move with the times, lost to the likes of Bigpond and Netflix..SAD that the management just plain ignored the customer..An old saying " a customer is NOT and interruption to your job, they are the reason you have one" ..was lost and forgotten. Quickflix, will become "quickbroke" ..

Deanna

DeannaWagga wagga

Horrible! Cancelled but keep taking money.

Absolutely appalled by this company. I had canceled my subscription over 6 months ago yet they still are taking monthly fees out. I have tried calling. Number is disconnected. And I have tried emailing. All I get is a response saying please confirm your details. I have done this on many occasions yet that's as far as I get with them. I've called my bank multiple times. Now I've had to cancel and block my current card and have a new one sent out.

Aaron m

Aaron mBrisbane

What is happening with Quickflix?!

scammed me

A Total Scam.

I tried to sign up for a free trial thinking I would test the streaming app that was pre-installed on my new TV. The website deemed me ineligible but before long, DVDs began to arrive. I made sure there was no active subscription and removed my payment details but then to my surprise, my CC was charged $24.99. Didn't stream a thing. I requested a refund and was refused. Incredible. I will be disputing the charge and complaining to ACCC.

Draik

DraikPerth

So sad to see this company bee so bad lately.

Their streaming service has a really small library (unfortunately they don't have rights to a lot of new titles ) Their DVD library potentially could be great, but very hard to get a hold of non main stream titles anymore and the popular ones take weeks to arrive and it's quite expensive in today's competitive market.

Terrible Service

I have been with Quickflix for over 5 years. There services is shocking, you never receive the allotted Discs you pay for anymore. I feel I am being ripped off.

Quickflix What a scam!!

I have just recently found out quickflix has been charging me $9.99 for as long as I've had my PlayStation 4 and I haven't even used it in close to two years. I think they've been taking that amount for 2 years.

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Very limited device support (no Android TV apps!?!), flakey Android app, charged me for the trial

No Android TV app (seriously?). Android app crashes every time I try and cast a movie via ChromeCast/GoogleCast. DRM errors on playback (at least these are transient, unlike all the above issues).

The trial was a schmozzle: the Google Play promo code didn't work, and when I signed up for the general "free" trial anyway, they charged me. I see from the reviews here that they've a track record of doing this. I currently have a support ticket open to get that reversed, then I'm cancelling.

John H

John HAdelaide

Do not waste your money subscribing

wudangtgier

wudangtgiermelbourne

Website won't allow you to cancel

Quickflix's appalling service has got steadily worse since they went into administration last year. No call center service, very slow deliveries. So I've decided to cancel ... only to find that I can't access my account details! You have to wonder how much of this is deliberate attempts to desperately hang on to customers and keep revenues trickling in. It's a pity - my blue ray home theater will now be partly redundant, but I will not continue with this nonsense. Yes, next steps are complaints to ACCC and checking for a class action lawsuit for commercial malpractice.

Andrew

AndrewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does not work

I signed up to start the trial and it did not work. I was however allowed to watch the movie trailers. What a joke!

Quickflix Scamming me - contacting ACCC today to complain!

Lena

LenaAuckland

Awful service, waste of money

Small selection of movies, multiple errors, one was asking me to pay when i had credits available, another was after paying for a movie it asked me to pay again, another was not playing subscription movies. ..never ending problems and customer service replies after 6 days adressing one issue and ignoring others. Never again.

Amanda T

Amanda Tasked

I am very frustrated I cannot speak to anyone I have tried to cancel this three months ago you’re still taking money I have not had an active account for nine years I’ve only just recently found out you’ve been taking it for nine years I get a generic email to reply to and I get nothing I’ve sent multiple emails to contact me as this is over $6000 that I am legitimately out of pocket due to a service I have not had nor been contacted about what can I do to get this resolved thanks

Daniel S.
Daniel S.

go to the ombudsman or the office of fair trading

Ron
Ron

From what I have read previously, people have had to cancel the card/account they use to pay Quickflix. I have complained to fair trading and all they suggested was to use another service . Quickflix isn’t based in Australia so there is nothing Australian authorities can do.

Dianne R.
Dianne R.

I have been trying to cancel for two years. I do not even live in Australia now and they keep taking the money out if my card

Danasked

Looks like quickflix website is down again - This time even the help.quickflix.com.au site is down.
For the technically savvy the entire "quickflix.com.au" domain is not registered with DNS. Lets hope its a change of website hosting providers and not the company going bust without notice.

Dan

...and the phone number for Quickflix Limited (1300 138 644) is disconnected...

Lynne
Lynne

I cancelled my subscription months ago and informed my bank not to pay any more funds to them. I suspect they have money problems but to my knowledge they have not made any announcements!! I do know their movies were getting older and older and I suspected trouble long ago what with competing with newer streaming companies. When you cannot contact a company they do not deserve any business!

Jude Pasked

Why are you uncontactable???? No phone numbers, website unavailable .... I intend to cancel my debit card on Monday to prevent any more monthly payments being taken out until I know what's going on

T Mac

sorry Jude I do not know, it looked ok then it died maybe they are trying to fix it, I hope so.

Jude P

By "trying to fix it" I assume you're referring to the website? That's only a symptom of the real issue, which is why is Quickflix suddenly uncontactable, usually a sign a business is folding. Is there anyone who can actually front up to their offices in Perth and find out what is going on? It seems to me that Quickflix are continuing to take members' monthly payments when in fact they may not be trading any longer.

T Mac

It looks like it working fine today, just sign out each time you visit the site

Get an answer from our members and QuickFlix representatives

CategoryMusic / DVD Shops