Ego QV Body Wash

Ego QV Body Wash

Crap

Dries out your skin so bad, Cetaphil leaves this crappy product for dead. Avoid this product, you are better off using bar soap as it leaves your skin less dry.

toni_nakama

toni_nakamaNSW, 2035

Bad

My GP and the chemist recommended this to me so I had a try. It did not really help solve my dermatitis. I still had to apply lots of sorbolene lotion on my skin, so what's the use of buying this expensive product if it is not really helpful in keeping my skin moisturized and in good condition?
It leaves a smooth feel on the skin after the shower. It is scent-free which makes me think that it is not harsh on the skin.
It is expensive. I don't think that a regular family earner can afford to buy an expensive wash like this for the entire family. Regular wage earners would prefer a family bar soap or sorbolene soap which is a lot cheaper than this wash. Also, it did not help me with my skin condition.

aussiemummy

aussiemummy

Bad

I do not feel clean after using this product. It seems to leave a film on the skin and does not feel refreshing. I think it makes a good facial cleanser but I personally don't like it as a body wash. It doesn't lather either.
leaves skin soft
no smell

Body Washes & Shower Gels

Find out how Ego QV Body Wash compares to other Body Washes & Shower Gels

tashlgreen

tashlgreenAustralia

Bad

I bought QV wash as it was recommended for sensitive skin. I didn't really find that it helped a lot and it was very expensive to keep buying. I later discovered that there are some chemicals in this product that aren't very good for your skin. I have since found better and cheaper products to use as a wash for sensitive skin.
Good to use as a hand wash if you don't like the ones that have a very strong fragrance
It has such a good reputation for sensitive skin yet there are many chemicals in it that are not good for sensitive skin.

Bad

In the end, my advice is to research on the item that you are using including the ingredients, to ensure that there no health hazards, before deciding if you wish to continue.
I just purchased it and seems okay, no irritation so far.
However, when I saw some organic shampoos stating: "No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate used", I checked out the ingredient of QV body wash and to my shock, it has "Sodium Lauryl Sulfate" in it.

Extract found from website: What Science Says About Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: In its final report on the safety of sodium lauryl sulfate, the Journal of the American College of Toxicology notes that this ingredient has a "degenerative effect on the cell membranes because of its protein denaturing properties."

KTAasked

Do you use soap with Qv wash please help

RogerR
RogerR

No, you don't need to use soap with QV.
QV **is** your soap!
We find it best to use with a loofah glove eg Manicare Exfoliating Gloves

Bobsysue
Bobsysue

No KTA, the QV takes the place of your soap or body wash, usually because it is used for sensitive skin and is gentler. It's really super - I wouldn't be without it. It's really economical too - we buy the largest bottles and put it into smaller bottles in the shower - and you only need a very small amount as it froths up really well.
Good luck - I'm sure you'll love it
Susan K

KTA

Thanks so much for answering my question it really helped me alot

Emma Mires

Emma Miresasked

is QV wash ok to use in "those" areas your told not to use soap?

brian

Yeah I use it pretty everywhere when I used it except when washing my behind though it might not do any damage though if you are extra concerned perhaps you should consult your doctor

remi

remiasked

Is it 100 percent safe for new born baby?

helen
helen

I'd think it would be. We have to use detergent free deoderant ut I think I coud use it on my new grandchlld. and congratulations.

brian

It should be alright as the ingredients are specifically put together for sensitive skin

CategoryBody Washes & Shower Gels