RAA Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (9)

Megan H.

Megan H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awful experience making claims

We are waiting to cancel our policy. We have been told the car was written off, after refusing the initial offer of settlement (we could not replace our car for the amount offered) the assessor changed his mind and agreed to raise the price.
After 5 weeks with no car he then decided to investigate if the car would be worth fixing.
I have had to continually call and be shunted from one department to another we are now nearly 7 weeks in and waiting for a settlement.
Would never use them again!!!!

Bernie H.

Bernie H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Price increases and raise the excess

I am a gold member with RAA insurances, i have multiple policies with them, never made a claim in 25 years, and they have raised all their premiums and also raised their excesses, time for change, bad customer service.

J costello

J costelloMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

agreed value dropped

disgusted bought car 2020 for $11000 had agreed value comprehensive 1 year later i checked my policy they dropped my agreed value to $5000 Told them where do they think I can find a Terriory 2009 limited edition perfectly straight no damage at all very low ks for that price what a joke switched to Shannons so glad it did

Dan

DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware of non refundable monthly premiums

RAA sent our motor vehicle renewal it had a big increase of 33% with no claims made in the period of insurance. I went ahead cancelled my insurance policy effective that day as I found a cheaper insurer with same level of cover. Still had 3 weeks left until our renewal due to expire i decided just to cancel immediately as I had placed cover elsewhere. Advised they DON'T offer refunds for monthly premiums paid. Our refund should of been around $60.
Please keep this in mind!

kerbarb

kerbarbAdelaide, South Australia

Unbelievable, quick resolution and good resolution.

I had the unfortunate experience in having my Caravan written off due to an accident. The assessor stopped his holidays just to assess our loss due to the sum of the claim. The call takers in every department were friendly, courteous and very helpful. In just 3 working days, the payout was in my bank account. Can not speak more highly of the cover or customer service.

Eloise Carey

Eloise CareyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best insurance provider around

I’ve been a member of the RAA for 10 years with home and contents insurance, car insurance and roadside assist, they have helped me more times then I can count. I could not be happier with the service they provide, their staff are so friendly and helpful, their prices are very fair. They genuinely care about their customers. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Disgusted

DisgustedAdelaide

Rude call centre staff!!!

Call centre staff need training in how to LISTEN to a customer and not assume they know what they are going to say and talk over the top of them. I politely asked if I could speak THREE times and was talked over each and every time!!! All I was trying to do was update my payment details!!! Terrible customer service. SO RUDE.

Frencham8

Frencham8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy With Car Insurance

Good price and FANTASTIC service. I can't speak more highly enough about RAA Car Insurance. Over the years I have gone to a number of insurers, and whilst RAA might be slightly higher, the quality of their service has always been 10/10.

Happy H.

Happy H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible RAA, DO NOT USE RAA

DO NOT use RAA if your car is a new car, or very new car, or expensive car within/around warranty, RAA NOT cover your car with original/genuine classes if your car's glasses damaged even brand new car according to RAA policy!! You must know this. RAA has a special deal with Obrian, RAA only give you off market glasses, NOT your car original glasses. Horrible company, no star.

barbara s.

barbara s.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

On merry go round by staff after claim

Wouldn't recommend

RAA agreed to the value of $17500 but only want to pay $10620 on my claim. They offered me $8000, then $10620 and now it's back at $8000. I have been called a liar in a letter, told me fauls information on evidence, told me no matter how much you spend on a car all premiums are the same, told me that I have to sort the difference of payout with the dealer I brought car from that it's not their issue and are changing their rembursment offer. Everyone I talk to tells me something different, there is nothing to this that makes sense. I will never use RAA again. 3 months later, no car and still fighting to have my claim accepted. They have started a new policy and charge me $73.33 per month and I don't even have a car

Rick

RickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Couldn't Care Less

Brand new car. Then after 12 months offered to insure for 40% less than purchased Price.
Reduced premium by $2.00.
Contacted RAA and said cancel Policy.
CS said you will lose your lifetime replacement? Please, what a joke.
Does not replace old for new.
Goodbye

Monkey man

Monkey manSouth Australia

15% increase in one year

Insurance renewal arrived and had risen by 15% with no circumstances having changed since last renewal. Phoned raa and was told that they would only lower the renewal fee if I increased the excess. Another vehicle renewal due the day before had only risen by 1.8% year to year. Operator was not interested in trying to review the insurance or lower the amount. I've been with raa for 22 years and have a multi policy discount. Prior to calling had received quotes from five other insurance companies. All had similar or better benefits, with all being cheaper. Very disappointed, with raa. I have no choice, other than moving my insurance elsewhere.

Paul R.

Paul R.South Australia

Reasonably happy with cover.

Car stolen and recieved settlement very quickly after 21 day cooling off period, awesome!
However if you claim for loss of personal items which was partbof my claim, please make sure you have 'Proof of Ownership'.
I lost a highly collectable vintage surfboard but its only word of mouth without sufficient proof, of ownership.
Happy to now have another car, but painful lesson learned.

davinder k.

davinder k.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't get deceived by their being local advertiment

When my brother in law bought his first car after arriving in Australia. I have recommended RAA insurance to my brother in law. I thought it will be easy for him to deal with the local company. After couple of months he had an accident. Both the drivers are with RAA. Now raa is trying to find excuses for not to pay the compensation. After month they still can't determine who is at fault and want both drivers to pay excess . They treat the policy holder as thieves and refuse to acknowledge their duty. We will be lodging a complaint with office of business and consumer affairs soon.
To me this company has third world mentality. Stay away from them.

Ali T.

Ali T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

RAA refused my claim and cancelled my Comprehensive Policy after an accident

Gordy

GordyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unfair Insurance Provider

aasya i.

aasya i.

Extremely difficult to get your claim processed.

I have been with insurance company for nearly 5 years. Its pretty smooth if its a one way traffic- they charging us money, it becomes very difficult when we lodge a claim. Definitely changing all my cars to a different insurer

Bevzy

BevzyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst customer service in terms of claims... Rear ended by someone and flee and still want me to pay the excess!!

Awful, stressful experience that's still going after a month

I was stopped in traffic and got hit by another car. My car is written off. I have new for old replacement. RAA still haven't paid out after a month. Every time you phone you get someone else. No care about the customer without a car and struggling with costs. 11 years a member. No care or consideration.