RAA Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (1)
Dan

DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware of non refundable monthly premiums

RAA sent our motor vehicle renewal it had a big increase of 33% with no claims made in the period of insurance. I went ahead cancelled my insurance policy effective that day as I found a cheaper insurer with same level of cover. Still had 3 weeks left until our renewal due to expire i decided just to cancel immediately as I had placed cover elsewhere. Advised they DON'T offer refunds for monthly premiums paid. Our refund should of been around $60.
Please keep this in mind!

zaheed h.

Find out how RAA Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Jess

Jess

Poor customer service

I rang for road side assistance as my car battery was dead, the lady who answered was extremely rude from the get go. She showed no empathy what so ever and her tone was appalling. In an already stressful situation she made it 10times worse. Safe to say I didn't get the raa out and called a friend instead!

Insurance claim madeNo

BIG OAdelaide

Insurance taking to long.

The wife and I were hit by a car that didn't stop at the stop sign. police did tests with us, we don't do drugs or drink. cleared of all wrongdoing and not speeding.car is a write-off. but RAA they are not like other insurance company's, very slow to pay us out. we live in the country and have no car.sadly we have been hit 4 times and never our fault. but other insurance company's fixed the car or paid us out very quickly and was in contact with us all the time. this is very bad.

BIG O

Will do so, when my wife gets home.thank you.

MamaluchkaAU

Expensive and unfair cancellation policy!

Mamaluchka

It's been nearly a week since the above and I replied, as requested. No word since. Unimpressive, to say the least. I will post again on this website, should some genuine move from them be forthcoming!

Mamaluchka

Latest update on this dodgy saga; they sent me a renewal membership advice for another year. Can you believe it??? Will they respect my cancellation request this time? Enough to give you a blood pressure spike!!

Ines

InesAdelaide

Membership

Insurance claim madeNo
RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Ines, I'm sorry to hear about the towing issue you have had and the customer service as well. I will send this feedback on to our team to help improve our customer service. Kind regards, Gemma

Sinead

Sinead

3rd party insurance is not fit for purpose

Poor claims experience

Six months to arrange for replacement of carpet following water damage claim . Appointed loss adjuster and never followed anything up. Had to remove carpets ourselves and arrange disposal. Once adjuster was appointed they wiped their hands of our situation, always refered us back to the adjustors. Disappointing outome after 20 + years of insurance with RAA.

Car Insurance

Find out how RAA Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

asleep

asleep

Bad

Be careful when getting insurance from the RAA. I had comprehensive car insurance with them and someone ran into the back of me and because there was other damage to the car they would not pay out and cancelled my policy. All they had to do was fix the damage caused by the other driver and get it back from his insurance company. I had house and contents and 2 cars insured with them, now have none with and have gone elsewhere.

Trev Smith

Trev Smithasked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

What is third party property insurance policy

adila704

adila704asked

RAA Car Insurance

I have comprehensive car insurance ! Recently had accident! my car will be non - repairable. My car is used when we bought but it’s a 2017 Honda and was only done 10,000 and around 40,000 on the clock right before the crash !, my question is , I read it in the PDS that car can be replaced with same model , year and condition ! We have loan with the car , and we only need a replacement car as we need a car anyways as we have 4 children ! Dose it possible to get replacement car instead the insurer pay out our loan and stuff ? This is my first claim ever! Hopefully will be hassle free as I already experienced a very unpleasant costumer services and stressing ! Praying for a good result ! Thank you !

Marelle S.asked

RAA Car Insurance

What is the average wait time for a pay out figure on a vehicle that has been written off under a comprehensive policy?

Douglas
Douglas

Hi Marelle, it took about eight weeks, but I delayed the process by not having my phone on hand (leaving it in the car and not checking the missed calls) when the RAA had tried to ring.

Marelle S.

Thanks Douglas. I have never encountered such a lack of customer service. It is causing me a huge amount of stress and financial pressure. I've been a RAA member for 17 years, and it means nothing. Never again.

Get an answer from our members and Royal Automotive Association representatives

Compare all 4 RAA Car Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeVeteran, Vintage and Classic VehicleComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterRAA InsuranceRAA InsuranceRAA InsuranceRAA Insurance
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $750Included up to $750Not IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedIncludedNot Included
Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $750Included up to $750Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

You will not be covered for hiring charges:

• incurred after the date of recovery of your vehicle, or

• after a total period of 21 days, or

• after the claim is settled,

If you have Third Party Property, Fire and Theft Car Insurance you will be covered for the cost of hiring a similar replacement vehicle if your vehicle is stolen.

• incurred after the date of recovery of your vehicle; or

• after a total period of 21 days; or

• after the claim is settled;

• incurred after the date of recovery of your vehicle; or

• after a total period of 21 days; or

• after the claim is settled;
Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $750Included up to $750Included up to $750Not Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,500Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $750Included up to $500Included up to $500Not Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier of 2 years from original registration

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $750Included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage
Malicious Damage / VandalismIncludedIncludedNot IncludedNot Included
FireIncludedIncludedIncludedNot Included
CollisionNot IncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Natural EventsIncludedIncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Theft or Attempted TheftIncludedIncludedNot IncludedIncluded
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 4 RAA Car Insurance