RAA Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (5) · No (0)
kerbarb

kerbarbAdelaide, South Australia

Unbelievable, quick resolution and good resolution.

I had the unfortunate experience in having my Caravan written off due to an accident. The assessor stopped his holidays just to assess our loss due to the sum of the claim. The call takers in every department were friendly, courteous and very helpful. In just 3 working days, the payout was in my bank account. Can not speak more highly of the cover or customer service.

Eloise Carey

Eloise CareyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best insurance provider around

I’ve been a member of the RAA for 10 years with home and contents insurance, car insurance and roadside assist, they have helped me more times then I can count. I could not be happier with the service they provide, their staff are so friendly and helpful, their prices are very fair. They genuinely care about their customers. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Frencham8

Frencham8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy With Car Insurance

Good price and FANTASTIC service. I can't speak more highly enough about RAA Car Insurance. Over the years I have gone to a number of insurers, and whilst RAA might be slightly higher, the quality of their service has always been 10/10.

Daniel Grace

Daniel GraceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

High class customer service

I am dealing with a stressful situationin relation to my car recently been hit.
Chloe Berry the customer rep for RAA is outstanding. She made my day by takin g care of my issue in organising a loan car she took that extra step and ensured the car hire place called me back. Chloe was so understanding only if more people were that professional. Great experience

Sukie

SukieSouth Australia

Could not imagine better service

After a family member suffering a vehicle write-off from an uninsured driver, far away from home, RAA did the ground-work ... didn't say it was too hard, phoned the tow-truck company, analysed photos in lieu of assessment being an option, top job RAA!

DouglasSouth Australia

Our claim handled with efficiency and care.

Took out comprehensive car insurance on our new car. Involved in an accident which was my fault and damaged the car beyond repair. RAA staff were efficient and helpful with our claim and replaced our car with a new one with no problems. Will now insure again with RAA. as they are the best. Douglas.

davros

davrosMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent insurer for custom cars

Came out to work one morning to a semi burnt out interior in my 03 Saab 93. Raw took the car that day (monday) and by weeks end had the claim settled. Could not ask for a better company in such a stressful time. The policy was well priced and agrees value ment my custom Saab was covered. The phone attendants understood and included all my mods. From intercooler to c02 systems and tunes.. Thank you RAA. You will have my future business and my families.

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Davros, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our insurance and claims process. We appreciate that! Have a lovely rest of your week. Kind regards, Gemma

bzerk86

bzerk86Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best Insurance I have Ever Dealt With

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Several claims made, all simple, easy and painless!

I have had the unfortunate need to make 4 car insurance claims in the last 5 years as well as 2 house claims . Each time my claim has been paid out after a quick assessing process. Most recently I had a windscreen claim, it shattered on a Sunday and via the online claim system, it was replaced on the Monday at my work! I will never consider using any other insurer than RAA.

Lauren

LaurenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wouldn't be without them

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Lauren, thanks so much for sharing your feedback! It's great that you've continued to be a member over the years and we're glad to hear we've been able to help you in so many ways. It's lovely to hear from our members. Kind regards, Laura

Jaz

Jaz

Outstanding service- THANK YOU

I have used them for under a year, have called them out twice now. Both times, great service.
My most recent callout, I had two staff members who were absolutely brilliant. Super friendly, great attitudes despite being called out in high winds/rain and from 6pm-7:30pm. More than impressed, have really gotten my money’s worth of service.

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Jaz, thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We're glad to hear you've been happy with our service and that we've been able to help you out. Kind regards, Laura

Graham

GrahamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a change from QBE

I changed insurers due to the appalling experience I had with QBE.
My experiences with RAA have been reassuring and helpful.
I am happy to pay a little more to get service that is nothing but the best.
Goodbye QBE.
Never again.

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Graham, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so glad to hear you've been happy with our products and service so far - great to have you on board as a member! Thanks again, Laura

Vidi

VidiAdelaide

Great Service!

Had an accident where a lady hit my motorcycle and I was wrongly accused by false report. RAA especially Sheree as my claim handler stood up for me and helped me through every process. I also got the result of my claim within 2 weeks. What a great job! will surely choose RAA for my next vehicle

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Vidi, thanks so much for your great feedback! We're glad to hear you were happy with the claims process and that everything was sorted out for you quickly. Thanks again for sharing! Cheers, Laura

RAA roadside assistance

i was in queensland and i needed road side assistance they send us RACQ to fix our car i really appreciate that.im with RAA for less than a year and im happy so far

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Shak, thanks for the lovely feedback, I will make sure this is sent on to our team. Kind regards, Gemma

Great customer service and amazing value!

I only joined RAA a few months ago and was involved in a car accident recently. RAA took care of everything for me, everything was sorted within the week and money transferred to me after my car was written off.
I would definitely recommended RAA!

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Trina, Thanks for the feedback on our claims. Glad to hear your car was sorted within a week, it must have been a scary time after having an accident. I'll pass on your feedback to our team. Thanks again, Gemma

Radelaide

RadelaideAdelaide

Excellent local call centre and good insurance service

The few times recently I have had to deal with RAA for car insurance they have been excellent. Calls are answered quickly in Australian call centres, the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Their fees are competitive and the website works well. 5 Stars from me.

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Radelaide, thank you for that great feedback. Yes, our team is proudly South Australian, based at Mile End, employing local people to serve our state. I'll make sure we send your feedback on to our team. Thanks again. Kind regards, Gemma

Ron3982

Ron3982Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best Insurance Company

Absolutely a company with high integrity, competative, combined with smooth operations after a car accident, where car was written off, claim made and settled within 4 days. Would not go anywhere else. Thanks RAA

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Ron, great to hear your lovely feedback on our insurance. I will ensure it is passed on to our team. Have a lovely week. Kind regards, Gemma

Kerri

Kerri

I love dealing with RAA

I have 2 vehicles insured with RAA (full comprehensive insurance) and my home and contents insurance AND RAA membership and I won’t deal with another insurance company. They are very helpful over the phone and easy to deal with and are good value for money. The more you register with them the more discount you get. You also get discount on other products like spec savers and some electrical companies

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Kerri, Glad to hear you have had a great experience with us! Kind regards, Gemma

Mark

MarkAdelaide

Insured for 1 month - Claimed - Great service

I have been with RAA Insurance for 1 month. I was involved in a rear end collision (I was the car that was hit) that wrote off my car.

I claimed using the app and then rang to finalise the claim.

RAA waived my excess and sent me 3 crash repairers that were close to home that I could go to as well as informed me that I could go to any approved repairer that I chose.

As I provided both my details and the other party's details, photos of the accident and the police report number, they made this process simple and asked just 10 questions to clarify the incident.

Very simple process and the customer service representative was a joy to deal with at a time when I was stressed due to the accident.

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Mark, Glad to hear you were able to get through your claim with ease. I will send this feedback on to our claims team. Kind regard, Gemma

Bill

Bill

Great insurance and road assist

Used road service a couple of times, got their in a reasonable time and problem sorted. With claim on accident all went smoothly with advice on repairer and my choice of repairer (not cheaper of 3 like some companys), People give 1 star because they cant make a claim out of business hours? Any insurance company where you can?

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Bill, thank you for your kind words about our insurance. Glad to hear you were able to sort out your claim with ease. I will pass on your feedback to our team. Kind regards, Gemma

Trev Smith

Trev Smithasked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

What is third party property insurance policy

adila704

adila704asked

RAA Car Insurance

I have comprehensive car insurance ! Recently had accident! my car will be non - repairable. My car is used when we bought but it’s a 2017 Honda and was only done 10,000 and around 40,000 on the clock right before the crash !, my question is , I read it in the PDS that car can be replaced with same model , year and condition ! We have loan with the car , and we only need a replacement car as we need a car anyways as we have 4 children ! Dose it possible to get replacement car instead the insurer pay out our loan and stuff ? This is my first claim ever! Hopefully will be hassle free as I already experienced a very unpleasant costumer services and stressing ! Praying for a good result ! Thank you !

Marelle S.asked

RAA Car Insurance

What is the average wait time for a pay out figure on a vehicle that has been written off under a comprehensive policy?

Douglas

Hi Marelle, it took about eight weeks, but I delayed the process by not having my phone on hand (leaving it in the car and not checking the missed calls) when the RAA had tried to ring.

Marelle S.

Thanks Douglas. I have never encountered such a lack of customer service. It is causing me a huge amount of stress and financial pressure. I've been a RAA member for 17 years, and it means nothing. Never again.

Get an answer from our members and Royal Automotive Association representatives

Compare all 4 RAA Car Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and LandlordHome and Contents and Landlord
Coverage TypeVeteran, Vintage and Classic VehicleComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterRAA InsuranceRAA InsuranceRAA InsuranceRAA Insurance
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowedAllowed
After Accident Care
Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $750Included up to $750Not IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedIncludedNot Included
Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $750Included up to $750Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

You will not be covered for hiring charges:

• incurred after the date of recovery of your vehicle, or

• after a total period of 21 days, or

• after the claim is settled,

If you have Third Party Property, Fire and Theft Car Insurance you will be covered for the cost of hiring a similar replacement vehicle if your vehicle is stolen.

• incurred after the date of recovery of your vehicle; or

• after a total period of 21 days; or

• after the claim is settled;

• incurred after the date of recovery of your vehicle; or

• after a total period of 21 days; or

• after the claim is settled;
Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $750Included up to $750Included up to $750Not Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,500Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $750Included up to $500Included up to $500Not Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Earlier of 2 years from original registration

Not Included

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $750Included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage
Malicious Damage / VandalismIncludedIncludedNot IncludedNot Included
FireIncludedIncludedIncludedNot Included
CollisionNot IncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Natural EventsIncludedIncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Theft or Attempted TheftIncludedIncludedNot IncludedIncluded
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 4 RAA Car Insurance