RAC Comprehensive Car Insurance

RAC Comprehensive Car Insurance (page 2 of 3)

2.6

Terrible experience

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Kellie H.

Kellie H.Perth, WA

RAC is no longer a good insurer.

I recently asked why my premium had gone up more than 20%, but I was met with an irrelevant scripted response, tetchy staff and misinformation. Go elsewhere. RAC has become so impressed by its own non-insurance products, such as the newsletter and discounts, that it's forgotten that its an insurer with clients who have an option to go elsewhere. So we did.

Angry of Perth

Angry of PerthPerth, WA

Really good customer service

After crashing with someone I found that dealing with the RAC was a relatively easy process, they went through all the steps in recovering the money, and informing us me much as possible all the way.
I did find that some questions I had couldn't be answered, as different departments were calling me for the different stages of the claim, but on the whole it worked out. I received the agreed money for the car within a week, and the withheld amount was refunded after about a month. Their site is currently a little misleading where it suggests you need to pay a sum of money while the claim is being processed, while in reality, it's just withheld from the money they pay you.

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf Mk.7

Lee

LeeSouth West, WA

RAC Car insurance

Car ModelJeep Wrangler
Ellen

EllenSouth West, WA

Friendly, quick fix & competent

My car was back ended while my daughter was driving by another car which did minimal damage but still damage. I attended the accident rang RAC while there to notify of accident. Lady on end of phone was calm, professional and very helpful. I rang later and gave info regarding the accident and was advised of repairer close to home. Contacted repairer when home booked car in and 1 1/2 weeks later my car is repaired , back to me and looks same as prior to accident. I have been with RAC for many years and other than breakdowns I have not had to use them for an accident. I would highly recommend the RAC as the dealings I have had in all dealings especially my insurance claim was very professional, friendly and swift result.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019
Car ModelFord Kuga TF.II Titanium
Seve T.

Seve T.Perth, WA

I really like RAC Assistance, Am I crazy?

I've been with RAC for 2 years now and used the roadside assistance once. It was a good experience, they helped me a lot. And about the quality of the attendance, I lost my wallet last week, a guy found it, called the RAC to tell them to contact me that he was with my wallet. Even with this lucky, the RAC did a awesome job contacting me with the guy to recieve back my wallet. Haha surprising. That's why I like RAC.

Claim MadeNo
Car ModelHolden Viva JF (Wagon)

It should be illegal to treat loyal customers like this...

Absolutely disgraceful to treat their loyal customers the way they do. I made a claim and was told 4 business days to assess my vehicle after being rear ended. An entire month had past and calling every single day of the week and complaining, to no avail. To this date they are still handling my claim with excuse after excuse and charging me a premium despite my refusal to do so. RAC are all liars, do not insure with them.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019
Car ModelSubaru Impreza
tas8923

tas8923South West, WA

Worst company ever

Worst insurance company ever for making claims can't tell you straight. Time lines are not meet or even made no help no real customer service no effort to keep the customer stay away spend a little more for the respect and decent customer service nearly 2 years for a claim

Claim DateAugust 2017
Car ModelMazda bt50
G. Hari

G. HariPerth, WA

Cost saving advice

I was there on 22/6/19 morning at RAC Cannington & was given good advice on how I can reduce my insurance policies & roadside assistance (2 cars & a possible motorcycle in the near future)... TQ

Alex S.

Alex S.

Terrible costumer service

Terrible terrible costumer service. We have been with QBI for years and the only reason we changed everything to Rac was that we could pay monthly. First claim we did was rejected because both cars were reversing in the car park even though my car was hit on the side!!!

Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Car ModelSubaru Outback 5GEN
Stew

StewWestern Australia

Price goes up every year

Car ModelHolden Cruze JH
Allen V.

Allen V.Perth, WA

Disgusting Effort

Walk away, whatever you do. This company is not worth the anguish.

We thought that we were getting a better deal because the policy was cheaper, but when a claim gets rejected for ridiculous reasons it ends up costing more in the end.

Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
auvarov

auvarovPerth, WA

Terrible attitude to loyal customers. Expensive

Katie

KatiePerth

Terrible service !!!! Telling customer (of 4 policies) that it is ok to move away

We have 2 cars and 2 houses policies with RAC, received a written quote few months back discount for "valued member" went straight to our junk mail so i called to accept the quote and the outcome ended up "no we stand for our quote" and I asked if we have quote from aami will the match or give us discount? "no we dont do match" and "yes it is ok you can move away"

Perfect ! I will move all our current policies away from you RAC as you wish!!

Car ModelBMW X1
Lauren

Lauren

RAC I think you forgot that I’m the customer!

Claim DateMarch 2019

Blake

BlakePerth, WA

Rip off! Don't reward loyal customers

Been with this mob for 8 years with no claims made ever.

2x cars insured
Home and contents insured
2x dogs insured through pet insurance

Made a pet claim which got rejected and I was treated like absolute crap. They didn't care if I had been with them for 1 month or 10 years.

After the poor customer service I went elsewhere for insurance and found out my car insurance was $50 a month cheaper elsewhere for the exact same policy.

Not only was I a loyal customer but they were ripping me off big time. RAC you should look after your long term customers a bit better!

Car ModelFord Ranger PX.II / PX.III

Very happy

Would have to be the best value insurance company in Australia. Do yourself a favor get a quote . I had a motorcycle stolen recently and I was amazed how easy and helpful they made things ....I'm a big fan thanks RAC

Kurt

KurtPerth, WA

Will Never Insure With The RAC Again..

Claim DateMarch 2019
rich

richPerth, WA

WARNING! STAY AWAY

Absolute scammers. NEVER AGAIN. Absolute nightmare trying to post a legitimate claim, that ended with them favouring the other car to save them money, when I was parked!!!!
Avoid like the plague!!

Mr S

Mr SPerth, WA

Worst customer service ever

My partner and myself are insured by the rac, (well my partner was cancelled) my partner missed two payments unaware as it was debited from a bank account she had forgotten to check on. They did not let us be aware of the missed payments so we could pay and she could continue to be insured, they cancelled her insurance and did not advise. My partner had a car accident. 2010 car unaware was uninsured by the rac. I had to use my savings to buy another car for my partner and the 2010 car ended up sold off to the wreckers. Might cancel, no, I will be cancelling my insurance also. Find a decent insurance company. Who actually care about customers