RACQ Comprehensive Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for RACQ? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.4
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (7)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (8)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (22) · No (9)

Liz
Liz

Excellent service , Excellent Insurance

RACQ were incredible helpful when looking for insurance. Whenever I hav required roadside assistance they have gone above and beyond to help me. I would wholeheartedly recommend RACQ to anyone looking for reliable and cost effective insurance.

Cat
CatPerth

RACQ penalise you for being a woman driver

RACQ penalise you for being a woman driver. That is disgusting! I have done several quotes at identical times, identical vehicles, identical details other than one male one female. The quote always comes out highest for female driver. I am not into woman’s lib but - When I called to query I was told it was because quotes were done seconds apart. No trying to requote or see the problem. Uncaring customer service. Absolutely disgusting!

James S.
James S.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Customer Service!

I called for help with insurance on my motor vehicles. Have a policy already but buying another family car. May was friendly and so informative and helpful. Excellent customer experience! Thanks May!

Find out how RACQ Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Only good for road side assist

Go to another car insurance company. To much to mention but the service is bad and when not at fault accident the service with assessor is based on rubbish.
Don’t waste your time and monies with this appalling service.

That’s exactly right

This month, I’m leaving RACQ. Cheers for that

Mary-Ann V.
Mary-Ann V.

Pathetic on hold wait times, no call back option or reply to email requests

Really poor service, we have tried to get our boat and car hail damage sorted, but they design the system too make life soooo difficult. Crazy people making decisions up top and the poor old person answering the phone to the punter is unsupported

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

Bob77AU

RACQ the only Car Insurance company I would recommend to anyone

rob
robSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good if you like hold music

Tried to follow up on the progress of a car claim on the phone. Spent + 45 minutes on hold. I'm currently on hold again checking progress on the same claim. Been on hold for 20 minutes so far. Once this claim is complete, I am changing all my insurance away from RACQ.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
John
John

Increasing costs for poorer service

Increase every year in premium of more than 10%, altho' inflation is 1% and the insured value drops! Very poor telephone service when I phoned to query or complain. SAD.

Scott D.
Scott D.

Price increases every year

Every year my car devalues but every year they increase my premium. Further to this I go through a 12 monthly routine where I have to ring to argue to have them remove the $50 they add to my premium that I wouldn't have to pay if I was signing up new.

Yakub Musa
Yakub Musa

Terrible customer service

The RACQ recommended repairer is the most unprofessional and extremely inefficient Repairer. Please NEVER EVER take you car to Gemini Wacol. They will frustrate you with with lies and broken promises. Cant understand why RACQ uses them as the preferred repairer. Unless they are dumped i am sorry to say RACQ will loose lots of customers.
If you have the patience to be pit on hold for up to 45 mins go ahead

Pissed
PissedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish service

Wrong description on my boat in regards to where it's kept voiding my insurance

Wrong description on my car trailer had to prove it to them. They put down a tandem car trailer as a pig trailer without tilt winch etc

Takes me 3 days to get a policy activated

Unable to operate a phone properly without disconnecting the line after the automated disclosure recordings

PS for all boat policy holders
Your boat has to be anchored down behind your fence line or in your garage

Loyalty means nothing

After 10+ years and a silver membership with them I had no policy for the year of 2020 they refuse to reinstate my membership level even though I now have a current policy. This will be my last year with them and most likely cancel this one as it is. I would never recommend RACQ to anyone ever again

Ally S
Ally SGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible - wouldn't ever go with them again.

high call volumes

RACQ is experiencing high call volumes since beginning of 2020, every time I call is a nightmare. Today 1 year later still the same problem. No only one time, I've called more than 10 times. Not worth the price.

Mark K.
Mark K.

2 strikes now and I'm leaving RACQ.

Read more reviews - page 2See all RACQ Car Insurance reviews