RACQ Comprehensive Car Insurance

RACQ Comprehensive Car Insurance (page 2 of 2)

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

If you're a regular driver, a good car insurance policy can grant you peace of mind. With so many providers and policies on the market, dipping into the policy pool can be confusing. Use this guide for tips on how to find the best, cheapest car insurance for you, whether comprehensive or third party.

Read now

1.3

Kat2705

Kat2705South East Queensland, QLD

Unbelievable price increase on premiums

Car ModelToyota Corolla
Helene

HeleneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Service from RACQ Insurance

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Pay Agreed Value Premium Receive Market Value Payout

Car Insurance

Find out how RACQ Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Car theft

Car stolen was for sale prospective buyer took the car to pay for the car in my bank account. Never happened and the car wasn't returned. Reported the car stolen to Police. Car recovered and in the Police holding yard. Car picked up by RACQ and assessed and was deemed as a repairable write off and reported to Department of Transport. 6 weeks it took RACQ to investigate the claim with minimal communication of the progress of the claim. Finally the outcome of the claim was declined as the car was not deemed stolen and car was involed in criminal activity and the car was taken to a salvage yard and I was then told I had to sort out what to do with it. I have escalated a complaint to ACFA

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes

Motorhome coverage Farcical.

racqNO

racqNOSouth East Queensland, QLD

Premium jump

It is easy to make a claim, they will look after you, But the premium jump of $98.00 from the previous year is just unexpectable, RACQ tells me it's an increment!!!! of $98.00.!!!
Have been with RACQ since 1999. RACQ road side for $139. and Car insurance for$456. this is a total of $595.
Youi is quoting me $302 with all the bells and whistles.

Car ModelMitsubishi ASX
Praneel Singh

Praneel SinghSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ripp off, trapped me, Gave me stressful headache, Had to pay my excess even though it was not my fault

Gave up on me, didn't even investigate well, it was not my fault. We pay insurance for them to work for us but they told me to take your car for RACQ repairer shop and it's not my fault and no excess fee from me, but 2 days before I had to pick my car they said I had to pay $750 excess fee to get my car, they lied n trapped me, cheated, so I had to pay the excess to get my car, I would have fixed the damage for $300 at other shops, they ripped me n lied to me trapped me, Please never go with RACQ, I strongly suggest. Staff are so rude too, just Ripp off, and stress , headaches.

Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Discussed

Discussed

Not happy

I have been with racq insurance forever and ctp yet this renewal they tack on 10% to my policy of 5 cars, no claims! Why? I check with other insurance company and beat their price no trouble, since they had the big change the company has gone backwards, no more business for them also staff not so nice anymore