RACV Travel Insurance - Domestic

RACV Travel Insurance - Domestic

3.8

The policy was easy to raise and the staff were helpful

I am particularly thankful to RACV refunding my two travel insurance policies because of COVID 19.
A special thanks goes to Eleonora who completely understood my situation and continued to track the refund for me. Many thanks Eleonora.

Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMay 2020

PkDCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Totally fantastic- a full refund

Our travel plans totally aborted due to travel restrictions related to COVID 19. Fortunately, pre-paid deposits etc were refunded. Delighted to find that RACV also prepared to refund our premium - thank you- always our first choice when purchasing travel insurance at home & abroad for more than 20 years. Well done again RACV!.

PkD

By all means- very happy for you to share/use my comments

Joanne

Joanne

Fantastic response

Have always used RACV for our travel insurance and as covid hit insurance was the last thing I thought about when cancelling trip but even though I emailed them 3 months after the trip was due they still gave me a substancial refund which I thought was fair, will use them again when the world returns to normal

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior
Travel Insurance

Find out how RACV Travel Insurance - Domestic compares to other Travel Insurance

Due to Covid19 trip Cancelled

Travel insurance for my trip to Norfolk Island was taken in February 2020 but due to corona virus was cancelled in July. Deposit of $500.00. was fully refunded as was RACV policy. Travel insurance with
your Company has been taken on 6-8 occasions

DestinationAustralia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2020

Refund of cancelled policy

Due to our cruise being cancelled....RACV have kindly refunded our travel insurance. It is appreciated that we can deal with RACV hassle free.A special thank you to Nick in assisting us with this matter

sue
sue

Yes I do give permission to share my review. My membership no is 1291090. Susanne L Riley.1 Don Grove Greensborough 3088.

RACV S.RACV

Hi Susanne. Thank you so much for providing your details. We have passed your feedback onto our Member Relations department. Kind regards, Sangita

Request for cancellation and refund of a travel insurance vehicle hire excess policy which became redundant.

By mid-March it became clear travel might leave us marooned at our destination. Approximately a week before we were due to travel to Perth, I requested cancellation of the policy (along with flights, vehicle hire and accommodation) .
RACV considered my request and the vehicle hire excess insurance premium was eventually refunded.

Refund of policy for trip cancelled because of COVID19

I applied for refund or credit for domestic travel insurance policy when the trip was cancelled because of restrictions placed on interstate travel due to COVID19. I received a full refund three weeks after the application. I wish to thank the Insurance section staff for the refund. Best wishes in these troubled times.

Andrea

AndreaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Disappointed

Insurance Cover ForAdult
RACV S.RACV

Hi Andrea, we are sorry to hear that our Travel Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you to discuss further.

Warm regards, Jon
Social Media Consultant

Farmer Ron

Farmer RonThe Mallee, VIC

Happy client!

My flight was cancelled due to the Corona Virus, I called to cancel my travel insurance, my phone was answered promptly and I was told I’d receive a refund and after two weeks I received notification that it was all settled.
Signed: Highly Delighted

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Robert Wilkins

Robert WilkinsGippsland, VIC

Cancellation of policy due Coronavirus cancellation.

Can I please thank the RACV for their immediate consideration for a refund Of my policy for domestic travel in late April. I rang the nominated phone number, the phone was answered on the second ring, mid afternoon, and within 2 minutes my request for a refund was being dealt with. Less than 24 hours later I received an email confirming a refund. Thank you for your brilliant service.

Rhiannon

RhiannonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cancellation of policy

Was able to cancel my travel insurance due to corona virus, not being able to travel with no hesitation.Will use again when I can rebook and its safe to travel.

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Quick Response

RACV responded very quickly, refunding me the cost of travel insurance when I was unable to travel due to Coronavirus travel restrictions. I'm very happy with RACV's high standard of service.

no name

no nameGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

good service

I have used R A C V travel Three Times at all times I have found the the people who I have spoken to Very Helpful Know there Jobs More then happy to review

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

TigerlilySouthwest, VIC

Exceptional Service -could not recommend more highly!

My parents, husband and myself have used RACV Travel insurance before, but have never needed to claim on it. It is very easy to take out and very reasonably priced in comparison with other companies. Unfortunately in this instance my Father passed away 2 weeks before we were due to go on a cruise together. The documentation was very easy to fill out and there was some simple communication to and fro so that they could get the required documents. We were all fully covered and refunded in a very timely manner.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Tigerlily

Dear Janice, More than happy for you to do that..please let me know exactly where/how I get that info to you....

Waste

WasteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refused claim for damaged laptop

My laptop was damaged during a cruise. I have no idea how. They refused to pay given the laptop left my possession, being when I had to give my luggage to the cruise ship staff upon boarding. No choice but to do this, but that's what they used to get out of paying my claim. After making me get a non refundable quote of $95 for assessing the damage.

Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
RACV S.RACV

Hi Waste, were sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Robert - Social Media Consultant.

Johnno

JohnnoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Car hire insurace rip off

Hire car insurance changed and doesnt cover multiple items eg windscreen, tyres & roof. Biggest rip off ever & a waste of time. This is not insuracne its revenue for no service.

Shaun M.

Shaun M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refusal by Tokio Marine to pay my claim

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Disgusted with outcome of insurance cover

Spoke with RACV agent on getting travel insurance to cover damage to hire vehicle traveling across northern WA, as the car rental company was charging exorbitant daily rates. We paid the car hire company $6,000 bond for any damage, which was the purpose of the insurance I took out - to insure against any deductions from this bond. Minor damage to bumper ($1,100) - but RACV insurer says the claim must be against an 'excess', not the 'bond' and refuses to payout. Very disappointed.

Insurance Cover ForAdult
I Luke

I LukeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not Perfect

All good with the exception of the need to increase rental car excess with a separate policy , there should be an option of adjustment without raising another policy,other companies offer this in their policy

Rude 1

Rude 1South Morang

Typically RACV

The RACV Consultant was very helpful and as a result we ended up with a policy tailored to our needs. We have all our insurances with RACV and won't shop anywhere else.