RACV Travel Insurance - Domestic

RACV Travel Insurance - Domestic

Farmer Ron

Farmer RonThe Mallee, VIC

Happy client!

My flight was cancelled due to the Corona Virus, I called to cancel my travel insurance, my phone was answered promptly and I was told I’d receive a refund and after two weeks I received notification that it was all settled.
Signed: Highly Delighted

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Robert Wilkins

Robert WilkinsGippsland, VIC

Cancellation of policy due Coronavirus cancellation.

Can I please thank the RACV for their immediate consideration for a refund Of my policy for domestic travel in late April. I rang the nominated phone number, the phone was answered on the second ring, mid afternoon, and within 2 minutes my request for a refund was being dealt with. Less than 24 hours later I received an email confirming a refund. Thank you for your brilliant service.

Rhiannon

RhiannonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cancellation of policy

Was able to cancel my travel insurance due to corona virus, not being able to travel with no hesitation.Will use again when I can rebook and its safe to travel.

Travel Insurance

Find out how RACV Travel Insurance - Domestic compares to other Travel Insurance

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Quick Response

RACV responded very quickly, refunding me the cost of travel insurance when I was unable to travel due to Coronavirus travel restrictions. I'm very happy with RACV's high standard of service.

no name

no nameGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

good service

I have used R A C V travel Three Times at all times I have found the the people who I have spoken to Very Helpful Know there Jobs More then happy to review

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

TigerlilySouthwest, VIC

Exceptional Service -could not recommend more highly!

My parents, husband and myself have used RACV Travel insurance before, but have never needed to claim on it. It is very easy to take out and very reasonably priced in comparison with other companies. Unfortunately in this instance my Father passed away 2 weeks before we were due to go on a cruise together. The documentation was very easy to fill out and there was some simple communication to and fro so that they could get the required documents. We were all fully covered and refunded in a very timely manner.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Tigerlily

Dear Janice, More than happy for you to do that..please let me know exactly where/how I get that info to you....

Waste

WasteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refused claim for damaged laptop

My laptop was damaged during a cruise. I have no idea how. They refused to pay given the laptop left my possession, being when I had to give my luggage to the cruise ship staff upon boarding. No choice but to do this, but that's what they used to get out of paying my claim. After making me get a non refundable quote of $95 for assessing the damage.

Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Elise E.RACV

Hi Waste, were sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Robert - Social Media Consultant.

Johnno

JohnnoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Car hire insurace rip off

Hire car insurance changed and doesnt cover multiple items eg windscreen, tyres & roof. Biggest rip off ever & a waste of time. This is not insuracne its revenue for no service.

Shaun M.

Shaun M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refusal by Tokio Marine to pay my claim

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Travel Insurance

Disgusted with outcome of insurance cover

Spoke with RACV agent on getting travel insurance to cover damage to hire vehicle traveling across northern WA, as the car rental company was charging exorbitant daily rates. We paid the car hire company $6,000 bond for any damage, which was the purpose of the insurance I took out - to insure against any deductions from this bond. Minor damage to bumper ($1,100) - but RACV insurer says the claim must be against an 'excess', not the 'bond' and refuses to payout. Very disappointed.

Insurance Cover ForAdult
I Luke

I LukeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not Perfect

All good with the exception of the need to increase rental car excess with a separate policy , there should be an option of adjustment without raising another policy,other companies offer this in their policy

Rude 1

Rude 1South Morang

Typically RACV

The RACV Consultant was very helpful and as a result we ended up with a policy tailored to our needs. We have all our insurances with RACV and won't shop anywhere else.

John GallagherGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hello Janice, our policy number 30271971 my mobile number is 0414304736
Regards John Gallagher.

Bec

BecMornington peninsula

Best price for the best cover!

I called many other companies for our travel insurance and I had quotes as high as $250! I called RACV and spoke to a really helpful man and he had us covered and $100 excess for just $104!

Insurance claim madeNo