RACV Travel Insurance - Travel Care

RACV Travel Insurance - Travel Care

My only suggestion is that the RACV Shop where the policy was purchased should also handle any further action required, rather than to refer you to telephone numbers and addresses that do not respond. I found that I could not contact the Insurer ; they did not responded to my correspondence. Thank you for finalising my problem

DestinationNew Zealand and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForSenior

Satisfied customer!

RACV have demonstrated to me to be a trusted and reputable brand and have earned my ongoing custom. The RACV have resolved an insurance problem without a personal direct request to them being made . This is why I chose RACV travel Insurance over others .

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

Refund after 21 day cooling off

Policy looked to be good value. Due to travel bans we asked to cancel the policy after 21 day cooling off and this was agreed too very quickly. Thanks so much

DestinationEurope
Travel Insurance

Find out how RACV Travel Insurance - Travel Care compares to other Travel Insurance

Nigel S.

Nigel S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RACV has lost moral compass and sold out to shonks

I relied on RACV being a reputable brand. How wrong I was! Clearly they have sold out to the lowest possible underwriter and left us all exposed. When the aus gvt has advised to reconsider travel o/s due to coronavirus, RACV will only cover you if a “do not travel order” is declared. The rules of insurance require you to mitigate risk, however the phone operator can only encourage you to take your travels (at any risk) until “do not travel” is declared. Shame on you RACV !!!! Clearly you have sold out and are leaving aussies exposed. Recommend anyone but RACV travel insurance.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Elise E.RACV

Hi Nigel, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Tammy- Social Media Consultant

Sue S.

Sue S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very simple and fast

Good price for the policy and very very easy to fill out the pre existing medical conditions and we were very happy with the price as we also got Racv member discount.(online the price was shown instantly so no waiting for it) -haven’t had a claim and hope not to ever need to, so can’t comment on that . I do have trust in RACV so happy to insure with them.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Vin Lever

Vin LeverMid North Coast, NSW

Easy to acquire but may get marketing stuff afterwards

Purchased travel insurance online for a couple (one a member of RACV) to go to SE Asia in August. Cost was $206.83 with a membership discount.
The insurer was actually Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.
I did not need it but could have.
However on return RACV send me a card for some kind of discount buying - did not want this - not a member - bit of marketing add on going on here.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForSenior
Matin

MatinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It's very poor service.

I have the biggest product before my holiday started. I have called them from airport i have stacked to ask them advise but they told me do what you think is better for you. Now they declined my claims. Ask to many docoment that I can't go back to my holiday destination to ask them. Take long time to review you claim and end of the day they try to decline the case and not pay. I don't recommend them at all.

DestinationEurope and Middle East