RACV Travel Insurance

RACV Travel Insurance Questions & Answers

8 questions from our users

Does the total travel care policy cover repatriation. As we have been informed that we may not be allowed off the boat in New Caledonia if we do not hold international travel insurance that covers medical costs and repatriation. We have taken this policy out and now are thinking its not the right one.
Racv will tell you to read their PDS ( product disclosure statement ) unfortunately I was ignorant of this and realised after reading their PDS it is heavily loaded in RACV’s favour.Hi Tim, Thanks for getting in contact regarding the coverage of your Travel Insurance Policy. RACV is pleased to advise that we cover for Overseas Medical, Hospital, Cash in Hospital, Dental and Related Expenses. Our medical cover also assists you to find treatment and if necessary, medical evacuation and/or repatriation. If you are hospitalised, you, or a member of your travelling party, must contact Us as soon as possible. The team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are not hospitalised but are being treated as an outpatient and the total cost of any treatment exceeds $2,000, you must contact us as soon as possible as we will not pay for any expenses that have not been approved by us. If you have an overseas emergency, contact our assistance team immediately, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on (02) 8055 1699. For more information please refer to Page 2 and 19 via this link: https://www.racv.com.au/content/dam/racv/documents/insurance/racv-travel-insurance/travel-insurance-fsg-pds.pdf. Hope that helps. Kind regards, Janice Social Media Consultant

How do I buy full health insurance?
Hi Xian, RACV do not currently provide health insurance. If you are referring to coverage for overseas medical and hospital cover you can find out more and obtain a quote here: https://bit.ly/2JhvJav

Hi, I’m a student doing an assessment for Commerce and I would like to know what RACV covers and at what prices. I’m 'going' on a safari trip in Africa (Morocco) for 9 days. What insurance would be available and at what price?
Hi Dominique, Thank you for getting in contact regarding a quote on Travel Insurance for your upcoming trip to Africa (Morocco). We are unable to complete this via a Product Review as during the quote process you will be asked a number of questions that are specific to your insurance requirements. It’s important that these questions are answered correctly so that the product being offered meets your identified requirements. Please call us on 13 13 29 from 9am to 6pm or you can visit any RACV Shop. Kind regards, Janice

Do you have a responsibility to inform the insurer if your items declared lost was recovered?
This is a legal question that I am not qualified to answer, but my guess is a definite YES. The purpose of a successful insurance claim is to "make you whole". If the items lost are recovered and you have been payed insurance then you have financially gained from the exercise. This could be considered fraudulent so my advice would be to declare it to the insurance company.

I took out travel insurance with racv for a trip on the ghan in mid May. I have since been diagnosed with a leaky heart valve andbecause of my 93 year age an operation is not a consideration. Will i still be covered by my travel insurance?
Not by RACV. They're heartless thieves.

I am going to Bali does this cover for delay on flights due to volcano ash and cover your accommodation if your stuck there? thanks Lesley
Dear Lesley, I cannot answer your question because I am a customer like you, and I have never been to Bali either. You really need to direct your question to a staff member of RACV.

I am traveling to Thailand but 5 months ago I had a disc removed in my back, do you include cover for that?
I am not sure Hilda but I would suggest you call and ask them or have a look on-line in the product disclosure for pre-existing medical conditions.

Get an answer from our members and RACV representatives