RACV Travel Insurance

RACV Travel Insurance (page 2 of 15)

Domestic, International

My only suggestion is that the RACV Shop where the policy was purchased should also handle any further action required, rather than to refer you to telephone numbers and addresses that do not respond. I found that I could not contact the Insurer ; they did not responded to my correspondence. Thank you for finalising my problem

DestinationNew Zealand and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Satisfied customer!

RACV have demonstrated to me to be a trusted and reputable brand and have earned my ongoing custom. The RACV have resolved an insurance problem without a personal direct request to them being made . This is why I chose RACV travel Insurance over others .

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior
Daz

DazCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I can always trust RACV

Even though I had to cancel my travel arrangements RACV kindly gave me a full refund of the premium. This was after I made a single phone call to a dedicated line set up to handle enquiries relating to the effect of the Corona Virus on travel insurance policies.

Monika

Monika

Perfect

Good value for money. Haven’t used it as needed to cancel before cooling off period due to travel plans cancelled re Coronavirus. Helpful staff, excellent service, no pressure acted on immediately

DestinationEurope, New Zealand and North America (inc. Hawaii)

Fantastic service

I been too many time oversea and always used this insurance company .
I recommend RACV to my family and friends, my policy was really good but under the circumstance unfortunately I cancel and got all my payment back. Thanks

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Che

CheVictoria

Giving me more grief than help

Refund after 21 day cooling off

Policy looked to be good value. Due to travel bans we asked to cancel the policy after 21 day cooling off and this was agreed too very quickly. Thanks so much

no name

no nameGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

good service

I have used R A C V travel Three Times at all times I have found the the people who I have spoken to Very Helpful Know there Jobs More then happy to review

Nigel S.

Nigel S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RACV has lost moral compass and sold out to shonks

I relied on RACV being a reputable brand. How wrong I was! Clearly they have sold out to the lowest possible underwriter and left us all exposed. When the aus gvt has advised to reconsider travel o/s due to coronavirus, RACV will only cover you if a “do not travel order” is declared. The rules of insurance require you to mitigate risk, however the phone operator can only encourage you to take your travels (at any risk) until “do not travel” is declared. Shame on you RACV !!!! Clearly you have sold out and are leaving aussies exposed. Recommend anyone but RACV travel insurance.

Elise E.RACV

Hi Nigel, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Tammy- Social Media Consultant

Find out how RACV Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Decided to cancel my planned trip to Japan due to health and safety concerns and wanted to cancel my travel insurance. I rang the hotline and was surprised with how easy and accomodating they were to cancel the insurance with no questions asked thank you!

BJQ

BJQGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Non coverage of corona virus related illness.

I have been a member of RACV for 33 years. I have used your travel insurance many times. I am extremely disappointed that you will not cover for Corona virus related illness. I booked in January yet you won't provide coverage. So much for loyalty to RACV.

LOYALTY COUNTS FOR Z E R O

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

Fantastic service

First time I use RACV insurance would recommend it to anybody it is a fantastic insurer next time I go overseas again I will still use RACV really good service and friendly people to talk to

Joansgirl

JoansgirlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Service

Due to personal commitments and some uncertainty about travel risks, I have changed my travel plans - dates and destinations. I contacted RACV for advice and in one simple phone call was able to change all the details and even received a partial refund. Good service for good travel cover.

Hopeless

I rang yesterday enquiring where I stand if l am impacted by cancellations due to the Canara virus. I gave the operator my policy no. And he didn’t know where I stood. Said it was a hypothetical question And if happens just lodge a claim and wait and see! !

Find out how RACV Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Watergardens RACV so glad store has reopened

3rd time using RACV when travelling, policy clearly explained by Mel and matched to our travel plans. Policy cost signifiantly less than what was quoted by our travel agent. Customer focused service

TigerlilySouthwest, VIC

Exceptional Service -could not recommend more highly!

My parents, husband and myself have used RACV Travel insurance before, but have never needed to claim on it. It is very easy to take out and very reasonably priced in comparison with other companies. Unfortunately in this instance my Father passed away 2 weeks before we were due to go on a cruise together. The documentation was very easy to fill out and there was some simple communication to and fro so that they could get the required documents. We were all fully covered and refunded in a very timely manner.

DestinationAustralia
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Tigerlily

Dear Janice, More than happy for you to do that..please let me know exactly where/how I get that info to you....

Great service in Warragul - than you!

Thank you for your professional, friendly service - much appreciated.
I haven’t travelled as yet but am confident that my insurance needs are well-met. Thank you to the staff in regional Warragul.

Elise E.RACV

Hi, Thank you for such fantastic feedback. We are glad that we are able to assist you with you travel needs. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you on your next trip. Kind regards, Janice, Social Media Consultant

Sue S.

Sue S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very simple and fast

Good price for the policy and very very easy to fill out the pre existing medical conditions and we were very happy with the price as we also got Racv member discount.(online the price was shown instantly so no waiting for it) -haven’t had a claim and hope not to ever need to, so can’t comment on that . I do have trust in RACV so happy to insure with them.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Peta

PetaSouthwest, VIC

Extremely Disappointed - be wary of RACV Travel Insurance because insurance is through Tokio Marine - woeful!

I would not recommend this policy. On this trip I decided to change to RACV after using Travel Insurance Direct on other occasions due to a review rating by Choice.
Never again.
Our flight was delayed due to technical issues and I missed a tour and transfers which I have been informed is not covered by RACV.
If I had stayed with TID this travel delay claim would have been paid -
This is what TID cover for Travel Delay
Cover if your pre-paid scheduled transport is delayed, rescheduled or cancelled for reasons outside your control (including the airline delaying your flight for mechanical reasons) for reasonable additional meals and accommodation; and your unusable pre-paid travel arrangements.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Elise E.RACV

Hi Peta, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Randall - Social Media Consultant.

Tim M.

Tim M.asked

Travel Insurance

Does the total travel care policy cover repatriation. As we have been informed that we may not be allowed off the boat in New Caledonia if we do not hold international travel insurance that covers medical costs and repatriation. We have taken this policy out and now are thinking its not the right one.

John Gallagher
John Gallagher

Racv will tell you to read their PDS ( product disclosure statement ) unfortunately I was ignorant of this and realised after reading their PDS it is heavily loaded in RACV’s favour.

RACV Care T.RACV

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting in contact regarding the coverage of your Travel Insurance Policy.

RACV is pleased to advise that we cover for Overseas Medical, Hospital, Cash in Hospital, Dental and Related Expenses. Our medical cover also assists you to find treatment and if necessary, medical evacuation and/or repatriation.

If you are hospitalised, you, or a member of your travelling party, must contact Us as soon as possible. The team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are not hospitalised but are being treated as an outpatient and the total cost of any treatment exceeds $2,000, you must contact us as soon as possible as we will not
pay for any expenses that have not been approved by us.

If you have an overseas emergency, contact our assistance team immediately, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on
(02) 8055 1699. For more information please refer to Page 2 and 19 via this link: https://www.racv.com.au/content/dam/racv/documents/insurance/racv-travel-insurance/travel-insurance-fsg-pds.pdf.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Janice
Social Media Consultant

nbmoller
nbmoller

RACV make denials of claim up, Id suggest that you read a number of the one star responses , I have seen them deny travel delay claim because "Mechanical failure " is not covered , total rubbish , Ive seen a travel inconvenience claim denied because the traveller had their drivers Lisc stolen and the car hire company would not allow the car to be hired that with out a Drivers Lisc , claiming a drivers Lisc is not a required document - Just Rubbish

xian ren

xian renasked

Travel Insurance

How do I buy full health insurance?

Elise E.RACV

Hi Xian, RACV do not currently provide health insurance. If you are referring to coverage for overseas medical and hospital cover you can find out more and obtain a quote here: https://bit.ly/2JhvJav

Dominique

Dominiqueasked

Travel Insurance

Hi, I’m a student doing an assessment for Commerce and I would like to know what RACV covers and at what prices. I’m 'going' on a safari trip in Africa (Morocco) for 9 days. What insurance would be available and at what price?

Aaron F.RACV

Hi Dominique, Thank you for getting in contact regarding a quote on Travel Insurance for your upcoming trip to Africa (Morocco). We are unable to complete this via a Product Review as during the quote process you will be asked a number of questions that are specific to your insurance requirements. It’s important that these questions are answered correctly so that the product being offered meets your identified requirements. Please call us on 13 13 29 from 9am to 6pm or you can visit any RACV Shop. Kind regards, Janice

Get an answer from our members and RACV representatives