Rain-X Original Treatment

Rain-X Original Treatment

3.3

Do no buy do not use

RainX stain my car windows and windshield, I spend 80 usd to professional polished to clean the stains window and windshield make dangerous to drive my car, I do not recommend at all to anybody.

Purchased in July 2019 at Walmart for A$3.00.

Destroy your vehicle

All these chemical ingredients in rained products will coat oxidize an ruin.Look up the hazmat specs on it Very Toxic! Ruined my paint job, wipers,water resievor! Got pics.Company want even respond!

Purchased in October 2019 at Walmart.

Falcon23South East Queensland, QLD

Works well

Rainx works really well and beads the water off your windscreen. For it to work well you need to use a cloth rather than a microfibre cloth. It does work however you need to follow the instructions on the bottle.

Purchased in May 2020 at Supercheap Auto.

Bill G

Bill GSydney, NSW

Used Rain-x for a good 30+ years

Used rain-x (external) on all my cars, as long as you follow instructions, it works very well. In winter it can be a nuisance in fog as the fog beads as it hits the window, not enough to run off.....thats the only time i us my wipers. Ive driven for 7 hours and never needed to use my wipers....

Purchased in January 2019 for A$15.00.

DO NOT USE RAIN-X!

I went through a car wash and opted for the "Rain-X" Option to wash my BRAND NEW CAR. After having the car washed and returning home, I noticed circle "Water spots" all over my car paint. I tried rinsing with soap and warm water, I tried compound, wax cleaner, everything and it will not come off! This product is a JOKE and will wreck your car paint I would advise against ever using this on your vehicle!

Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have used it for about ten years now

owlinthebathtub

owlinthebathtubMelbourne

Worked beyond our expectations!

This is an absolute miracle product!
We would use this on one of our vintage cars that had no window wipers at all, this was the only product that allowed the car to be driven in any rain and the water really does just bead off the window instead of sitting there obstructing your vision.
It does take sometime to get the hang of applying it correctly to avoid any streaking, but once you’ve mastered the application you will love Rain-X forever.

Never Again!

Awfy

Do not buy these products they don't stand behind them.. Got a wiper they wont replace it.. The rubber blade comes out of wiper.. Rain-X sucks and if you don't buy maybe we can put them out of business
Beware you have been warned... Buy anyone else. Let's band together..

rfcroc

rfcrocBrisbane

Great product! Best on new glass used regularly.

I was introduced to Rain-X with a free bottle provided with my new Toyota in 1986 and have been using the product ever since. It works so well you don't need wipers when travelling at speed (yes I still use them). Best to use on new glass but if you clean your glass well it does the job as intended. Bought their interior anti-fog and was pleased as well.
Works well on other glass & mirrors in the house etc.

Note: Store upright! The bottles can and will leak. And do use care as applying anything with a solvent in it. Common sense should prevail.

Harpreet

HarpreetBrisbane

5 stars for using inside glass shower cabinet

Excellent Product. Have been using it for 2 weeks. Shower Cabinet still looks like new. not much soap scums are building on the glass. Hopefully it stays and keeps working for long time. Definitely will help with cleaning the glass cabinet. Usually its a nightmare to do . Will recommend to anymore for Shower cabinet use

Sandi

SandiMerritt Island

Great product with a serious glitch

Sleepless in

Sleepless inPerth,Western Australia

Follow the instructions

Have used and continue to use Rainex for past 20 years. Consider it the best on the market - if you follow the instructions and understand exactly what the silcone polymer actually does on a glass surface - i.e. it fills the microscopic pits and the hydrscopic property beads the water by reacting with the surface tension. Do not add with other chemicals used in windshield washers. Goodness me if only people read the instructions and not use the product in unintended ways.

Unhappy but wiser

Unhappy but wiser

Good product....better visibility in the rain and it even stops most overnight frost adhering to wi

Have confidently used it since 1986, and I reckon it's especially good if you are a long- distance / grey nomad type, ... in all weathers i.e. we t/ cold / tropical... all over Australia.
Washer/Wipers clear windscreen of even thick dust easier.
I recommend that you apply every 8 weeks or so not just two but three layers of rain x ,letting each haze over before polishing and then re-applying for best effect. I heard this is what some pilots of light aircraft do, ...and they don't even have wipers!!!
.....good stuff !

Rain X washer fluid clogged my washer system.

Been using rain x wind shield washer for over a year. I'm now at my dealer having the system flushed. Big clobbs came out of the system. Semi sticky rain X. I will never use rain X as my washer fluid again. This costing me one hundred dollars. I would like to be reimbursed.

Wallybrit

Wallybrit

Not what it is cracked up to be.

Yes, it helps the rains run off your windscreen, but it also seems to make your wiper blades wear out quicker. Also, it makes them shudder a lot more, even when new. There some other brands that are supposed to do the same, so I will be trying them out.

dave

daveMaitland, NSW

Ok, not perfect

I do use this regularly however I note that rain fog still accumulates on my windscreen. It's therefore not perfect but nonetheless, I'll continue to use it as I assume the fog would be much worse otherwise.
Bought this at Super Cheap which I think is the cheapest place to get this.
Dave Lewis

Allan

AllanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute Rubbish

Will never use any of there products again. Over priced rubbished. Have tried contacting rainx 3 time with no response to a tint safe product that ate into my new tint.
(Have had a few products not only the window tint safe products also have had problems with the wick away products)

Jim

JimMelbourne

Does not do what its meant to do.

Followed instructions on bottle, it made my wipers drag and stick to the windscreen. I had to put up with this for 4 hours of rain. It was a very frustrating and extremely annoying. What a waste of money and effort. I now have to figure out how to remove it off my screen.

FoxBearSydney

FoxBearSydneySydney, NSW

Rain-X works, even when the wipers ain't fast enough.