RAMS Savings Accounts

2.3

Joseph

Joseph

Cant access my money

Rams savings ATM limit is at 1000 bucks a day not negotiable can not change that and can't withdraw on any Westpac or st George so pretty much useless saving account if you wanna access your money.

Undies

UndiesSydney, NSW

Dropping behind on savings rates.

They used to be at the top of the pile with savings rates, but now dropping behind. In this environment of low rates punishing savers, people will jump ship to another bank for an extra 0.25%...why not...no loyalty anymore, and it only takes a few minutes to set up a new bank account. I had $400K with them only 12 months ago....now my account with them has 0.75 cents.

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Only one star because the people on the phone were pleasant.

Opening the savings account was easy. However the internet application and mobile app failed to show the right amount of money in the account. Multiple phone calls failed to resolve the situation.
Closing the account took about 30 mins and they were not able to do an electronic transfer of the money in the account - another failing. So now they are sending a cheque to me and have closed the account. Therefore my money is now inaccessible until the cheque arrives. This has been the worst experience with a savings account I have ever experienced.
DO NOT USE!

Savings Accounts

Find out how RAMS Savings Accounts compares to other Savings Accounts

Farid

Farid

So unorganised and confused organisation

I tried to open a saving account two weeks ago. They said my identity is not verified and they asked me to go to a branch with a form and identifications so I did it. After a week they called me again and asked for a picture of my driving licence (already provided at branch) and I emailed it again. Still not resolved!

Update: Resolved a week later

evrydayisafreshstart

evrydayisafreshstartPerth, WA

Very high interest rate if you don't withdraw!

Small bit of research did not find me a savings account with a higher interest rate than this, both the bonus interest rate if you don't withdraw, and the standard interest rate. Great app. I have not had to use their customer service yet (a good thing I guess) so I can't comment on that.

whitbyoz

whitbyozSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good Account APPALLING service

Potentially a good high interest account BUT problems abounded.
The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. Mixed and differing letters and emails.
Appears not to be user friendly with investors (savers) as opposed to mortgage holders.
No follow up on customer complaints

Would not recommend at all

Haleighmaree

HaleighmareeVentnor Phillip island

Old school

Would not recommend. Pulled all my savings out of here as I had a recurring debit coming out and inquired with them whom it was. Their response was "a debit you've authorized". After explaining I wasnt aware of it could they tell me the account name they said no. I asked them to block it and it was so difficult i just pulled all my money out. He just closed it for me no worries without trying to save me as a customer.

Cant get online with safari after upgrade

When will this broker issue be fixed as I don't like having to re start my computer and use another server. I joined rams as it was easy now it is not. feb 2019

Unimpressed