Rancilio Silvia

Rancilio Silvia Questions & Answers

V3, V5, V4, etc... (See All)
Brand Manager for Rancilio? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

14 questions from our users

ann
annasked

Can I purchase this machine in Christchurch

Westie
Westie

I’m pretty sure you purchase it in any church you like if you order online.

Maree C.
Maree C.asked
Silvia

The portafilter on my Rancilio Silvia won’t stay in place unless I hold it now and only moves a fraction when I slot it in. I’ve done a full clean on the machine and regularly backwash it too. Any ideas?

tcp
tcp
Ronnie Atlas
Ronnie Atlasasked
Silvia

Hi There, I want to replace the driptray of my Silvia which is a little rusty.... anyone want to recommend someone selling spare parts or wrecking Rancilios?? Also for new gaskets and other service needs, I'm sure they could help too....Most grateful for any leads! Thanks, Ronnie (ronnieatlas@gmail.com)

Sharonasked
Silvia

My silvia has started to splatter and spit when I try to make coffee - coffee all over the place - the steamer is fine. Any help?

Makingtide
Makingtide
Sharon

Ok I will thank you very much very much appreciated

Sorry espresso machines

Rob_lam
Rob_lamasked
Silvia

I don't seem to be able to get the expresso to creme

Chris

This might help a little to see the result you should be aiming for.

Peter S.
Peter S.asked
Silvia V5

Where can we purchase the Silvia and Rocky grinder with tamper?
Are they sold as a set?
Any suggestions, I live in Brisbane

bilnrobn
bilnrobn
Coffee Nut
Coffee Nutasked
Silvia V5

Are there grinders that are recommended for use with the Rancilio Silvia E ?
I do have a grinder but I suspect that on the finest setting the grind is to coarse for the Rancilio Silvia E and the resultant brew is very disappointing ( very weak light brown with no crema).
Any suggestions would be most welcome.

fastred
fastred

Have you considered the Rancilio Rocky (Doserless) grinder? You can pick one up for around $450. I purchased the Lelit PL043 grinder for $349 – it’s more compact than the Rocky.

timoteo
timoteoasked
Silvia

I have just set up my 2017 Rancilio Silvia for the first time. I purchased a high end burr grinder from Baratza (recommended with this machine). I tamp the grinds and follow all instructions, but no coffee comes out. I have adjusted the grind size and tested still nothing comes out! Do I need to adjust the pressure valve? How do I get a shot of espresso to come through the coffee grinds and basket?

Douglas W
Douglas Wasked
Silvia V3

Hi I turn my rancilio Silvia on like I do every morning. Turned on the steam button was waiting for the light to go off and walked away got distracted for 10 or so minutes is this bad for my machine? Thank you in advance

Scott Brasuell
Scott Brasuellasked
Silvia V3

My silvia was manufactured 0514.It is a 220 volt machine.Do you know if it is a v3 or v4 version?Dont have to temp surf maybe due to the higher voltage making it more stable.It gets hot and stays very stable.Have never seen a video review of a 220 volt machine.Thanks for the help.

Sceptic
Sceptic
Haberfield Guy.
Haberfield Guy.

^^ Do you shoehorn your own personal gripes without helping into every question asking for help?

stokeygilr2015
stokeygilr2015asked
Silvia V4

Hello, My hubby had left my Rancilio Silvia Frothing button on for 2 days :( (i was in hosptial) now it won't work at all? I am thinking the milk frothing devise has died? Has anyone had this problem, or know of where i can get it fixed pretty quickly in Sydney or Canberra? Thanks in advance

Domino1352
Domino1352
Anthony Goodwin
Anthony Goodwin

Yep, bad news, most likely resulted in a burned out element. Pretty costly repair, couple of hundred. Good luck

Neil
Neil
cousin itasked
Silvia V4

My Rancilio Squirts water out of the coffee grounds holder whenever I make a coffee, not always but often enough to be frustrating. What am I doing wrong?

Andrew
Andrew
Matty
Matty
cousin it

thanks to both answers- wil give those suggestions a shot

Harvasked
Silvia V3

I have used at least 3 time a day the Ranchilio Silvia to prepare espressos in the last 3 years and most of the time very happy with the results. Recently I'm getting less impressive results, its looks like heating up quickly and warming up more than normal (checking the heat on the top cover), the coffee is pouring faster than before with much less crema. I have tried to put a round piece of aluminium foil with central hole and placed it in the bottom of the basket, it have improved results, but this is not the way it should work. I also started getting a very strong steam from the machine which make it difficult to make a good frothing. I am using the KG-100 grinder which till now did a good job, and using good quality coffee beans, have noticed the grinder was always set up on the finest scale, doesn't matter the type of coffee, maybe its performances degraded? Although the grind coffee looks good, any suggestions on how I can improve this?

Coughs

Check you thermostats are operating in the correct range. It sounds like the machine is heating up to much, and if it continues will go the way of most of the silvias

Harv

Thanks for your advice, do you know of any instructions how to do it?

Charlotte41
Charlotte41asked
Silvia V3

In my machine the coffee comes out far too fast and it is very thin and with no taste can you help me as to why please?

Coughs

chances are that you grind is not fine enough

Robboa