RateSetter
4.8 from 1,835 reviews

Perfect service

The turn around was super quick and the application was amazingly easy! Everything was clearly laid out and straight forward which was really helpful considering I've been a little stressed due to financial issues. It was a relieving process.

Loan Start DateMarch 2019

Great help and very easy to deal with.

Ratesetter was a great help and very easy to deal with, application was very easy and straight forward, customer service was great to deal with and I would certainly use them again.

Excellent service

I found this organisation as the best in customer service very friendly and helpful staff. No extra cost incurred and I would rate them 10 out of 10. I would recommend my friends and family members to this organisation for their excellent service

Efficient, effective and excellent

What an absolutely fantastic experience. I'd recently gone through a credit union for finance, and after over 6 weeks, they still were after more paperwork and couldn't make a decision. RateSetter took an hour. Their website and communication was responsive and i knew my application status throughout the process. Absolutely recommend to anyone with a good credit rating; I'll be using again in the future.

Couldn't be happier

The customer service was fantastic. I had all the help anyone could ever ask for from a lady named Tara. She was great in every way possible. No unexpected extra costs and a great rate even better then my own bank.

Impressive Service

I can not fault this service. Application process was smooth, I received a courtesy call within hours to clarify details, approved the same day with funds received shortly after. Service has been nothing short of exceptional.

Loan Start DateMarch 2019

Just excellent!! Happy and Helpful!

The RateSetter people are excellent. They are friendly, happy and helpful. Delightfully Aussie and super amicable - it didn’t feel like I was even applying for a loan! They sorted everything for me so quickly and professionally. There were not hidden costs - and when I spoke to them yesterday they explained I could pay back my loan early without fees if I wish. I was helped through the online confirmation process and feeling very satisified. Thanks so much guys! Highly recommended!

Quick and Simple

This is the first time I have used rate setter and I was very please with my experience, the loan was easy to submit and approved quickly, communication throughout the process was excellent. will use again.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Currently on my second loan with RateSetter, can't fault the service!

I initially signed up for a loan for a second family car last year. The sign-up process was painless, and managing the loan via the RateSetter portal is a breeze. You receive email and SMS reminders about your monthly repayments, which can be handy if you don't have the process automated.

I later went in and adjusted my payment schedule to get that loan paid off within 12 months, and am now on my second loan with RateSetter to pay out the residual amount on the lease of our family car. Again, I can pay it off as quickly as I like, and the portal gives me a good overview of payments made and the upcoming payment schedule.

I'd definitely recommend RateSetter to anybody looking for a hassle-free personal loan, and the bonus is that you don't have to deal with a bank.

Application Process

Great and very patient with me! lol

RateSetter was used by my mortgage broker, there was a few hiccups from my end and my personal circumstances and they were very patient, professional and easy enough to work with.

Outstanding

RateSetter has been the best loan experience I have ever had. So efficient, professional, courteous and to the point. To be honest I actually (pleasantly) stunned at how good the whole process has been. HIGHLY recommend.

Quick and easy process

It was a surprisingly easy process. Ratesetter has helped me combine my debt into one manageable bill with one easy repayment plan. Definitely would recommend to anyone looking at consolidating .

Flawless

Service was great, to the point with no fuss. I highly recommend using Rate Setter. I was really surprised with the short amount of time it took for the whole process. Very happy!

Loan Start DateFebruary 2019

Terrific

Excellent person to person phone call after a very easy, hassle free application process. I will definitely recommend RateSetter to any person requiring finance. 5 Star rating in my opinion!

Absolutely Exceptional!

As I was looking to get a Personal Loan for Personal use, I didn’t want to approach any of the big banks as they always put you through the hoop and just treat you like a number rather than a human being, and although my bank is a Community based bank, I did my research and discovered that their lending rates for a personal loan was almost or same as the big banks. When I did further research, I found that rate setter had the best and lowest rates for a Personal Loan out there. I decided to do the initial inquiry and phone their Customer service asking about a few things. Engaging with their customer care service was a refreshing sea breeze and I found myself blown away.
I then applied for the Loan and it took just a day for my Loan to be approved after the necessary checks. Let me just say this, WOW! - I’m completely speechless. Anyone that reads this , please don’t waste your time applying for a loan with the other big banks, if you have a good credit history and have a stable Permanent job, I assure you that this company is simply the best and I’m giving them 5 Stars . Well done and please keep it up guys .

Outstanding Service

Rate-setter staff are professional efficient with an excellent personal customer approach, all with low interest rates and products aimed to support people during Legal litigation encountering difficult stressful time.
We Recommend Rate-setter highly, to anyone who find themselves in the same situation.

Loan Start DateMarch 2019

This was a very easy process!

I received a letter from RateSetter in the post as I was trying to work out the best way to consolidate some of my credit card debts. I applied for a personal loan to pay off my debts so I could close my credit card. The online process was very easy and straightforward. Uploading details and statements. They gave me a quote with all applicable fees laid out. Great interest rate! It has made me feel a lot better about paying off my loans, now knowing how much I will have to pay each month and knowing when it will all be finished. Customer service was excellent and their communication was great too. Thanks RateSetter.

Excellent, easy experience

Very easy and stress free. Nothing like dealing with the bank at all. Will be a RateSetter customer in the future for sure. Thanks for making it a very easy process.

No consultation at anytime. Untrustworthy

No consultation as part of the loan, rate setter did nothing inline with my broker, interest rate changed 3%, variable not fixed, loan was not paid where I wanted it to go and changed rate by .6% after a month. I now have loan with ME to pay out at 4% less. Don't Trust. You have been warned.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Hi Andrew, I'm sorry if you feel that you have had a bad experience when taking out a loan with RateSetter. With our variable rate loans, the interest rate can change every month depending on any changes in our lending markets, however this only has an impact on your final repayment and typically we have found that this does not alter much over the term of the loan. In regards to your other comments, I would like to be able to investigate this further to see what has happened, but unfortunately I am unable to locate an account with the information here. if you would be able to send an email to contact@ratesetter.com.au or contact us on 1300 768 710 and I can certainly look into this for you. Steph Customer Service ManagerHi Steph. I have asked for this to be resolved previously with you guys before I posted. I believe someone liaised with my broker but no resolution was given as i excepted the loan because I had to immediately. What i find interesting is that your company changed the rate two days after the broker confirmed and funnily enough i have now gone through members equity and they have provided a rate similar to what you originally quoted, fixed so doesnt change one month(so you have screwed me again) and over a longer period. I would never use your service again, nor recommend you to anyone if and when asked.

Market leader professional service

The staff I dealt with where very helpful and professional . The administration costs where lower than other peer to peer lenders in the market. The interest rate was extremely competitive and lower than I expected.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

I have made additional payments to my 5 year loan, I've almost paid it off within two years, however, I now need a new loan. I dislike having too many enquiries on my credit file, which is the best way to go about this, can I withdraw my extra payments without incurring any fees and will there be an enquiry on my credit file to withdraw the extra payments I've made, I will still repay the full amount within the 5 year term?
Hi, We do not offer a redraw facility on our loans, however you may have the ability to apply for additional funds either by refinancing your existing loan or applying for a second loan. To be eligible for additional funds you do need to have made a certain number of successful payments. As I am unable to identify you I do not know if you have met this criteria. However please be aware that applying for either a refinance or a second loan is considered as a new application for finance and would have an impact on your credit file. if you have any further queries please contact us, we're happy to help. Steph Customer Service Manager

I can,t log into my account. It won,t let me reset the email or password
If you call the call centre, they should be able to help youHi Maria, I'm sorry that you are having problems accessing your account. I have organised for a member of the team to contact you to try and resolve the issue. Thanks Steph

I’m preparing documents to apply for a loan with Ratesetter, how many months Bank statements are required ?
3 monthsGood morning, If you are applying for a loan with us we do require your last 3 months bank statements for your main bank account where your salary is credited. If you use multiple bank accounts for your general living expenses we may also require those as well. Also if you are self-employed we would require your tax documents. If you have any further queries please contact us on 1300 768 710. Thanks Steph

Similar listings