4.8 from 2,125 reviews

1,839

Waiting a week for a reply!

Appalling, I applied 1 week ago and have been given the run around the entire time! Promised an answer within 24hrs, only to be stuffed around for a whole week, thanks for nothing! Probably ruined my credit score thats about it! Funny how as soon as I put this review up I received an email stating my applicatiom wasnt successful, you are a joke Ratesetter!

EK14

EK14Western Australia

Very efficient and professional

This is an effective and efficient borrowing platform. No hidden costs as everything is explained by the helpful staff. The website is comprehensive and a great way to inform decision making. Borrowers and lenders are matched once all relevant information is received. Borrowing made easy. Highly recommend

Ryll

RyllMid North Coast, NSW

Thanks Cavell, Excellent and Friendly customer service.

Many thanks to Cavell for not only delivering prompt, professional and efficient assistance, but especially for providing it in a genuinely friendly and personal manner which made the overall experience a real pleasure. An excellent example of what true customer service should be. Thanks again Cavell.
Ryll

Super easy and quick

The assistance and information provided by staff was easy to follow and provided quick solutions to my finance needs. The contact I had was friendly. I would highly recommend to family and friends.

Fiona M.

Fiona M.Central, SA

Customer service as it should be

The team at rate setters especially Geoff and Graeme was outstanding.
They were patient and incredibly tolerant of me vacillating between loan amounts.
I was getting annoyed with myself but they never did.
Highly recommend them

Review collected in partnership with RateSetter

QUICK and Easy Transaction !!!

From the start to the end it was hassle free Harley did pretty well in helping me and guiding me through the whole process very quick and easy highly recommended

Tip B.

Can’t wait for saved money for electric bills. Quick and friendly install .

Loan approval was fast and have been following up till summit.
Installed have been done with in 3 weeks.
So happy about customer service and process .
Finally the battery was install as no time. Jake was so polite and friendly .

BabuMelbourne

Good experience

Very good response
Low cost
Very satisfied
Good experience,better trained people and very professional I am very happy with service
This my second loan with them
Very helpful to finnalise loan
Very good response

Loan Start DateFebruary 2017

Lucie J.

Lucie J.South East Queensland, QLD

Good rate, a little clumsy to set up

I used my phone to apply for a debt consolidating loan. It seemed painless, I was pre-approved for $40000. However when my loan was accepted it was for $16000. A phone call and a few emails later I solved the problem. I found phone staff to be a bit rude and the many emails were unrelenting. However the rate is good. I want to change dd accounts which is proving another annoying obstacle.

Benni Kelly

Benni KellySouth East Queensland, QLD

So helpful and easy to understand

Awesome customer service, the staff were all very helpful, when i had questions i got answers very quickly. The interest rate i recieved was unbelievable compared to all the other companies i was looking at. Well done Rate setter

gaz6

gaz6Central West, NSW

Best Lender in the business.

I have researched and used the services of many Banks and other Financial Institutions for over 30 years and RateSetter provides the easiest application process and Best value product ever.

Jeff

JeffPerth, WA

Fast, professional service

The process was relatively quick and easy. RateSetter provided a great interest rate and excellent service. They made each step easy to understand, so there were no surprises. I would be happy to use them again.

Straightforward

After submitting application was contacted by informed staff who kept me updated on process , after approval the process has been straightforward and user friendly I would have no qualms recommending RateSetter to anyone interested

Review collected in partnership with RateSetter

Wish I'd known about this earlier!

It was easy and painless to apply.
My loan was approved and delivered in three working days - a pleasant surprise compared to bank interactions in the past.
My interest rate is is two and a half times less than I was paying to the bank. Happy days.

Loan Start DateSeptember 2019

The staff were great, made everything easy and clear while applying

Response time was fast and they kept me updated the entire time. The process was easy to complete and all information needed was easy to find and obtain. I found it much easier to apply then a standard bank loan with all the hoops they make you jump through. RateSetter was very understanding and on point.

Craig P

Craig PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Found the process very easy and fast

Was a very easy fast process that covered everything we needed and they were very helpful throughout the whole process. Was very happy with the interest rate and would definitely recommend rateseter to others.

Car ModelHyundai Santa Fe DM Active

Matthew

MatthewNortheast, VIC

Great communication and very happy with interest rate offered.

Response time was fast and communication very good. Got offered a better interest rate than proposed. Really satisfied with everything. I wish I had used then sooner than I have.

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic service and very easy process

Just signed up for a car loan from RateSetter. The process was painless and very easy to complete. Customer service was excellent with RateSetter continually updateing process. Will definatel refer on

Car ModelRenault Koleos HZG Initiale

Tyson

TysonCentral West, NSW

Scammed

Rate setter were working along side purple bricks,
the biggest scammers that have just exsited themselves from the Australian market.
I used purple bricks to try sell my Adelaide property then to find out not long after they removed my add.
RateSetter told me that wasn’t there problem and now I have a 5000+ debt to pay for nothing.
iv tried to contact purple bricks and they will not reply to me, iv also contacted ratesetter and they bluntly said not there problem.
Iv even sent them the email stating that purple bricks is taking my property from the market for no reason still they say it’s my problem
These guys are just as big of scammers as purple bricks.

Surely there is someone that can help me or dealing with the same issue.

Mathew

MathewSouth East Queensland, QLD

So simple and easy to consolidate my high interest debts.

The loan application process was so simple and easy, minimal documents to upload. I can now relax with saving hundreds of dollars per month with a considerably lower interest rate. Thanks RateSetter.

Johnasked

What does it mean when I received an online message saying 'Your loan offer has been submitted to our lending market. Loan offers are normally matched to lenders within one hour.'

Steph P.RateSetter

Hi John,
The message means that you have accepted your loan online and it is now in the process of being matched to our lenders, this is an automatic process and there is no need for you to do anything further.
When the order has been fully matched you will receive a confirmation email and the funs will be sent out the following business day. If you have any further queries please contact us.
Steph

Hi Steph,
Thank you. Is there any reason why I would not receive the funds, ie. is this just a conditional approval? I have submitted direct debit form already so the process is a little confusing. And is the interest rate definitely set? Ie. how do they know the interest rate if it hasn't yet been matched to a lender?

Steph P.RateSetter

Hi John,
The message you have described is only displayed after your loan has been accepted, which indicates that the funds are then in the process of being sent. However as I do not have any of your details I am unable to look into this any further. If you would be able to send an email to contact@ratesetter.com.au and I can certainly look into this further for you if you have concerns.
Steph

Kristy R

Kristy Rasked

I applied 5 days ago on Friday, I then received an email asking for more information the following day (Saturday) so i gave access to my bank statements as requested straight away but now it is wednesday and still have not recieved anything back! I kind of want to know if I have been approved or not so I can atleast move on!

Hi Kristy
Normally will take maximum 24hrs ones assess bank statement if they required more information they will call you otherwise just ring and ask about s
My one I applied on Wednesday evening and approved on Thursday afternoon before approved they ring me and ask few questions
I hope you will get loan
Best wishes

Oh so sorry aoout that.
But for me it was so quick and I got team follow up almost every day by phone and email .
I contact them early this month.Finance was done with a week. And yesterday my battery was installed by professional name Jake , he was polite and quick.
NO Problemmmmm at all
Thank you sooo much.
Reds Tip B

Alexandra S.RateSetter

Hi Kristy, thank you for getting in touch. I have had a look at your application and it looks as though a system glitch meant that we weren't notified when you uploaded your bank statements. I am very sorry for the delay caused to you. I have passed the application along to our credit team now and asked that we try to get a decision out to you as quick as possible. Please get in touch if you need anything further.
Thanks,
Alex

Meg

Megasked

Is this legit?

Alexandra S.RateSetter

Hi Meg, RateSetter was launched in Australia in 2014, we are a peer-to-peer lender and through our lending platform, we’re able to connect those who have money to invest with those who want to borrow it, providing better value for everyone. If you need more information or would like to discuss further please get in touch via 1300 768 710 or contact@ratesetter.com.au, we're happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and RateSetter representatives

RateSetter Investors

RateSetter Investors

RateSetter Personal Loan

RateSetter Personal Loan

RateSetter Car Loan

RateSetter Car Loan

RateSetter Green Loan

RateSetter Green Loan

CategoryLoans and Personal LoansLoans and Personal LoansLoans, Personal Loans and Car LoansLoans and Personal Loans
Contact Number 1300 768 7101300 768 7101300 768 7101300 768 710
Address14 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia14 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia14 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia14 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Email Address contact@ratesetter.com.aucontact@ratesetter.com.aucontact@ratesetter.com.aucontact@ratesetter.com.au
Interest Ratefrom 5.54% p.a.from 5.54% p.a.from 5.54% p.a.from 5.54% p.a.
Comparison Rate from 7.16% p.a.from 7.16% p.a.from 7.16% p.a.from 7.16% p.a.
Monthly Fee $0.00$0.00$0.00$0.00
Repayment FrequencyFortnightly, Monthly and WeeklyFortnightly, Monthly and WeeklyFortnightly, Monthly and WeeklyFortnightly, Monthly and Weekly
Loan Amount $2,001.00 to $45,000.00$2,001.00 to $45,000.00$2,001.00 to $45,000.00$2,001.00 to $45,000.00
SecurityUnsecuredUnsecuredUnsecuredUnsecured
Loan Term0.5 to 5 years0.5 to 5 years0.5 to 5 years0.5 to 5 years
Rate TypeFixed and VariableFixed and VariableFixed and VariableFixed and Variable