Rawson Homes NSW, Elara, Marsden Park

Rawson Homes NSW, Elara, Marsden Park

Dream of a new house come true thanks to Rawson Homes.

Bear with me because this review will be long! My husband and I always wished to have a brand new home but we didn’t want to move from where we were living in the Sutherland Shire. We actually considered renovating our house since we liked the location and what we really needed was an extra bathroom. However living in an old house it means you most probably have asbestos (what we found out we had a lot), possums and lots of other minor issues that a brand new home would not have. Therefore 3 years ago, in early 2016, we starting looking for a project home that would make our dream of a new house come true. A knock-down and rebuild. We thought the hard part was going to be just choosing a plan we liked within our budget. Unfortunately we were so wrong! Once we chose the plan/ plans we liked that it would somehow fit in our land, company after company started telling us they could not build it due to Sutherland Shire Council’s regulations and the wide size, not long, of our land. Due to these regulations there was nothing we could fit that it would get approved! We tried Masterton, Metricon (but they said we needed to pay one of their architects to design our house because they had nothing that it would fit in our land), Mojo Homes, which once we chose the plan and the facade we wanted and we were ready to pay the deposit, they sent an email saying they could not do it, without an explanation, not a phone call, nothing!! Then finally Clarendon seemed to be able to help us with a plan of a small two storey house and we paid the deposit. So we thought: “this is it, we will get a new house”. It wasn’t exactly what we wanted but still new. We were happy and excited. Unfortunately after all the initial surveys and diagrams and peg outs etc they came back to us saying they could not move forward because they were not sure Sutherland Council would ever approve it. And so we were defeated once more. At this point I didn’t want to continue, I just thought our dream home would never become a reality and we would have to actually sell and buy somewhere else. More than a year have passed until we walked in Rawson Homes Marsden Park. We liked the Benham with the Trend Façade but I was over it at this point and when the New Home Consultant called Nathalie looked into my eyes and asked me how long we were searching for, she saw the frustration in me. After that day she started calling me and emailing me doing all her best to help us. She went far and beyond and she never gave up on us. She was my support at the time and she kept supporting me and helping through the whole process. I must say we owe her the fact that now we have a dream home. She modified the plan to suit both Council requirements and our preferences. We had to deal with so many home consultants and absolutely none did what she did for us, she believed we could have the house we wanted. For this reason we will always be grateful to Nathalie. Her overall costs estimate was spot on! We still cannot believe it, we heard lots of bad different stories and we were worried, but luckily we didn’t have this issue at all with Rawson Homes.
After the design plan process we passed to the next steps and we had some rough time there, I’m not going to lie, I was not that happy back then with the miscommunication and luck of attention to details. It was indeed a VERY stressful time until Kellie, the Preconstruction Manager, started taking care of our file. Kellie was such a pleasure to deal with. She always replied to all my emails promptly, helped us in anything we needed even after the Preconstruction phase. Nothing was much of a problem or inconvenience to her. She continued to help me replying and answering to all my questions right to the end. She is extremely professional and she relieved all the stress I had accumulated in the months prior.
Once the actual construction of the house starts you have to deal and communicate with the Site Manager. Well we had two good ones: Wayne and Tyrone. Boy oh boy I could write a whole big letter about Tyrone. But I have now written too much so let me just say that a few mistakes were done when Tyrone took over and he efficiently and patiently fixed them all. Again, like Nathalie and Kellie, he went far and beyond. He kept me well-informed along the whole process and none of our requests were a problem for him. I bothered him constantly, messaging him after hours but he always replied to me promptly and professionally. Even now, after 2 months of handover he still replies to our emails and takes care our requests. Tyrone has done such a wonderful job with our house! He is extremely professional, attentive, and friendly and we command him on his expertise and excellent customer service. We wish to everyone who has a house been built by Rawson to have him as the Site Manager because he really cares about the end product and happiness of his clients. We are very grateful to Tyrone, we now consider him a friend and look forward to keeping in contact with him and show him the furnished and end result of the house.
So, if you were thinking whether to have your dream house been built by Rawson Homes or not, don’t think anymore. We are extremely happy with the build quality of our house and I hope this long feedback will make you sign in with them because you are going to be in great hands like we did.
Thank you to all the team at Rawson Homes but in particular a MASSIVE THANK YOU to Nathalie, Kellie and Tyrone. We look at our house now and think of you three, we will be forever grateful!

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi Elfie, Thanks so much for sharing your story with us, and for your lovely feedback on Nathalie, Wayne, Kellie and Tyrone. We have a great team here at Rawson Homes and really appreciate hearing from happy customers! We wish you all the best and we hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come! - Rawson Homes

John Abboud Amazing help

Everything I asked for and all the issues and problems I had with the new home I got built through Rawson Homes, the administrator, John Abboud, was such an amazing guy who helped with everything to do with my new property. Thank you once again John.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi Jay, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very pleased to hear that John was of great help to you. We hope you enjoy your new home for many years to come! - Rawson Homes

Great project management in time and quality

This project was managed very well by the Project Manager John in the construction stage, although there was a significant delay in the council approval stage. John managed to pull back delays and shorten the construction time dramatically and also finished it in very good quality. He also communicated very well in every stage during the construction. Fantastic project management!

Construction End DateApril 2019
Hi Daniel, Thank you so much for taking the time to write out your experience and share it with us. We are glad to hear that John was such a great help to you and made your experience great. All the best with the rest of your building experience! - Rawson Homes

Amazing pre-construction team

Starting with the sales - David was such an excellent guy who helped us in finding the most suitable plan for our plot. Having spoken with multiple sales people from various builders I can say David stood out the most with his knowledge on council regulations and having a holistic thinking with his honest opinion. He was extremely patient and helped in preparing all the pre-sale plan amendments for us. David is one of the biggest reasons why we chose to build with Rawson Homes.

We proceeded with our tender presentation and then got assigned with our pre-construction administrator - Annabelle.
This being our first build we had numerous questions and concerns. Annabelle patiently assisted us in understanding the entire process and always answered all our enquiries immediately with clear responses. Annabelle always was in touch with us giving regular updates on all the background work done by the team.

Our plan presentation was by Kahila - she understood all our requirements on the spot and had the mind of a good architect. The plan presentation was only for 3 hours and that includes the plan presentation and making any amendments to the plans like adding or changing windows, doors, service locations etc.. Kahila’s experience was truely valuable on finishing all the customisations on time. Following the appointment Kahila also provided us with the sketch of all the discussed changes.

After completing our external selection and we moved on to our electrical appointment. We were lucky to have Lauren assigned as our electrical consultant. Lauren was very helpful and accommodating to enable us setup all necessary provisions for a smart home. Lauren provided us thoughtful suggestions and took the time to consult with the electrician before we signed off on the electrical plans.

Following our electrical appointment had our internal colour appointment. We were honestly quite overwhelmed with the amount of selections to be made. It was exciting and at the same time very challenging to fit all the internal selections completed in a short session of 3hrs. The time is so less that its even hard for the internal consultant to capture all these selections within this timeframe. Lisa who handled our internal colour appointment helped us a lot getting all of our selections done and chasing up with different vendors on every customisation requested.

We are now gone to construction phase but still waiting on the site work to begin. So far our journey with Rawson has been very satisfying with the customer attention they have provided and working with us in building our dream home.

Special thanks to Annabelle in bringing all of these together - cannot imagine everything would have gone so smoothly without your amazing management skills.

Looking forward to finish our construction and to update our post construction review.

Build StagePre-Construction
Dear Sherine, Thanks for the detailed review and all of your words of praise for our team. We really appreciate you taking the time to write all of this feedback! We wish you all the best for the rest of your construction and hope that your experience continues to be as good as it has so far! - Rawson Homes

Very nice house, good job, so satisfied

This is my first house with rawson, so lucky I have a very good site manager, John. He rang me at least once very month, told me how was my house going, what he had done, what he was doing. On the walking day, I was so satisfied with what he did, my house looks so beautiful from outside to inside, it is exactly what I want. He was so patient show me around, check everything in the house., I am so glad with the quality of the house. Thanks rawson give me my dream house, thanks John for building it.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Thanks so much for your feedback on John. We have a great team here at Rawson Homes and really appreciate hearing from happy customers. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Excellent service provided by Gina Rigas.

Had great experience through pre construction process, Gina handled our file and made things look very easier, always there with our query or any explanation. Thanks Gina, you had done very well.

Build StagePre-Construction
Thanks so much for kind words, Nilesh. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Nice guy and quality service

With John’s help, all the problems of the house were picked and fixed. Thanks a lot. He was very responsible and patient. I am satisfied with the experience with him.

Rawson Homes - Pre-Construction Process

- Communication between the Builder and Client was excellent
- Very Informative and Helpful with technical questions and process queries
- Swift responses to questions or requests
- Very helpful to first-time home owners/builders

Build StagePre-Construction
Thanks so much for kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Thank you Rawson homes and Kane for a great job

The build was fast and of good quality
The product is really nice
Nothing was a drama every problem was resolved professionally
Thank you rawson homes and Kane for a great job

Build StagePost-Construction
Thanks so much for your review. We’re so happy to hear you love your new home. We hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Good Plans, Very detailed step by step assistance in Pre - Construction stage

This is our 2nd Home with Rawson Homes. Very good step by step assistance in each & every procedure. The home is in early pre- construction stage right now but till date the the office support is awesome.

Build StagePre-Construction
Thanks so much for kind words, Jay. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Good service, some room for improvement in company comms

We are just reaching end of pre-construction stage. We have been very happy with Gina's work in preparing our house plans and designs to be built. She has been very helpful and responsive with information and answering questions along the way.
Unfortunately since buying our house and land package there were delays before the land was registered. Whilst we expected there may be a small delay with all the moving parts of the process we ended up with 10 months delay for settlement. A disappointing aspect of this was the lack of communication received from Rawson Homes during these delays. Delays happen, that is an element of buying and building a home but a more frequent and direct (rather than through solicitors each time) communication would have eased this situation.

Build StagePre-Construction
Thanks so much for your feedback Phil, we do appreciate it and will take this on board. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Very Helpful

Rawson Homes have been very helpful to us when constructing our new home. They helped us to go through the steps 1 by 1 and helped us when we needed help. Anabella, Tomas and team were very helpful and kind and helped us to get through this tough phase. They very proactive and helped replied back to our questions quickly and didn't mind taking some of their own time out to help us out in this process.

Construction End DateOctober 2019
Thanks so much for your feedback Boby. We have a great team here at Rawson Homes and really appreciate hearing from happy customers. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Good Service

John at Rawson was very helpful to us. He explained everything about our house in great detail. He made sure that we are extremely happy with the property. He is a very professional man.

Build StagePost-Construction
Thanks so much for your review, Linda. We’re so happy to hear you love your new home. We hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Great support, nothing was too much trouble!

We picked up this build a little differently by taking over the contract for a fully designed house from someone else and just building it as it was and I have to say that Rawson have been wonderfully accommodating, supportive and patient with us, seeing as we came into the process quite late compared to most people! We had a lot of questions in a short amount of time and they were always more than helpful.

At the beginning there was some shuffling of our pre-construction administrator with staff changes but once Natalie was locked in for us she was fantastic! Very patient with all my questions and nothing was too much trouble. She also regularly followed up to make sure we weren't losing unnecessary time during the finance approval phase.
We are now about 1/3 through our build and our site manager Will is just as awesome! He's on top of everything and really proactive, making sure work is progressing as quickly as possible with very little down time on site. He is always quick to reply and accommodate requests to meet or just double check things. Suffice to say we couldn't have asked for a better experience so far! Looking forward to completing our new home with as much ease as we have had to this point.

Build StageMid-Construction
Construction End DateSeptember 2019

I was satisfied well organised the processing. Especially Jhon, the site manager is responsible and helpful.

Rawson homes is well managed on the processing of the building construction step by step. Whenever i had a questions they response ASAP which was the most pleasant part during the construction was going. As I purchased the Home and land package I was not able to know every single informations on the inclusions but when the building was finished i was so happy.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Thanks so much for your review, Susan. We’re so happy to hear you love your new home. We hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Dream home begins

Very happy with the pre-construction phase. Gina at Rawson was quick to help us along the way and responded swiftly with our countless questions and emails. She was easy to deal and with and patient, we now look forward to our Dream home construction starting. Will recommend Rawson to family and friends.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Shane, Thanks so much for your feedback on Gina. We have a great team here at Rawson Homes and really appreciate hearing from happy customers. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Rawson team has been awesome so far!

This is our first home build so reading all the horror stories online made us wary coming into the build process. So far though, we have to say that the Rawson team is well run. The process is clear and you're guided from beginning to end. Our sales consultant David T was very knowledgeable - he answered a lot of our Qs around est. pricing and upgrades which really helped to manage our expectation around build costs. He also helped to redesign our top floor - we wanted to extend the first floor of our Huntley 30 (5BR) to make the rooms bigger so that helped us to imagine what the house could look like. Once we paid for the tender, we were assigned our PCA - Lauren C. She's very efficient and answers our Qs truthfully. Unfortunately, the contract is very pro-Rawson and we can't make any changes to the contract (be prepared for that!). Ashley K did our plan presentation. People say drafting team tend to miss things or make mistakes, but Ashley did the sketches accurately and the plans we got back was mostly accurate. It prob helped that we had an excel spreadsheet with all our changes to help keep track of them all. We then went on to the fun part of choosing our internal colours with Lauren B and electrical selections with Katherine T. The girls were really great to work with. They're knowledgeable, gave great and practical suggestions/recommendations when we're stuck so we're able to make our choices without too much trouble.

We'll update this post once we go into construction but so far so good with Rawson.

Build StagePre-Construction
Thanks for the great feedback KFSee, we really appreciate it. Best of luck with the construction phase.

Excellent work done sofar

Staff at Rawson Homes are very professional. Especially our site supervisor Will is so good and understands our needs and he is always helpful in resolving our issues/concerns and updates us every week on status of the construction. On this note I would also like to Thank you Pre construction manager Kellie for sorting out our issues.
One of bricklayer told us that we are lucky to have Will as Site supervisor and expect the house ahead of given time which is true.
I strongly believe the rest of the construction will go ahead in the same way.

Build StageMid-Construction
Thanks so much for your kind words Somesh. We wish you all the best with the rest of your build, and hope you enjoy your new home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

On our way to our dream house.....!

It all started with a visit to Rawson Elara at Marsden Park, in May 2018, where we first met Tomas at the Sales Office. He was always friendly, approachable and very patient (never pushy) in answering many of our questions over several of our visits there, and was able to help us put together a rough draft on how our dream house would look like.

We were impressed with the whole team, starting with Gerry at the Tender Presentation, Lauren, the Exterior Colour Consultant, Ashleigh on the structural variations, Charlie, the Internal Colour Consultant and Kathryn on the Electrical Selection. Every one of these ladies were friendly and knowledgeable in their field and very pleasant to work with. They were very professional and helpful with our queries but never impatient with us. We enjoyed the whole experience from the Tender stage and the Pre-construction process and are thankful for the team's help and support in our journey towards building our dream house!

We have just completed our Pre-Construction stage and we are extremely happy with our experience thus far. We had great support from Rachel (PCA) and then Monika (Workflow Coordinator). Throughout the whole process, these ladies were very patient, professional, prompt, precise and friendly in all our dealings with them. We appreciated of how they managed our file efficiently and swiftly at each stage of the process without delay. At the later stage, there were times when we felt overwhelmed, and Monika made extra effort to explain the situations to us and guided us along.

We would definitely love to work with the whole team again in the future if we have the opportunity! Thank you very much to each and everyone. You are our 'Dream Team'!

Our site manager, Jeff, has just touched base with us and provided updates on initial works carried out onsite so far and the forthcoming schedule. Hope everything will go smoothly from here on. Fingers crossed!

Construction End DateNovember 2019
Hi Fiona, Thanks so much for your feedback. We have a great team here at Rawson Homes and really appreciate hearing from happy customers. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Dream First Home Perrrrrfect !

Dream House, That’s everyone has dreams to have own house.However, some got spoiled if hasn’t chosen correct builder.

Rawson Homes for us, “ You only need your basic bag packs to take with you when you moving in new home build with Rawson Homes as it's covers all necessary in their inclusions with competitive price.”
It's not like attractive low price that could jump back in every steps movement

Our Journey was began in May 2017 and from then till we moved in property we got supportive staff for each movements.

Natalie Waldron - Sales at Elara - She helped us to learn a lingo in details for construction and legal requirement that other might not explain to get business.
Anny Lu - PCA - Took her role very well to make our smooth progress towards construction stage.

Leon Raff - Our SS. A person who better understand customer needs, punctual , available at any time and ready to resolve any doubt concern . Because of Leon our House got ready and handed over before expected. Leon personally feels customer’s emotions about their dream house expectation and deliver as much as he can as per their desire.

Construction End DateNov 2018
Hi Chetan, Thanks so much for your feedback. We have a great team here at Rawson Homes and really appreciate hearing from happy customers. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes