Ray's Outdoors

Ray's Outdoors (page 2 of 3)

Online store, Physical store
See the Best Camping Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ray's Outdoors? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.2

Happily matched the price of an interstate competitor.

Yesterday we went into Rays Waurn Ponds to purchase some Campfire saucepans and skillet. They were exactly what we were after with removable handles for easy storage. On arriving home we realised we had been over charged at the register and then my wife found the same products online at an interstate store for two thirds the cost. Back into Rays we went and the staff happily refunded our money and then matched the price of their interstate competitor.

Tom
    TomGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unhelpful staff

Went into Ray's Ballarat on 16/5/16 to purchase a 20 metre, 15 amp extension lead for my caravan. Had what I wanted however it was $16.00 dollars dearer than Bunnings. Guess where I purchased it.

Judy
    JudyMelbourne

Fantastic Experience at Ray's Outdoors

I visited Ray's Outdoors Nunawading last Sunday, Mothers Day. I was approached in a friendly manner by Brad the manager of this store who subsequently helped me to purchase a pair of Merrell walking shoes for myself which were on special for Mothers Day, a pair to take home for my husband which I could bring back if not right & a rain jacket, also on special. On getting to the check-out he told me my husband's shoes were discounted by $100! All in all a very worthwhile visit to Ray's which has recently undergone a big refurbishment & looks fabulous. My husband was delighted with his new walking shoes which are the best he's ever worn.
    A big thumbs up for Ray's Nunawading Vic.

Poor range of brands

Where did all the good quality brands go? And what you do have is very limited. Sad to see as these stores used to be fun to walk into and shop.
    Bye bye rays outdoors

darl
    darl

Won't go there again

We went to Mandurah Rays Outdoor store whilst visiting from the country. We were treated rudely when we queried ticketed discounted prices to the actual total of purchases at the checkout. He snatched the discount tickets off the shelf and said they shouldn't be on there. He begrudgingly honoured it and made us feel he was doing us a favour! Rude service and very condescending. You lost our custom. We always buy camping and hiking gear clothes etc when visiting the city.

John
    John

A rude and dominating Manager, pushing an unacceptable Customer & Returns policy in breach of Consu

I will never, ever, do business with these people again. Some time ago I was refused a refund after being told by the Sales Staff member if the size of the item I was buying for my wife would not fit, I could get a refund no problem. When I returned it, as it did not fit her, they refused a refund and said "Credit Only". When I would not accept that for the above reason, a rude and dominating Manager came and ordered me out of the Nunawading Store! As a National Marketing Director with 50 years of shopping I have never been treated in such an unprofessional, pathetic and demeaning manner, and the staff also seemed intimidated by this arbitrary individual.

Wrong item posted. Terrible communication

I have been sent a gas stove instead of a camp kitchen. The invoice clearly shows that they have sent the wrong item. I've sent four emails and rang several times only to be told someone will contact me. Very very poor service and communication. I have never ever had any issues with dealing with anyone else online. Will never buy again.

misterbee
    misterbeePeel, WA

Online Order Debacle.

J. Oakley
    J. OakleyVictoria, 3661

Don't buy online.

I purchased socks online. After 12 phone calls over a period of 6 months they finally arrived with no apology or anything. Will never purchase from them again. No service and no explanations.

Char
    Char

Online Misleading Prices

June
    Junemelbourne

No stars for this one

Rip off

Got totally ripped off buying a portable stove another store had the product for half the price I went to return it and staff were extremely rude and told me I couldn't return it even though I had a receipt and it wasn't used will never purchase from them again

Misleading Promotion

Today I went to Campbelltown Rays Outdoors and purchased a few items them I checked the receipt, I believed I was overcharge for an item went and check the ticket and it was $20.00 less than I payed, asked for assistance and was told this was not the product. It was the only product stacked under the ticket. I was made to feel I made the mistake by the manager [name removed]. This is false advertising displaying a ticket on an item not on sale. Not happy Jan!!

girlraven
    girlravenPerth

Best camping shop

I've always shopped at Rays Outdoors in the Kalgoorlie store and the Perth Cannington store and they're as equally as good as each other. I always get customer help really quickly. I returned a tent about a year ago because of change of mind, they returned me the $ not a problem. I also like the Rays loyalty card. Great shop.

Rays Warrnambool

Had enough of being ignored by bcf and umhauers because I'm a woman, both the male and female staff at rays pay equal attention to all customers! Rewards card is excellent value, just wish the credit lasted longer, at least a year, if not indefinitely, so you can save it up for Christmas time! Most recently Joseph helped me with a tent and Cate helped me with a waeco fridge and then used my credit towards my bag the next day. Always a pleasure at Rays Warrnambool! Top job.

Linda
    LindaPerth, WA

Do Not Order Online!!

Agree with Jimmy, same thing happened to me. Ordered online, charged $11.95 freight, only rec'd one item. NO contact until 2 weeks after order I emailed them, no stock processing refund. Already rec'd email asking me to review the products. THANKS for telling me!! Will be putting in complaint as want freight $$ back too!!

JimmyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

do not order online

I ordered products online confirms your order they take your money but you wont get your goods and when you speak to them two weeks later they havnt even looked at your order cause theres no stock! But they will keep taking your money. Still waiting for refunds and missings goods. The worst online shopping eva!!

Lisaho
    LisahoBallarat

Very poor customer service

I went into the Ballarat store for the first time on Saturday in the hope of buying some shoes and travel clothing to take overseas. I spent 40 minutes in the store waiting for assistance as I was unable to find what I was looking for but was totally ignored by the staff. I went to approach an older female staff member who clearly saw that I needed assistance and she ducked into a room out the back (near the shoes) and never returned! I like to support local businesses but eventually gave up waiting and bought my gear elsewhere... Very poor service..

Daniel
    Daniel

Out of stock

Bought a BBQ on special, purchase confirmation came through. Bought a new table from another store for my new BBQ. Rays Outdoors contacted me the day after stating that there are none of the BBQs left that i ordered. Offered me completely different sized replacements without understanding that i had already bought a new table.

not impressed

We have been to the modbury store three times..the first time we had very poor customer service and didn't buy anything. .on the second.after finally finding someone who was slightly intersted in helping only because we cornered her and she couldn't get away she had no product knowledge and was completely disinterested. .we purchased but only the catalogue item. .the third time we went in because we saw a product in a catalogue and wanted to purchase two other products but had to wait for several minutes for the 3 staff member to finish their personal conversation before they would bother with any of the people standing in line for service

not happy jan
    not happy janAustralia

shocking service rays online is the home brand service of BCF

Bought a tent went home changed my mind took it back two days latter over the phone they told me yeah bring it back. got there they made a big deal about it refused to refund it, they claim staff member made a mistake. Yes Australian law say you can't return a product. But smart business say's you do it is like holding a customer to ransom. All you get is bad feedback and negative review online. It looks like rays online are having a poor attempt at doing business trading online at ebay. They are hopeless it seems like they are another business owed by BFC to cheaply take some market share.

Returns

Beware when purchasing goods as their return policy excludes "change of mind", you may be offered a store credit to be used within 30 days, check out their policy, I bought a product because they were sold out of the advertised product,

GregAswell
    GregAswellAdelaide

Lousy customer experience

New tent .. used once, lost pole joiners. Visited store three times 60km round journey each time trying to get replacements. I can-not be the first nitwit to lose them. All kind of excuses, including why not go to Bunnings, as if Bunnings is a tent store. Excuses continued ... fact is they do not appear to back up their products with spares, nor do they appear to have anybody in the store empowered to resolve. Their website feedback path brought similar vague excuses. For future happiness I will not be buying anything from them again.

poor customer service.

Have been in the moonah store for approximately 30 minutes waiting for my boyfriend to pick out work boots. The young staff have looked at us funny several times. That's about it. How about a hello..?

Arthur Rou
    Arthur RouAdelaide

Fantastic Value and service

Clearly marked items at the Enfield store and friendly customer service.Rays rewards card is also another way to make savings.Very impressed.