Ray's Outdoors

Ray's Outdoors (page 3 of 3)

Online store, Physical store
See the Best Camping Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ray's Outdoors? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.2
    db6Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad customer service

They claim they have a good return policy but in fact they will have a lot of excuses to decline return of your faulty item. Will never buy from them again.

db6

Came in another day and another sales man was very helpful and resolved my issue without any hassle. The quality of service highly depends on who is working at register on the particular day.

Never buy from again... BFC all the way!!!!

I ordered a tent online and paid for a courier to delivery... Will never buy online again, as of the 11th it has gone missing and no one can tell me where it is... Also unless you have all day don't bother ringing the customer service number, waiting over 20 mins for a person to answer every time I rang.... Bad Service

d1717
    d1717Perth

a month already but no delivery yet

BADDDDDD. don't buy online, it takes forever to get it. It is already a month but no item yet. Bought things from China will even be faster to reach here. What is even worse, there is no update.

Camping Shops

Find out how Ray's Outdoors compares to other Camping Shops

A B
    A B

Terrible customer service - both in store and online

After going into Rays Cannington to purchase an item that I had seen on their website I was rudely told that I needed to supply the PLU number for them to find it on their system. I left the store as they refused to help me look for the item in store. I ordered the in-stock item online which was an easy enough process but then found myself waiting three weeks for courier delivery! My emailed enquiries were ignored and I was not once contacted in regards to the delays.
    Will shop elsewhere in future. Terrible service.

Bad Customer Service!

Glenn
    GlennMelbourne

It's been a month and no one seems to know what's going on with my order

Ordered some items on the 16th March. Was told that the nominated store did not have it in stock and they will instead get it delivered to me. Nearly a month has passed and I decided to check on my order and the only answer I got was we don't know what happened to your order.

The notes also stated to deliver the goods to me but no one seems to care about their customers that they just thought we will leave the order open on the system.

Never again rays! Get my order to me so we can move on!

Customer Service non existent

Peter
    PeterBendigo Vic

Gift cards

My son purchased gift cards for us & 2 sisters as presents for Christmas ($400 total). Went to use on Boxing day sales, could not get any discount. It appears by supporting the store & using gift cards, recipients are to pay full price for goods. Sent a message of complaint to their on line customer service to receive a very bland reply about how we had helped them give better service in the future ([censored word removed]). Will use cards and not go back, Anaconda have a much more varied range. Cash supplied 2 days before Christmas (in exchange for cards) is not as good as cash supplied as a present to be used wherever you like. Company policy does not encourage return business.

underdogau
    underdogauWestern District, VIC

Non Exisntent Service

I went in intendting buy pair boots for work woth around $200 at Warrnambool Store
    was gibing the footware area good look over 15 mins pass not a single employee offered help .
    I walk around store attempting to arouse a staff member to offer help but nope no offer of help so i will not be buying at rays. Oh well i will just go shop online then
    Good Variety Stock
    No Service no staff to care about sales

Joe
    JoeWestern District, VIC

Friendly helpful staff

This afternoon I visited the Warrnambool store to get information for a friend. The assistant showed me to the items and provided advice about the various models. I asked if the had brochures and at the counter the cashier downloaded and printed the material. A joy to visit the store.
    Knowledge and helpful cheerful staff

Camping Shops

Find out how Ray's Outdoors compares to other Camping Shops

saigon
    saigonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremly rude

Keen observer
    Keen observerAU

Rays Outdoors Camperdown Store. Very rude management.

glazfolk
    glazfolkHobart, TAS

Worst online shopping experience ever

Nearly three weeks after ordering some hiking boots (advertised as in stock and available), and paying extra for express delivery ... and still no sign of them.
    Numerous calls to their so called Customer Care Centre produce frustration, contradictory excuses, promises ... but no results! Promises to call me back are not met.
    Where do I go from here?

Update: After posting this I have finally been contacted by Rays Outdoors. Goods now received but wrong size! Happily staff at Monah were very helpful in effecting an exchange. Happy ending - eventually.

My advice is to avoid their online store!

Completely incompetent, no commitment to customer service.

Douglas  Salvation Army
    Douglas Salvation ArmyAdelaide

Ray's Outdoors indoors success

We shopped at Ray's Outdoor the other day and found them fabulous. We went in to buy some fishing gear and walked out with a whole lot os stuff. Great variety of fishing, camping and clothes.
    It's not a big shop but the service and peole were helpful and gave me all I needed.
    So much choice, great quality.
    I didn't have enough money to buy everything

brad212